Fraser Health Authority
Happiness score is 76 out of 100

Fraser Health Authority Employee Reviews

Ups and downs

It was 21 years of hard work and sweat. Very little recognition from supervisors for hard work, as this cannot be "documented" Nothing matters unless it can be documented. Some of the managers are great, and some are very dull and thick. Same with co-workers, some great and some not so great. But it seemed to me that the longer I worked there, changes began to creep in, and they were not for the better. Laziness, lack of caring, blind management, and way too much bureaucracy, red tape, unreasonable expectations made by clueless leaders and on and on. Wasn't all bad. The real rewards were when I could see and hear the appreciation from residents and patients, and coming home dog-tired knowing that I did the best I could .

Pros

wages, benefits

Cons

clueless and unkind managers, lazy co workers

fun and meaningful place to work!

every position feels as thought you’re helping the public whether it’s in admin, health care, or even telehealth/public health. very friendly environment to work in

Pros

benefits, union, pension, job advancement

Cons

long hours, union

Fantastic and supportive co-workers

I worked with some very wonderful people, the staff at Chilliwack Public Health is so kind and understanding. The training was lovely and any question I had, they were always happy to help answer and explain until I understood. I really enjoyed my time working here. The job itself was challenging at times but extremely rewarding as you get to help seniors in their homes. I would definitely recommend getting into work as a healthcare worker with Fraser Health if you love helping people and want a career where you can be appreciated and advance yourself.

Pros

Friendly Staff, Great clients

Cons

Low pay

Can be a good experience, mine is ok not always so good

Really awesome co-workers for the most part. Management can be be amazing or an absolute nightmare, depends how far you are willing to go to please them. If you upset management, they tend to try and discredit you and encourage rumors and ridicule. Making it through that stage it progresses to wierd emails, tactics, and games that are meant to trigger anxiety and paranoia. I can't even talk about some of it without sounding irrational. Better put your head down and do your job, don't get too involved in the company politics.

Pros

Job security and benefits, wonderful co-workers

Cons

Lack of growth, attitude of manager, work hours

Good Company to work for

I like working at Fraser Health There is plenty of opportunity for overtime The management on my current unit is very supportive of her staff and assists the staff with booking time off as needed

Pros

Great benefits great staff great management

Cons

Deployment to other units that you are unfamiliar with to meet baseline staffing

Fast pace.

Some worker are rude and not helpful with the new workers. One Supervisor not friendly and very rude with the food service workers specially new worker.

Teamwork is good and co-workers become friends even outside the workplace.

I like working with Fraser Health but the job is very stressful in the hospital. Nurses need strong muscles all the time.Managers are approachable.There is room for career advancement.

Pros

There is room for growth.

Cons

Very busy and heavy patient assignment

Support from co_workers

I Loved working with Fraser health.iam a registered care aide and worked as a community health worker for over 10 yrs.the only reason I left was because of management ..it kept changing a few different times while I was there.managrnent kept hiring new people and this process was very stressful for the clients.having different girls/,males come for the scheduled visit, sometimes 4 x a day,4 different people.the quality of care dropped dramatically.i couldn't stress this enough to my supervisor but it didn't make a difference.it was very sad to make my decision to leave.

Pros

Free lunch at Christmas

Cons

Split shifts

Poorly Managed and stressful

Extremely underpaid in staffing. the amount of jnformation required to know amd overall stress of the job makes the wage deplorable. A person is paid the same for pumping gas.

Pros

pension

Cons

employees don’t matter

Women Rule Here and Too Political

Too political and “in” groups! There are definitely some bad apples (people) that should have been let go a long time ago, but no one seems to be doing anything about.

Pros

Discounts at various stores & hotels

Cons

Bad work environment (desks, temperature, etc)

Jobs at Fraser Health Authority

See more jobs

Great workplace.

I work casual and received a lot of hours at first. Not paid for a month due to payroll problems due to mass hiring and Covid. They fixed that be hand delivering a paycheque to me. Had lots of family time in March. Like my work life balance.

Pros

Respect.

Cons

Hard to get onto the website from home

Nice Place to work

Great Opportunity to support Clinical ClientsOpportunity to learn and growGreat workplace culture and fun. FlexiblePassion toward supporting patient care

Peers are great, but management is not

Peers are fun, very supportive and helpful. Management lacks flexibility and places a high degree of pressure to complete a workload that can’t be completed in allotted work hours. Seems that, as an employer, they engage in time theft of their employees. Don’t apply and, if you’re an employee now, run as fast and as far from this employer as possible. Not really sure who, other than management, are rating them as one of the best employers!

Pros

Friendly peers

Cons

Micromanagement, lack of appreciation, poor management culture.

Very bad HR department and Management

Very bad management. They don't care how hard working you are. They flag you if you quit job for any reason they don't care and never rehire you again . They put your name and sin number in not hiring list. And keep saying you just apply online and never hire you again. They have their own rules .

Horribly disorganized

I have worked at several different places (different companies), as well as several sites with Fraser Health. I have never worked for such a bad, disorganized company in my life. Management doesn't listen to its staff, they make decisions based on I don't know what, but generally make the work so much harder. The computer program is a dinosaur and NOT user friendly at all. Many of the people that have been with the company are rude to new hires and not helpful at all. I would highly recommend avoiding this company if you have any choice.

Pros

benifits

Cons

just about everything else other than benefits

I had a very bad experience from the management, not supportive

Work place - goodUn necessary issues creating by the management.Management - should be more experienced and supportive.work place culture - senior staffs are very rude.very stressful for new employeeshardest part - doing jobs when someone is watching behind us.

Pros

Pride

Cons

less knowledgeable management

Critical care experience

Acute care experience invaluable for my clinical experience and client care opportunities. Allowed for personal and professional growth. Very rewarding 25 plus years of nursing experience.

Pros

Critical care experience

Cons

Shift work and family time

Not much to say

Managers don’t acknowledge unit clerks on a day to day routine. Acknowledges nurses etc.. but can’t even say good morning to say the least. Pretty disrespectful especially when Unit Clerks are a main hub. Underpaid and not acknowledged enough for keeping the unit going. Unit clerks should be a separate entity with HEU as well, not umbrellaed under all facilities.

I love working for Fraser Health Authority

I am a scheduler and yes it can be stressful at times however my team is amazing and we work together for the common goal of getting clients seen. Great Benefits and the pay is good.

Pros

Great Coworkers

Cons

sometimes stressful

Steady and stable

Steady and stable work environment. Great benefits package. Work life balance and great colleagues. Strategic changes amongst senior management was the main issue.

Lots of opportunity for advancement

Generally a good experience, wonderful director the supervisors were terribly overworked and stressed but did maintain being professional, Some of the supervisors were difficult to deal with and hard to get time to review things due to being very busy

Pros

Various jobs to apply for

Cons

The health clerks in community are paid less than the hospital clerks that do the same job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fraser Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement