Fraser Health Authority Employee Reviews

fun place to wrok
Medical Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 June 2018
thank you fraser health it was an amazing place to work and amazing people and management so happy to be there with you guys and i wish all the very best for everyone in future
Toxic workplace and unsupportive executive
Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey28 June 2018
There is potential in this workplace but honestly the dysfunction is from the top and trickles down. For example, at a the Management business meeting last June, the CEO talks about being proud of balancing the budget and doesn't mention it was balanced because government bailed him out with almost 50 million dollars to ensure it was balanced. A CEO that is that lacking in transparency is exactly what will drive an organization into the ground
Pros
flexibility
Cons
toxic leadership
High paced, stressful environment
Clerk/MOA (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC13 June 2018
Typical day - You would get moved around to different work stations just as you were getting your groove on where you were already sitting.
Management isn't very supportive when it comes to personality conflicts. They don't reinforce policies.
Cons
short staffed, violations of company policies
Food Service Langley
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC5 June 2018
Very unhappy place to work. They yell at you if you use the wrong spoon. You are treated like a child with no respect. The place would be a lot better if the over all vibe was better. No one wants to be yelled at and treated poorly.
Pros
Fraser Health is one of the largest employers
Cons
unpleasant management.
Lot of changes at workplace , productive and fun to work atmosphere
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC29 April 2018
Not much to recruit and retain existing staff . Staff feels undervalued as most of leaders are swaying away from involving front line staff in decision making .
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Lack of job satisfaction, no acknowledgement for high productivity. Lot of changes at workplace
Fraser Health
Clinical Counselor (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC26 April 2018
Great benefits, job security, poor morale and constant change based on political climate which can and cannot be helpful for patients/clients.

Leadership is lacking, however competent staff with expertise provide for a great team environment.

Union is BCGEU and not very strong, it can also provide a place for staff that are incompetent to hide and be protected. On the flip-side many benefits to the union including counselling, treatment for substance use etc.
Fha
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC25 April 2018
Management is threatened by young educated and eager to learn. They use intimidation coercion, and threats to keep you on the leash. Most managers do not even have a degree!
Fraser Health is who you know that will get you promoted. A select few are great!

Overall the place is great but the management sucks!
Pros
Coffee
Cons
Uneducated most managers
Very similar to other Health Authorities
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  White Rock, BC16 April 2018
An average workplace made more amazing by the people that work there. I can't talk about the rest of the health authority, as I only have experience on the Maternity ward, but I find it a highly functioning area, where you feel valued.
Great benefits and salary - poor senior management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC26 March 2018
workplace culture at senior leadership level (director, ED and beyond) does not have open transparent or authentic communication in a consistent manner. this organization is run like a for profit business and is extremely toxic. it is a dog eat dog environment.
clinical care and front line is much better than senior leaders.
Pros
in-housee education
Cons
unrealistic expectations of managers from directors and EDs
Horrible leadership
Leader (Former Employee) –  Langley22 February 2018
This company has a culture of not addressing significant issues with their senior leadership. The CEO has absolutely no presence and is unable to do what a CEO needs to do...which is inspire the organization.
Pros
Stability
Cons
long hours, poor pay, poor leadershp
Great management
PCC SMh emergency (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 February 2018
Everyone was kind. No complaints.
Great benefits. You can excel as a worker and work your way into management which is a good option for family living nearby.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Customer service staff more responsibilities
Excellent Employer
Rehabilitation Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC2 February 2018
I loved working here. The staff is wonderful, and I truly felt like my work made a difference. There are many employment benefits, and FHA treats it’s employees very fairly.
Pros
Benefits, overtime available
Extremely Efficient
Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 February 2018
Fraser Health was a great experience. Working in health care was a new battle but was very rewarding. The workplace is very large but very interesting to see how such a big organization organizes it self.
Business Analyst
4 week vacations
No stress
Lots of organizational politics
Slow pace environment
Leadership is no very transparent
Fun workplace with lots of room for learning
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC17 December 2017
Great Management
Lots of learning
You can work in all departments
Compassion
Team work
Benefits
Free lunches sometimes
Opportunity to advance
Tons of extra free courses to take
Pros
Great workplace
Cons
Not very many casual hours
Provides learning opportunities
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC7 December 2017
The company provides ongoing learning opportunities for staff. Provides enough clinical support. Supplement employees with benefits. Assist employees with finding job in the event of displacement.
Exciting career at CGH RIH
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC7 November 2017
I had a very interesting and exciting career as a nurse at CGH and RIH. The most enjoyable part of my job were my patients and met some very wonderful people over my career.Over the years nursing has become a very demanding career, as patient acuity and staff shortages have increased. As a health professional it became very difficult to tend to our patients, as we were expected to have increased patient loads and ever changing demands on our tme. This is why I took retirement as of July 2017. I miss working, so that is why I have decided to seek other opportunities, outside the hospital setting.
Great healthcare team
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  White Rock, BC6 November 2017
Great workplace with healthcare teams 2nd to none. Provides employees with safe workplace and support. Benefits package excellent.
Job security and options for advancement in career.
Challenging depressing and rewarding
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mission, BC6 October 2017
A typical day goes by fast always busy. I believe we don't have enough staff to provide the care required
Residential care clients becoming more complex and aggressive. The hardest part of the job is trying to provide the quality of care we want to. There are moments that make it all worthwhile
Pros
Supportive management
Cons
Inability to get time off
Productive and intense
Nursing Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  ICU, HAU, Cardiac Unit, Medical14 September 2017
A typical day on the Cardiac ward is intense and busy, that's what I love about it the most.
The Nurses are great to work and I learn something new almost every time I work.

The hardest part of the job is reading the Dr's orders :)
The most enjoyable part of the job is watching a patient go home with a smile on their face, and when family thanks you for helping their loved ones

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fraser Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.