Fraser Health Authority

Fraser Health Authority Employee Reviews

Managers don’t acknowledge unit clerks on a day to day routine. Acknowledges nurses etc.. but can’t even say good morning to say the least. Pretty disrespectful especially when Unit Clerks are a main hub. Underpaid and not acknowledged enough for keeping the unit going. Unit clerks should be a separate entity with HEU as well, not umbrellaed under all facilities.
Work place - goodUn necessary issues creating by the management.Management - should be more experienced and supportive.work place culture - senior staffs are very rude.very stressful for new employeeshardest part - doing jobs when someone is watching behind us.
Pros
Pride
Cons
less knowledgeable management
I am a scheduler and yes it can be stressful at times however my team is amazing and we work together for the common goal of getting clients seen. Great Benefits and the pay is good.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
sometimes stressful
Steady and stable work environment. Great benefits package. Work life balance and great colleagues. Strategic changes amongst senior management was the main issue.
Generally a good experience, wonderful director the supervisors were terribly overworked and stressed but did maintain being professional, Some of the supervisors were difficult to deal with and hard to get time to review things due to being very busy
Pros
Various jobs to apply for
Cons
The health clerks in community are paid less than the hospital clerks that do the same job
I love home health care aide, but the driving and lack of compassion are not very nice. We love this job, but the Staff in the office make it hard to enjoy the job. At both ends of being in office and out in the field are very hard on everyone.
Pros
Felix able shifts
Cons
long drives, lack on of communication.
Opportunities to provide therapeutic intervention, facilitation, advocacy for clients programs and development of new services in area. Collaboration with other professionals, team support is strong; work load is exponentially increasing; wide variety of employees and clients, multiple issues and challenges to address. Overall,a positive work environment. Excellent colleagues and community resources.Sparse oversight on management staff or job quality assessment, review. Most difficult aspect to job is unintended client death; lack of funding, supports for marginalized populations or individuals; completing work day on time!
Pros
As above.
Cons
As above
Everything changes daily , your schedule, your routine , your clients, your life. You might sit in your car unpaid on a hot or cold day for an hour or 2 . No real break times . No stability, no part time positions. No on-call positions ,which would help them . Many upset workers and clients.
Pros
Pay-but no guaranteed hours, most are casual workers
Cons
Not enough postitions in the company, many casual workers in limbo for years.
Good work culture. Some Acute settings can be high paced, as expected in healthcare. An employee just has to find the area of care where they feel the most productive and happy.
Pros
Big employer - various sites, one can try different settings of acuity when they feel comfortable to do so.
Cons
The employer sites are located in western Canada, cost of living in the greater Vancouver is going up.
Appreciated my experience and time with Fraser Health, wouldn't have left was it not for my spouse's relocation due to his career. The company has fabulous benefits and some availability of career advancement available. Management and team lead involvement positive and supportive.
Coworkers were a huge positive to work with! Loved the daily challenges and opportunities for growth. LPNs are utilized in more scope than many other health authorities.
diverse environments, diverse teams. come for the job. stay for the team. management skills vary. tendency for management to take antagonistic approach.
This unit has a great team based atmosphere where I always feel supported and confident to do my job. A typical day on the ward includes, patient assessments, medication administration, interdisciplinary rounds, wound care, patient mobility.
A great company to work for. Unit clerks generally have a high-stress job and therefore the standard unit clerk salary is definitely not adequate, especially for this economy and with the current cost of living.
Everyone at Fraser health was very friendly and helpful. I learned a lot from my team lead and team members by asking lots of questions. This is a very fast paced target driven environment.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that you can work in many different areas, if you realize one area does not suit your goals then you can move to a different area fairly easily.
I worked in tri-cities which is far from my place. they don't cover your mileage and gas expenses. but they have a friendly work environment. they will help you with your questions and concerns.
Pros
good benefits and salary
Cons
casual position
Have been with FHA for over 20 yrs. I work hard, very hard, because I care and I have a conscience. So many coworkers do not. Managers either don't care or can't do anything. As long as things look good on paper everything is okay. Supervisors are blind to the nonsense that goes on there, but of course would readily deny this. Doesn't do any good to confide in managers because they will do nothing, or can't do nothing. Hard workers are not recognized for their efforts, Lazy workers are not recognized for their lack of effort... I am so glad to be nearing retirement. Fraser Health used to be a nice place to work. It is like not very nice now. Goodbye FHA I won't miss you.
The incredibly large number of suspiciously positive reviews demonstrate how desperate the leadership team is to save face. Leadership should spend time trying to revive their moral decay instead of sitting there writing fake reviews.
Needs improvement on patient and staff safety, mentally and physically Delivery of care should be addressing on- going staff shortage on the nursing program, provide opportunities to increase moral on staff
Unfortunately Home Support office is poorly run. You feel like a number. I haven’t spoken to a supervisor in months No feed back - No performance reviews No one to ask questions to and when to get a response from Lack of training from management or RN input Clients un happy with co-workers service and scheduling Scheduling is very inconsistent after working 3 years for home support I do not feel I have consistant job security