Fraser Health Authority
View all Fraser Health Authority reviews

Fraser Health Authority

Fraser Health Authority Employee Review

Each day is new and different at my job in health care. The challenges that are presented to me at work are usually unique and have an impact on lives in a deep and meaningful way. Some of the choices and decisions we make can mean the difference between life and death in some cases. I have learned that to be a "health care provider" takes daily sacrifice, constant reflection, collaboration and critical thinking among many other factors. Our management is professional, informed, well educated, fair minded and has a open door policy. My co-workers form a tight network of multi talented people in areas such as: social work, dietary, cleaning, recreation and music therapy, pastoral/ clergy, office work, psychology, medical science, and a host of others. We all have the common goal in extended care of ensuring our clients/residents a safe and secure environment to live in dignity and comfort as they sojourn in their final journey of life. Our objective is comfort. As opposed to the fast paced acute care setting where our goal is to give the patient the best quality care in the most professional and proficient manner possible. Our overall objective is to promote health and wellness in all areas of health care.The most difficult part of being a nurse is saying goodbye to people we care for. It's also about seeing how fragile and valuable life and our bodies really are. The best part of my job are the close relationships that are formed under these extreme conditions where life is laid bare and emotions are often raw, where life is real.

Pros

great wage and benefits with a pension.

Cons

long shifts with physical and mental exhaustion.

5.0Job security/advancement

Same role

LPN position in various settings.

Good work culture. Some Acute settings can be high paced, as expected in healthcare. An employee just has to find the area of care where they feel the most productive and happy.

Pros

Big employer - various sites, one can try different settings of acuity when they feel comfortable to do so.

Cons

The employer sites are located in western Canada, cost of living in the greater Vancouver is going up.
Same role

Enjoyed the culture

Coworkers were a huge positive to work with! Loved the daily challenges and opportunities for growth. LPNs are utilized in more scope than many other health authorities.
Same location

Fantastic and supportive co-workers

I worked with some very wonderful people, the staff at Chilliwack Public Health is so kind and understanding. The training was lovely and any question I had, they were always happy to help answer and explain until I understood. I really enjoyed my time working here. The job itself was challenging at times but extremely rewarding as you get to help seniors in their homes. I would definitely recommend getting into work as a healthcare worker with Fraser Health if you love helping people and want a career where you can be appreciated and advance yourself.

Pros

Friendly Staff, Great clients

Cons

Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fraser Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement

Compare Fraser Health Authority with

• Fraser Health Authority
  • Fraser Health Authority is an equal opportunity employer who provide their staff with a safe, secure and respectful workplace.