Fraser Direct Employee Reviews

Sometimes dangerous for the hand joints.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON3 April 2018
Some of the jobs need repetitive movements on the wrists that can injure the joints, beware of your surroundings and try not to hit your head maneuvering the jungle of iron bars. Even though the owners are very nice, yet the supervisors are not; sometimes it is a humiliation to deal with them.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
work is mostly through an agent which cuts too much of the salary.
Nicest group of people, caring culture but busy place
Office Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON26 February 2018
I find it very busy which makes the day fly by but somehow you still have the time to get to know everyone.
Everyone here is very nice and helpful its been a very friendly place to work. Its a family run company and its seems like they really care so its a nice atmosphere. Not that everything is perfect but its been a nice change from other places I have worked. There is no lack of experienced people to turn to when you need assistance and there's a lot of long term employees here which to me is a good thing, it shows the commitment of the company and that people want to be here. I've seen lots of people have the opportunity to change roles and advance so I think there is lots of potential for growth or advancement.
Every month there is something going on, games contests and so on, its nice to feel involved and adds a little fun once and awhile.
Pros
Friendly people, lots of work, advancement potential
Cons
hectic at times
Horrible place
Project Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON26 January 2018
Hated working at this place. The owner is super cheap. There are many people who have been working here for a long time and get almost minimum wage pay. If you know someone you get paid more than a long time employee. They stay due to lack of options with their experience. The owners son is slated to take over and he has zero people skills. The warehouse manager of many years quit due to him. No benefits at all. Nothing at all done to raise employee moral. No BBQ no Christmas party nothing.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Very friendly family operated business.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON21 July 2017
Fraser Direct has been great to work for. I was given a great opportunity shortly after graduating college and have been given the opportunities to advance my career. Salary has been good considering my lack of experience. Sometimes the workload is stressful but that could be said of any office job. My manager has been quite kind and understanding and I hope working at this company continues to be a positive experience.
Pros
Very friendly staff and coworkers. No expectation to work on weekends
Cons
Office is not very close to my home.
Engaging, growing, busy! Good place to work
Office Worker (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON21 July 2017
Company is growing rapidly, which means there are lots of exciting new projects to be a part of and ideas to give. Very inspiring to come in and help make change happen. However, not for the feint of heart - this place is high volume, high intensity. Some days this can be stressful, but it is also very engaging. You are never bored, and there is always something new to work on. Because its 3PL, there are many different clients. The variety is good, but this makes the learning curve longer. For those who are brand new - be patient! Your expertise will come, it will just take longer than 30 days. The people are amazing. My department hustles to get things done, but we also have a lot of laughs. Teamwork is great! Management is down to earth, friendly, and works hard. Inspiring place to be, and great location close to home.
Pros
Great culture, opportunities for improvement, close to home, inspiring team
Cons
High volume and high stakes can add stress, less resources than a massive company
Great people who care alot
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON21 July 2017
The people are great. Everyone cares about the job they doing! Very nice leaders who show you what to do and make you better. Managers know your name and say hello. Very busy, but we have fun and joke around too. The owners have a great sense of humour and pitch in.
Pros
Company events (BBQs, staff sales, dress up days!)
Cons
Very busy, can be stressful
No job security
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON25 February 2017
Fraser Direct is not a company for a long term and career oriented people. Work is very heavy. Colleagues are very helpful and nice .
Pros
No comments
Cons
No job security and heavy work.
Great people, nice facility, owners who care.
Projects & Picking (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON14 October 2016
Just moved to Milton and this company is a nice change from other warehouses I've worked for. The people are nice, and my supervisor cares about me AND the job I do. Hardest part is that the job / customers I serve change each day, but keeps it busy and interesting.
Pros
People, products, comfortable work area
Cons
Process change, recognition takes time
Not a healthy environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON7 June 2016
Not sure how this company got such favorable reviews. I worked there for 6 years and only because the job market in town is slim. Only 1 good manager - the rest practice favoratism (even if you're a bad employee). Hard workers do not get the credit they deserve. The atmosphere is TERRIBLE. I'm a strong person, yet I was defeated and miserable while working here. The owner is a scam. Does not appreciate her employees. The day I left Fraser Direct literally made me feel so much less stressed. I would NOT recommend this place, unless you absolutely need a minimum wage job. Only pro is that I was in decent shape while working there, as quotas were ridiculous and you have to work your butt off.
Pros
A good workout
Cons
Pretty much everything
Productive and Fun Place
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Georgetown Ontario11 May 2015
Working at Fraser Direct is always a great experience. I go to work happy every morning/evening and I leave still happy. The people are wonderful and very friendly.
productive
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  wharehouse8 October 2014
nice place to work however the pay is to low not a lot of room for advancement. This job is more suited to someone who is maybe retired or needs to work only 25 to 30 hrs a week
It's not a great place to work, Everyone go's on stress leave
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, PE5 February 2014
They are running the office like a warehouse. No Eating at your deck, need to scan your hand when starting work, taking a lunch break , going to the washroom and leaving for home.
People work from 7am to 6:30pm Monday to Friday and on the weekend too. There is No work life balance at this company.
Great workplace, alot of great people to cooperate with.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON31 January 2013
starting work at 3pm, working until 12am, i have learned that the more work there is to do, time goes by faster, the hardest part of the job was constantly lifting heavy packages of human hygiene products, luckily the more i had to lift i got used to it more and the job became easier within a few days. The most enjoyable part of the job was the constant fast pace of the lines, it kept me and my crew very busy so time would go by very quick.
Pros
free beverages, long hours, very busy
Cons
tempature was very high in the area of the workplace
Well trained staff
Order picking (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, PE19 June 2012
Start the day at three thirty in the afternoon and finish at twelve in the morning. We put together thousands of kits for a numerous amount of corperations.
Pros
Cons
tired feet

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fraser Direct. Our community is ready to answer.

Fraser Direct Reviews by Location