Frank and Oak

Frank and Oak Employee Reviews

Canada33 reviews
relaxed environment
A typical day at West Edmonton Mall fluctuates from relaxed to fast paced. When there is a steady flow of customers we direct our attention on customer service. For slower days we task throughout the store. such as receiving stock or maintaining the stores organization.
Fun workplace.
Its a fun work place, but pay is too little. If you are a person in school, or has a second job or even a person that is young with no job experience, then this is the place for you.
Environnement de travail décontracté
Selon moi, ce travail est idéal pour développer des connexions avec les clients. On apprends beaucoup à propos des tissus et les effets qu'ils ont sur l'environnement.
If i could rate 0 for management I definitely would. In-Store Management as well as Head-Office Management are both lacking on every aspect of the job
They have no principles and treat staff like they’re numbers and not people.
I’ve had the worse experience with my own boss and my DM knew everything about it and never acted on the multiple situations I had.

If you want my honest opinion, stay away from this company as much as you can. They act like it’s this chill brand and whatnot but in reality they’re worse than corporate companies, because at least the corporates don’t hide their real intentions.
Pros
Good Pay if you know how to negotiate, Really cool team (except for management), Nice Discounts
Cons
Management, No support, Don’t have access to HR department
awful managment
the worst management by far. the kind of people to ask you "what's taking so long" instead of offering a hand or asking if you need help. extremely slow-paced and they push a very aggressive sales type. to the point where you will probably annoy your self asking the customers if they need anything. attitudes are completely fake. toxic work environment.
Warehouse sale contract
Did not pay any of the contracted workers until two weeks after the month-long contract was completed. Never worked for such a disrespectful company -- and they tote sustainability!!
Pros
Hours were rarely cut
Cons
Not paid in a reasonable time
Je ne conseille pas
Ils ont de la difficulté avec les paie, je n’est toujours pas été payé. La gestion est épouvantable, tout les gestionnaires sont amis alors si il y a un problème impossible d’en parlé a une personne de confiance. Difficile à rentrer dans la click déjà former souvent encore une fois tous des super amis travaillant ensemble et rabaisse ensemble. Vente sous pressions. Ils ne laissent pas le temps de s’adapter. L’ambiance et très stressante. Il y a aucune communication. Beaucoup d’hypocrisie.
Seulement « conçu » au Canada tout est fait en Chine.
Pros
Assurance
Cons
Mauvaise gestion
Expérience très enrichissante
L'équipe avec laquelle j'ai travaillé était très agréable et la manager était là pour nous. Elle m'a beaucoup appris durant cette expérience.
Horrible management at all levels
The job itself is like any other retail. For everyone in the store, customers are the priority, not many operations happening. Store management was a joke at my location. Very far from working ethics, just trying to impress head office, lie, and cheat. Attitude and image are far from being professional, and everyone's private life is out there.

Head office is another story. There is no unity. Many of them are arrogant and just dictate what they think is right. They present themselves to be an eco-friendly brand, but they waste a lot, and all they care is to sell, sell, sell.
Amazing atmosphere
Very friendly and unique approach with the clients.
Very special skills to understand people needs (as style advisors).

Really important to make the clients smile and laugh and enjoy their experiences at the store.
Don't work here.
Seriously. Don't. I have never felt so disrespected and lied to by a team before. People say one thing to your face but another thing behind your back. Very cliquey, lots of miscommunication, and an overall toxic environment.
Pros
Maybe the clothes. Maybe.
Cons
Everything. Especially the management.
Terrible workplace
DO NOT work here one of the most toxic workplaces ever, head manager is so rude and talks down on you, barely treating you like a human, they’re all fake and will lie to anyone for a sale. The managers also blame and get mad at you for not making sales when in reality its not the workers fault its just a failing business. They will give you barely get any hours JUST so you can quit and they wont have to fire you and give you severance ((Dont even get me started on the regional manager shes a nightmare)). Overall the team is great, everyone is so nice but most not all managers are TRASH. All the bad reviews on the vaughan location, I 100% agree. I’m so glad I left, worst job ever
Pros
50% off discount
Cons
managers, pressure to sell, unorganized, horrible environment, scheduling, hours, dont listen to availability
great experience
I started Frank and Oak for Coop credits and I couldn't be happier that I chose this company. They made me feel like a part of their family. There wasn't a day where I felt lost or alone. They made this experience one to remember.
Its ironic how GARBAGE this company is too work for while they try to be sustainable.
A typical day at work (if you ever got a shift) would consist of you clocking in, and then you would be given a task such as "try to sell" or "you'll be working stock". Not even 20 minutes into your shift and someone is already complaining that you're either "working too slow" or "not selling enough" meanwhile the only thing that came through the door since you started was tumbleweed. Halfway into your shift you would be reminded that you need to work faster and finish a certain task in an impossible amount of time; or you're not selling enough, meanwhile management is standing and gazing deep into the abyss. Towards the end of your shift you seriously cant wait to just get the flip out of there..... BUT WAIT, if you got a closing shift you are literally stuck there until the team lead or manager is finished or decides to let you go (because the schedule is clearly irrelevant and doesn't mean squat when it comes to their poor work habits)

What I learned at Frank and Oak is that they hire a boat load of people meanwhile there are no hours to be given out, there is literally no opportunity to grow within the company and they create this false image of how they have a relaxed work environment meanwhile you're constantly pressured to sell and add-on. Its understandable that the company needs to make money in order to survive, and selling should be expected but not at the rate they hope to see with INSANE goals.

When it comes to management/key holders all that really needs to be said is they get rid of the good ones, and keep the terrible ones. The good ones are those who actually
 - more...
Pros
The discount isn't worth the abuse you go through
Cons
No hours, Pressure to sell, poor communication between management/team leads
They don’t care about employees
Working at F + O is like going back in time to high school. It’s cliquey, immature and one of the worst jobs I’ve ever had. There is no real way to communicate with management as they would rather listen to gossip than deal with actual facts. The turnover rate for both stores and head office is huge. They do not care about an employee as an individual and have unrealistic expectations. I didn’t expect to go to a job where I would literally be bullied, but that’s F+O for you
Pros
Discount
bad bad BAD management
I have been working at FAO for quite a while now. It is a fun place to work since the employees are pretty cool most of the time. The managers in the headquarters and the HR are difficult to work with. There is a lack of communication and organization and it shows daily.
Pros
cool team, store credits for clothing items, 50% and 25% off the clothing
Cons
miscommunication, unorganized, management (or lacke thereof)
Very disorganized and boring
This was one of the worst retail jobs I have ever had. Dreaded every shift because some managers had such high expectations when it came to selling. Although some managers were very nice and genuinely wanted us to succeed, the store was very unorganized in terms of the hierarchical structure and communication was never clear. There were never enough hours given, and the shifts would go by dreadfully slowly. Scheduling was always a mess and the environment was very clique-y. Overall a bad experience.
Pros
50% discount and monthly store credit
Cons
Short hours, bad management, boring shifts, intense pressure of selling
Terrible company to work for
They don’t believe in equality, human rights and fairness. They hire gay, genderless etc people which is totally fine but they abuse their status and it turns into mean girls when they all work together. They bully those that aren’t in their culture. A lot of fake people work for Frank and Oak, always snitching on each other and never happy for anyone’s success. Store managers are great though no doubt. Just the rest of the people have insecurity issues they need to fix.
Pros
I had an amazing manager, employee discount and monthly clothing allowance
Cons
Human Resources and Regional manger need to treat their employees equally without showing favorism
Love my job
great team great discount clothing is very nice and update good pay management is really nice and helpful if you have any concerns, good with vacations
Awful upper management, treats their employees poorly
Working for frank and oak was the worst retail experience i have ever had, upper management treats you badly, if you’re having problems with your store, they completely ignore you, they talk to you as if you’re stupid and aren’t capable of being a good salesperson, salary sucks, no advantages, no insurance, no guaranteed hours, the only good thing about the job is the 50% discount and the store credit they give you every month, but still for that i wouldn’t ever recommend working here, shopping? yes. working? no.
the only thing that makes me still want to shop at frank and oak is that they care about the environment but even there i wouldn’t give my money to a company who treats their employees poorly
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Horibble upper management
PIRE expérience de travail, À VIE.
Frank and Oak est une entreprise locale qui est vraiment axée sur le service à la clientèle en 4 moments typique, chaleureux et friendly, qui doit faire que le client se sente rapidement à l'aise et chez lui. Frank and Oak est aussi une entreprise locale qui n'hésite pas à traiter son personnel comme de la marde. En plus de devoir se battre pour obtenir une maigre augmentation de salaire, (alors que le salaire est déjà très peu élevé.) ce qui fait le plus mal c'est qu'après avoir travaillé près d'un an chez eux, le Head Office m'accuse de voler des heures car j'ai oublié de me dépuncher, un soir en partant. Et les semaines suivantes, je me retrouve avec 3 heures au lieu de mes 30 habituelles. On me demande également de mettre de la pression sur un jeune employé de 15 afin de le pousser à démissionner (ce que j'ai refusé de faire), mais la semaine suivante on sort une politique contre le harcèlement physique et psychologique au travail... Il y a, selon moi, un travail de cohérence à faire entre l'image qu'on veut représenter et celle qu'on est réellement de l'intérieur.
C'est dommage, car j'étais un grand fan de la compagnie et des valeurs que je voyais de l'extérieur avant d'y travailler. Plus maintenant.