Fraser Health Authority

Fraser Health Authority Employee Reviews

I like working with Fraser Health but the job is very stressful in the hospital. Nurses need strong muscles all the time.Managers are approachable.There is room for career advancement.
Pros
There is room for growth.
Cons
Very busy and heavy patient assignment
I Loved working with Fraser health.iam a registered care aide and worked as a community health worker for over 10 yrs.the only reason I left was because of management ..it kept changing a few different times while I was there.managrnent kept hiring new people and this process was very stressful for the clients.having different girls/,males come for the scheduled visit, sometimes 4 x a day,4 different people.the quality of care dropped dramatically.i couldn't stress this enough to my supervisor but it didn't make a difference.it was very sad to make my decision to leave.
Pros
Free lunch at Christmas
Cons
Split shifts
Extremely underpaid in staffing. the amount of jnformation required to know amd overall stress of the job makes the wage deplorable. A person is paid the same for pumping gas.
Pros
pension
Cons
employees don’t matter
Too political and “in” groups! There are definitely some bad apples (people) that should have been let go a long time ago, but no one seems to be doing anything about.
Pros
Discounts at various stores & hotels
Cons
Bad work environment (desks, temperature, etc)
I work casual and received a lot of hours at first. Not paid for a month due to payroll problems due to mass hiring and Covid. They fixed that be hand delivering a paycheque to me. Had lots of family time in March. Like my work life balance.
Pros
Respect.
Cons
Hard to get onto the website from home
Great Opportunity to support Clinical ClientsOpportunity to learn and growGreat workplace culture and fun. FlexiblePassion toward supporting patient care
Peers are fun, very supportive and helpful. Management lacks flexibility and places a high degree of pressure to complete a workload that can’t be completed in allotted work hours. Seems that, as an employer, they engage in time theft of their employees. Don’t apply and, if you’re an employee now, run as fast and as far from this employer as possible. Not really sure who, other than management, are rating them as one of the best employers!
Pros
Friendly peers
Cons
Micromanagement, lack of appreciation, poor management culture.
Very bad management. They don't care how hard working you are. They flag you if you quit job for any reason they don't care and never rehire you again . They put your name and sin number in not hiring list. And keep saying you just apply online and never hire you again. They have their own rules .
I have worked at several different places (different companies), as well as several sites with Fraser Health. I have never worked for such a bad, disorganized company in my life. Management doesn't listen to its staff, they make decisions based on I don't know what, but generally make the work so much harder. The computer program is a dinosaur and NOT user friendly at all. Many of the people that have been with the company are rude to new hires and not helpful at all. I would highly recommend avoiding this company if you have any choice.
Pros
benifits
Cons
just about everything else other than benefits
Work place - goodUn necessary issues creating by the management.Management - should be more experienced and supportive.work place culture - senior staffs are very rude.very stressful for new employeeshardest part - doing jobs when someone is watching behind us.
Pros
Pride
Cons
less knowledgeable management
Acute care experience invaluable for my clinical experience and client care opportunities. Allowed for personal and professional growth. Very rewarding 25 plus years of nursing experience.
Pros
Critical care experience
Cons
Shift work and family time
Managers don’t acknowledge unit clerks on a day to day routine. Acknowledges nurses etc.. but can’t even say good morning to say the least. Pretty disrespectful especially when Unit Clerks are a main hub. Underpaid and not acknowledged enough for keeping the unit going. Unit clerks should be a separate entity with HEU as well, not umbrellaed under all facilities.
I am a scheduler and yes it can be stressful at times however my team is amazing and we work together for the common goal of getting clients seen. Great Benefits and the pay is good.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
sometimes stressful
Steady and stable work environment. Great benefits package. Work life balance and great colleagues. Strategic changes amongst senior management was the main issue.
Generally a good experience, wonderful director the supervisors were terribly overworked and stressed but did maintain being professional, Some of the supervisors were difficult to deal with and hard to get time to review things due to being very busy
Pros
Various jobs to apply for
Cons
The health clerks in community are paid less than the hospital clerks that do the same job
I love home health care aide, but the driving and lack of compassion are not very nice. We love this job, but the Staff in the office make it hard to enjoy the job. At both ends of being in office and out in the field are very hard on everyone.
Pros
Felix able shifts
Cons
long drives, lack on of communication.
Opportunities to provide therapeutic intervention, facilitation, advocacy for clients programs and development of new services in area. Collaboration with other professionals, team support is strong; work load is exponentially increasing; wide variety of employees and clients, multiple issues and challenges to address. Overall,a positive work environment. Excellent colleagues and community resources.Sparse oversight on management staff or job quality assessment, review. Most difficult aspect to job is unintended client death; lack of funding, supports for marginalized populations or individuals; completing work day on time!
Pros
As above.
Cons
As above
Everything changes daily , your schedule, your routine , your clients, your life. You might sit in your car unpaid on a hot or cold day for an hour or 2 . No real break times . No stability, no part time positions. No on-call positions ,which would help them . Many upset workers and clients.
Pros
Pay-but no guaranteed hours, most are casual workers
Cons
Not enough postitions in the company, many casual workers in limbo for years.
Good work culture. Some Acute settings can be high paced, as expected in healthcare. An employee just has to find the area of care where they feel the most productive and happy.
Pros
Big employer - various sites, one can try different settings of acuity when they feel comfortable to do so.
Cons
The employer sites are located in western Canada, cost of living in the greater Vancouver is going up.
Appreciated my experience and time with Fraser Health, wouldn't have left was it not for my spouse's relocation due to his career. The company has fabulous benefits and some availability of career advancement available. Management and team lead involvement positive and supportive.
Coworkers were a huge positive to work with! Loved the daily challenges and opportunities for growth. LPNs are utilized in more scope than many other health authorities.