Fraser Health Authority logo
Fraser Health Authority

Fraser Health Authority Employee Reviews in Abbotsford, BC

I love working for Fraser Health Authority

I am a scheduler and yes it can be stressful at times however my team is amazing and we work together for the common goal of getting clients seen. Great Benefits and the pay is good.

Pros

Great Coworkers

Cons

sometimes stressful

Support from co_workers

I Loved working with Fraser health.iam a registered care aide and worked as a community health worker for over 10 yrs.the only reason I left was because of management ..it kept changing a few different times while I was there.managrnent kept hiring new people and this process was very stressful for the clients.having different girls/,males come for the scheduled visit, sometimes 4 x a day,4 different people.the quality of care dropped dramatically.i couldn't stress this enough to my supervisor but it didn't make a difference.it was very sad to make my decision to leave.

Pros

Free lunch at Christmas

Cons

Split shifts

Supportive environment, educational opportunities

Appreciated my experience and time with Fraser Health, wouldn't have left was it not for my spouse's relocation due to his career. The company has fabulous benefits and some availability of career advancement available. Management and team lead involvement positive and supportive.

Fair

First year pretty tough but patience pays off good work ethic is rewarded Chances to advance Casual workers have flexibility but no benifits no sick pay Permanent workers get no flexibility but do get benifits and sick pay Union

Great Staff on my unit

I always had an excellent Manager and Patient Care Coordinators. The other staff was excellent as well. It was long hours, but with great people. I would not have left if I hadn't moved to another community.

My Director was amazing to work for

I worked with approximately 600 Surgeons, Anesthetists and Pediatricians in Fraser Health. The job was challenging, with constantly changing priorities.

Cons

FH is a very large organization and sometimes it feels like you are just a number

Great place to work! Lots of opportunities.

Best place to work with exceptional colleagues. Great education opportunity for professional growth. Usually workload is heavy but team work helps get through the day. Managers encourage good work/life balance.

Pros

Great benefits. Great people to work with.

Cons

Heavy workload.

Fraserhealth should be call FraserHell

The managers of the pharmacy depart has ZERO management skills. They are dishonestly, lacking integrity, and show no compassion to employee. As a union member, FH has NO incentive to train you, or give you opportunities for promotion. All they do is ask you do work ridiculous hours, (up to midnight), and the pay, compare the the amount of work, is not worth it. The union are useless as they all support FH instead of supporting the members. After 8 years of this organization, it is enough and i don't want to deal with them anymore. The culture is toxic. Managers shows no regards for staff, all they care is about their own promotion and they place in the company..... Please, don't be fool by the union or the pay.... once you are in, you are stuck and it is not good place to get stuck in.....

Pros

Higher Pay

Cons

No work life balance and managers don't care about staff

Lot of changes at workplace , productive and fun to work atmosphere

Not much to recruit and retain existing staff . Staff feels undervalued as most of leaders are swaying away from involving front line staff in decision making .

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Lack of job satisfaction, no acknowledgement for high productivity. Lot of changes at workplace

A great co-op experience

A great place where people are hardworking and truly believe in the mission of the organization. My project gave me an excellent on-site project implementation opportunity.

Pros

Good people, flexible approach to work (depending on the role)

Cons

Depending on prior experience some may find it a little slow paced

Jobs at Fraser Health Authority

in Abbotsford, BC
See more jobs

Work place is very good .

I like working with Fraser health. Management and co - workers are great . I get chances to learn new things and different cultures.Most enjoyable part of the job is helping those who can no longer help themselves and bringing happiness to their day.

Productive and challenging work environment.

Challenging and rewarding experience. The work days are always different. Learned the art of working in a fast-paced, physically and mentally challenging environment. Co-workers are great. You definitely learn to depend on each other in this industry. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping those who can no longer help themselves and bringing happiness to their day.

Challenges of a Hospital

I enjoyed the work taking into consideration patients needs and conditions . I learned a lot of plant operations . my co workers were always helpful and supportive.

Pros

a friendly attmosphere

Cons

Enjoy working here. Great people. Very respectable. Team support. Room for movement and opportunity I would recommend a career with Fraser Health to anyone pursuing a rewarding career in healthcare. It is about caring for people not about the numbers

Pros

Great team

Cons

Stressful at times

Great work enviroment, supportive supervisors

Looking for admin positing would love a career with fraser health

Comfortable, professional work environment

Typical day involves connecting with the team, updating on patient needs, coordinating volunteers, supporting patients and families, working on resources, managing supplies & donations Each day I learn about procedures, experiences, needs, symptoms, the best way to serve each patient and their family. Co workers are supportive, professional, keep me involved and informed Hardest part, not being able to see every patient, every day Most enjoyable...my entire job that I am able to do in day

Pros

Excellent work environment and union support

Cons

not enough of my particular positions

Good organziation; many educational opportunities;

Large regional health authority. Many opportunities for education; work; supportive re life balance; great co-workers; Most enjoyable part of my job is when I see that I have made a positive difference in people's lives.

patient care is utmost

I dont have a typical day, all are different. I do run audit reports every morning. From then on its phone calls, emails, Etc. Prioritizing workload. My management team has been great. They will listen to feedback. Hardest part of my job is some days the frustration levels can get pretty high. I truely enjoy helping others.

Pros

I get to help all I can help, Physicians, Units, Dr. offices, various departments.

Cons

frustrating at times.

great setting

It's a nursing job, so who you work for is sort of irrelevant. The patient are the focus.

Strong work ethics with friendly and personable co-workers

A typical day at work would start with me checking for phone and email messages. I would then prioritize my inspections appropriately according to their urgency.I learned that team work and communication are paramount in the office with co-workers as well as outside the office when I am interacting with operators.The office I had worked at was strong in work ethics and people were truly satisfied with their jobs and they are proud with the quality of work that is accomplished with the the care and time they put into their work.The hardest part of the job was breaking through language barriers when communicating with operators coming from a different cultural backgroud. I need to spend more time and use more body language in order to get my point across to them.The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to meet different people on a daily basis. It's a continual learning experience everyday and I am very humbled by it. I am also excited to share my knowledge from school to educate the importance of public health to better the health of the public and the community in which we live.

Pros

being able to interact with many different people on different levels

Cons

driving a lot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fraser Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement