Fraser Health Authority

Fraser Health Authority Employee Reviews

Canada200 reviews
Unit clerk for fraserhealth
A great company to work for. Unit clerks generally have a high-stress job and therefore the standard unit clerk salary is definitely not adequate, especially for this economy and with the current cost of living.
great place to work
Everyone at Fraser health was very friendly and helpful. I learned a lot from my team lead and team members by asking lots of questions. This is a very fast paced target driven environment.
The workplace
The most enjoyable part of the job is that you can work in many different areas, if you realize one area does not suit your goals then you can move to a different area fairly easily.
productive workplace
I worked in tri-cities which is far from my place. they don't cover your mileage and gas expenses. but they have a friendly work environment. they will help you with your questions and concerns.
Pros
good benefits and salary
Cons
casual position
Ineffective Managers, Uncaring coworkers, unrealistic expectations
Have been with FHA for over 20 yrs. I work hard, very hard, because I care and I have a conscience. So many coworkers do not. Managers either don't care or can't do anything. As long as things look good on paper everything is okay. Supervisors are blind to the nonsense that goes on there, but of course would readily deny this. Doesn't do any good to confide in managers because they will do nothing, or can't do nothing. Hard workers are not recognized for their efforts, Lazy workers are not recognized for their lack of effort... I am so glad to be nearing retirement. Fraser Health used to be a nice place to work. It is like not very nice now. Goodbye FHA I won't miss you.
Toxic organization to work for
The incredibly large number of suspiciously positive reviews demonstrate how desperate the leadership team is to save face.

Leadership should spend time trying to revive their moral decay instead of sitting there writing fake reviews.
The organization should continue to focus on delivering best practice for improved and quality holistic care to the communities they are involved
Needs improvement on patient and staff safety, mentally and physically
Delivery of care should be addressing on- going staff shortage on the nursing program, provide opportunities to increase moral on staff
Home Support is Chaos
Unfortunately Home Support office is poorly run.
You feel like a number.

I haven’t spoken to a supervisor in months

No feed back - No performance reviews

No one to ask questions to and when to get a response from

Lack of training from management or RN input

Clients un happy with co-workers service and scheduling

Scheduling is very inconsistent

after working 3 years for home support

I do not feel I have consistant job security
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Fraser Health Authority?
Faced paced, challenging environment. Excellent co workers.
I love my job. The is always something to do in an ever changing patient load. There are many great staff members at all levels and I enjoy working as part of the team
Fair
First year pretty tough but patience pays off good work ethic is rewarded
Chances to advance

Casual workers have flexibility but no benifits no sick pay

Permanent workers get no flexibility but do get benifits and sick pay

Union
Never boring
Never boring, always a pleasure to go to work. Supportive staff urging personal growth. Great benefits. Leave everyday knowing you helped in someone’s time of need
excellent place to work
Love my job at RCH, I am having a difficult time with shift work as I have two 10 year old sons that are active in sports and Im just finding myself tired from the night work. I love my job, the team work, the doctors, the work load can be a little intense at times but I really enjoy it.
Health care job
This health care job requires compassionate care towards patients. Skills are judged when we met with aggressive patients and patients with disabilities
Great place
I loved my job, the best part of my job where the patients, I was in registration and loved spending my day greeting them and trying to make them comfortable.
Toxic, inhumane, and egotistical leadership culture
What an emotionally sickening experience as a manager at Fraser Health.

Allegiances, and blind-loyalty seemed more important to my director than patient care or promoting respectful work environments.

I was expected to spread rumours and encourage my staff to bully a new employee who had filed a complaint at another hospital.

My kindness was viewed as weakness and I myself was shunned and bullied by the other managers for refusing to partake.
every site varies
I have been an employee for 13 years, and enjoy having security in this employer. I have advanced through different roles with support from colleagues and management which has helped me to advance my career
Negitive and oppresive
Failure to provide adequate funding to ensure buildings will provide the bare minimum of service to the public. Due to extremely low wages Facilities maintenance and operations cannot hire or keep good people.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Low wages, toxic workplaces.
RN jobs at Fraser Health
Great place to work with good benefits. Lots of opportunities for advancement and/or changes in roles. For the most part, good workplace culture. Depending on the unit, can be stressful and fast-paced.
Pros
Stable jobs. Lots of opportunities.
Cons
High burnout rate.
Work is quite flexible. The workplace is very diverse, and people are friendly. I enjoy working with my peers, and they are very supportive and very approachable.
Great employers
I very much enjoyed working with my team at Fraser Health. Working conditions and support are great. Lots of room for advance in all departments. Great working atmosphere
Pros
All good
Cons
Productive and learning environment specialy for new grads
This is a wonderful place to work, you need to be dedicated to your job however. They do not allow time for constant issues, calling in sick, they are held to high standards and they hold the staff to the same. If you love your job this is a wonderful way of putting it to work. Not a 5 star as of course everything has areas they can approve upon
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fraser Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.