Fraser Health Authority logo
Fraser Health Authority

Fraser Health Authority Employee Reviews

Fast pace.

Some worker are rude and not helpful with the new workers. One Supervisor not friendly and very rude with the food service workers specially new worker.

Good Company to work for

I like working at Fraser Health There is plenty of opportunity for overtime The management on my current unit is very supportive of her staff and assists the staff with booking time off as needed

Pros

Great benefits great staff great management

Cons

Deployment to other units that you are unfamiliar with to meet baseline staffing

Teamwork is good and co-workers become friends even outside the workplace.

I like working with Fraser Health but the job is very stressful in the hospital. Nurses need strong muscles all the time.Managers are approachable.There is room for career advancement.

Pros

There is room for growth.

Cons

Very busy and heavy patient assignment

Support from co_workers

I Loved working with Fraser health.iam a registered care aide and worked as a community health worker for over 10 yrs.the only reason I left was because of management ..it kept changing a few different times while I was there.managrnent kept hiring new people and this process was very stressful for the clients.having different girls/,males come for the scheduled visit, sometimes 4 x a day,4 different people.the quality of care dropped dramatically.i couldn't stress this enough to my supervisor but it didn't make a difference.it was very sad to make my decision to leave.

Pros

Free lunch at Christmas

Cons

Split shifts

Poorly Managed and stressful

Extremely underpaid in staffing. the amount of jnformation required to know amd overall stress of the job makes the wage deplorable. A person is paid the same for pumping gas.

Pros

pension

Cons

employees don’t matter

Women Rule Here and Too Political

Too political and “in” groups! There are definitely some bad apples (people) that should have been let go a long time ago, but no one seems to be doing anything about.

Pros

Discounts at various stores & hotels

Cons

Bad work environment (desks, temperature, etc)

Great workplace.

I work casual and received a lot of hours at first. Not paid for a month due to payroll problems due to mass hiring and Covid. They fixed that be hand delivering a paycheque to me. Had lots of family time in March. Like my work life balance.

Pros

Respect.

Cons

Hard to get onto the website from home

Nice Place to work

Great Opportunity to support Clinical ClientsOpportunity to learn and growGreat workplace culture and fun. FlexiblePassion toward supporting patient care

Peers are great, but management is not

Peers are fun, very supportive and helpful. Management lacks flexibility and places a high degree of pressure to complete a workload that can’t be completed in allotted work hours. Seems that, as an employer, they engage in time theft of their employees. Don’t apply and, if you’re an employee now, run as fast and as far from this employer as possible. Not really sure who, other than management, are rating them as one of the best employers!

Pros

Friendly peers

Cons

Micromanagement, lack of appreciation, poor management culture.

Very bad HR department and Management

Very bad management. They don't care how hard working you are. They flag you if you quit job for any reason they don't care and never rehire you again . They put your name and sin number in not hiring list. And keep saying you just apply online and never hire you again. They have their own rules .

Jobs at Fraser Health Authority

See more jobs

Horribly disorganized

I have worked at several different places (different companies), as well as several sites with Fraser Health. I have never worked for such a bad, disorganized company in my life. Management doesn't listen to its staff, they make decisions based on I don't know what, but generally make the work so much harder. The computer program is a dinosaur and NOT user friendly at all. Many of the people that have been with the company are rude to new hires and not helpful at all. I would highly recommend avoiding this company if you have any choice.

Pros

benifits

Cons

just about everything else other than benefits

I had a very bad experience from the management, not supportive

Work place - goodUn necessary issues creating by the management.Management - should be more experienced and supportive.work place culture - senior staffs are very rude.very stressful for new employeeshardest part - doing jobs when someone is watching behind us.

Pros

Pride

Cons

less knowledgeable management

Critical care experience

Acute care experience invaluable for my clinical experience and client care opportunities. Allowed for personal and professional growth. Very rewarding 25 plus years of nursing experience.

Pros

Critical care experience

Cons

Shift work and family time

Not much to say

Managers don’t acknowledge unit clerks on a day to day routine. Acknowledges nurses etc.. but can’t even say good morning to say the least. Pretty disrespectful especially when Unit Clerks are a main hub. Underpaid and not acknowledged enough for keeping the unit going. Unit clerks should be a separate entity with HEU as well, not umbrellaed under all facilities.

I love working for Fraser Health Authority

I am a scheduler and yes it can be stressful at times however my team is amazing and we work together for the common goal of getting clients seen. Great Benefits and the pay is good.

Pros

Great Coworkers

Cons

sometimes stressful

Steady and stable

Steady and stable work environment. Great benefits package. Work life balance and great colleagues. Strategic changes amongst senior management was the main issue.

Lots of opportunity for advancement

Generally a good experience, wonderful director the supervisors were terribly overworked and stressed but did maintain being professional, Some of the supervisors were difficult to deal with and hard to get time to review things due to being very busy

Pros

Various jobs to apply for

Cons

The health clerks in community are paid less than the hospital clerks that do the same job

flexible

I love home health care aide, but the driving and lack of compassion are not very nice. We love this job, but the Staff in the office make it hard to enjoy the job. At both ends of being in office and out in the field are very hard on everyone.

Pros

Felix able shifts

Cons

long drives, lack on of communication.

We are all in this together. Team effort is positive

Opportunities to provide therapeutic intervention, facilitation, advocacy for clients programs and development of new services in area. Collaboration with other professionals, team support is strong; work load is exponentially increasing; wide variety of employees and clients, multiple issues and challenges to address. Overall,a positive work environment. Excellent colleagues and community resources.Sparse oversight on management staff or job quality assessment, review. Most difficult aspect to job is unintended client death; lack of funding, supports for marginalized populations or individuals; completing work day on time!

Pros

As above.

Cons

As above

Changing

Everything changes daily , your schedule, your routine , your clients, your life. You might sit in your car unpaid on a hot or cold day for an hour or 2 . No real break times . No stability, no part time positions. No on-call positions ,which would help them . Many upset workers and clients.

Pros

Pay-but no guaranteed hours, most are casual workers

Cons

Not enough postitions in the company, many casual workers in limbo for years.

LPN position in various settings.

Good work culture. Some Acute settings can be high paced, as expected in healthcare. An employee just has to find the area of care where they feel the most productive and happy.

Pros

Big employer - various sites, one can try different settings of acuity when they feel comfortable to do so.

Cons

The employer sites are located in western Canada, cost of living in the greater Vancouver is going up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fraser Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement