Franklin Energy Employee Reviews

Work hard and a lot of hours.
Field Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NY28 October 2018
Work hard and a lot of hours. Not always appreciated. Many hiring issues. Good local leadership. Taught me allot about advanced Excel usage. Run like a small company, trying to be a big company.
Confusing and uncomfortable
Energy Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI1 October 2018
This company is a temporary stop, very unprofessional, horrible training routes, lack of organization, waste of company money daily on frivolous lunches, managers drink and drive on the job while making you ride with them.
Pros
Lots of wall staring
Cons
If You Can't Make It Here...
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  O'Hare17 September 2018
That is so true of Franklin, I've learn if you apply yourself and reach out, you will succeed here at Franklin and you will have a blast along the way.

In my time here I've learned not to take myself and those around me so seriously, I try to stay focused on the task at hand, and ask when I'm not sure of something. I've also learn to take advantage of every opportunity to learn a new skills and learn about different aspects of what Franklin is all about.
Another thing I've come to appreciate about working here is; if you're willing to go out you way to improve or empower yourself, Franklin will meet you half-way. They will help you get there.

Thanks
Pros
Strong leadership
Cons
Parking at the downtown office
Good enviormnemt
Direct Installer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC17 September 2018
Working around people who are there to get the job done and can have fun while doing so. Fast paced working with compensation that was reasonable to the amount of work being done.
Disappointing company
Senior Energy Engineer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MI6 September 2018
Very unfair company. Poor management, little guidance about what to do, inaccurate feedback, discrimination between employees, lot of stress. Very bad experience working there.
relaxed atmosphere
Field Technician/ Direct Installer (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NY2 August 2018
sign in, dropp off paperwork, pick up paperwork of new accounts and inventory, load work vans and proceed to job sites. preformm installations complete inventory and paperwork. clean out vans and prepare for next work day.
Pros
managed own time
Cons
only 6 month contracts at a time
Energy Efficiency
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NY30 April 2018
Fun industry of the future. Energy Efficiency is a growing, developing engineering arena with great potential for job security. Franklin Energy has a strong market presence.
Pros
Environmental stewardship
Cons
Constant change often mismanaged by central - growing too quickly
Unreasonable expectations
Energy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WA3 April 2018
Manager pushes too hard for production of quota which does not allow for proper customer experience. New supervisor lacks people skills. Too many hours expected during work week.
Pros
Decent training, company vehicle, good benefits.
Cons
Overtime is required, too many appointments per day.
Awesome people to work.
Strategy Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL21 March 2018
The work place and the culture is pretty good. I worked on building strategy for Energy Efficiency Programs and I have no complains, overall "thumb up!"
Very fulfilling place to work
Install Technician (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MI19 February 2018
Every job has its ups and downs. They make the slow times manageable with a positive work environment. Franklin Energy's work priniciples are very upbuilding and easy to follow.
Pros
Healthy "on your toes" work environment
Cons
Sometimes, suggestions from entry level workers arent heard
Laid back company who are very open to new idea
Energy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MI9 January 2018
Cool company to work for. Laid back lots of freedom. Not afraid to listen to the little guys. Understands that the company is 1 and tries to move as a unit
Pros
Independent work
Cons
To many micro managers
Great time
Energy Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX4 January 2018
I had a great experience working at Franklin Energy. It was enjoyable, easy going and fun meeting different people. I enjoyed the culture, and the management style it offered.
An innovative and progressive group of intelligent group of associates.
Energy Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Madison, WI2 January 2018
The company strives for innovative concepts to embrace employees to fulfill obligations of work for energy companies programs. The restrictions of managing employees can be constraining following contract requirements. The approach for reaching industrial accounts is a little antiquated, verses a more professional contact as would be in the private sector.
Pros
Enthusiastic associates and strives for management engagement.
Cons
Contract limits makes employees feel distant from leadership engagement.
ok
Customer Service Agent/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC31 December 2017
not a very exciting place to work no room for growth management is all over the place no coorperate structure no sick pay not even Non PTO as in cooperate america
Pros
good pay
Cons
no growth protential
Great experience for a first job
Intern (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC7 November 2017
The poor benefits and lack of work culture makes it frustrating at times. Definitely the type of company that waits for a program to fail before throwing any sort of assistance.
nice place to work
Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC4 October 2017
Managers need more people skills and more training which they are focusing on now. Great people, good vibe. not a lot of team building , which is another iniative. they are working on.
Energy Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX20 June 2017
Good place to work but hard on work life balance. Takes some time to move up so you have to be patient or willing to relocate. Other the that the people are great.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Not a good balance of work and home life
productive secured work place envirornment
Direct Installer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC20 March 2017
Working with Franklin Energy was an great experience. I learned that you have to stick together as a team no matter what and communication plays a major role in team work. Management was okay,but i did feel as if it could use some improvement as far as understanding one another. The workplace culture was amazing, I got to meet all different types of people over the country. The hardest part of the job was leaving a customer unsatisfied. The most enjoyable part of the day was seeing a smile on customers faces.
Productive job that required discipline and minimal supervision
Energy Auditor (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MI29 January 2016
A typical day at work consisted of out in the field. I drove onsite to different customers to provide an energy auditor at their facility. Specifically I spoke to the designated contact person and asked probing questions regarding their energy usage and consumption. I would go in and look at their furnace unit and hot water tank and offer various measures to lower cost. These measure included incentives and rebates that their business could potentially qualify for. I would later generate a detailed report with my finds and send it to the customer. On average I would visit 5 to 7 customers per day. The average time for me to complete a walk through in a facility is roughly an hour. Also I would install free products such as low flow aerators, furnace filters and programmable thermostats if there was a direct install opportunity.
Pros
Work at own pace
Cons
On your own to solve problems
I enjoyed my co workers
Direct Installer (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MI11 November 2015
I worked with a great group of people. I learned a lot new skills that I can apply to other aspects of my life. Energy efficiency is much more valuable than I had thought and Franklin Energy helped me to see that.