Frank and Oak Employee Reviews

PIRE expérience de travail, À VIE.
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Sainte-Foy, QC31 January 2019
Frank and Oak est une entreprise locale qui est vraiment axée sur le service à la clientèle en 4 moments typique, chaleureux et friendly, qui doit faire que le client se sente rapidement à l'aise et chez lui. Frank and Oak est aussi une entreprise locale qui n'hésite pas à traiter son personnel comme de la marde. En plus de devoir se battre pour obtenir une maigre augmentation de salaire, (alors que le salaire est déjà très peu élevé.) ce qui fait le plus mal c'est qu'après avoir travaillé près d'un an chez eux, le Head Office m'accuse de voler des heures car j'ai oublié de me dépuncher, un soir en partant. Et les semaines suivantes, je me retrouve avec 3 heures au lieu de mes 30 habituelles. On me demande également de mettre de la pression sur un jeune employé de 15 afin de le pousser à démissionner (ce que j'ai refusé de faire), mais la semaine suivante on sort une politique contre le harcèlement physique et psychologique au travail... Il y a, selon moi, un travail de cohérence à faire entre l'image qu'on veut représenter et celle qu'on est réellement de l'intérieur.
C'est dommage, car j'étais un grand fan de la compagnie et des valeurs que je voyais de l'extérieur avant d'y travailler. Plus maintenant.
Don’t recommend in its current state
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2019
A well intentioned company.
However upper management is horrific.
The regional for Toronto is extremely rude, negative, and aggressive. She is the sole reason turnover is quite high among management. Thankfully, the directors and other head office employees are really pleasant and make you want to succeed.

Being a young company, bad decisions have been made and it wouldn’t be surprising to see the company go broke due to reckless spending. However, if better decisions are made it could be an incredibly huge company in the near future.

Fix your regional management.
Slow down your expansion and take care of the stores you have already.
Spend less money on ridiculous visual merchandising and focus on product, people, and organization!

If this happens Frank & Oak will be a great place to work as it used to be.
Pros
Great pay (if negotiated), Stylish clothing, Good company morale
Cons
Terrible upper management, unorganized company, work life balance
Environnement de travail agréable
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC8 January 2019
Une très belle compagnie qui prône de superbes valeurs.
Pros
Belle ambiance
Cons
Salaire bas
Wonderful Company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC17 November 2018
As a manager you’re challenged and expected to run your business in a very entrepreneurial way. This is both engaging and rewarding if you put the effort in to truly own your business.
Pros
Most “human” company I’ve ever worked for, Upper management is genuine and truly cares about the employees, Discount is awesome for quality and ethical products, Clothing credits for everyone, Excellent support if you’re transparent and ask when you need it, Great work life balance, competitive pay, bonus structure is decent
Cons
Can get very hectic, hard to plan as there are lots of last minute changes, but if you like a challenge it is manageable with an entrepreneurs spirit!
Awful company to work for
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 November 2018
This used to be a great company maybe 2-3 years back when the customer was key and the company had a culture and integrity.

Now it’s just another badly managed retail company with awful higher management with no skills and the made in China product to go with it.
Pros
Some good people still around
Cons
Badly managed, cheap product and no great prospects for the future
Horrible company to work for.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC9 November 2018
They treat there employees Awfaul I was a assistant manager and was treated worse then I have ever meet in any previous work environment. Company doesn’t care and lots of turn over.
Good place but..
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 February 2018
It was a great place to work, you learn about the selling and connect with people.
The staff are there to help you if there's anything
The pay is not that good, since they dont make a lot of money, the salry is minimum UNLESS you try to negociate when you get hired
They put pressure on you to sell
They dont give enough hours
They give 40$ store credit for FREE every month
Great discount for the employee
fun exciting welcoming work place
Style advisor (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 January 2018
working with this company is so much fun the energy is always positive and the team is more then welcoming an understanding the ethics behind the company is amazing and I've learned more then i needed to to help me grow in the career i choose to be in
Environnement de travail agréable et dynamique
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 July 2017
Lieu de travail motivant et agréable , une équipe enthousiaste et dévouée
confusion all around
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 November 2016
This was the most confusing job I have ever had. There was no communication from the team regarding the position I was hired for but instead just a bunch of work handed down to me from all different departments that no one wanted to handle.

Had to be forced to quit.
Pros
mile end location
Cons
no idea what was going on
great place to work at
Designer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 November 2016
I didn't have a great experience but I can objectively say that it was only because of restructuration. I like the culture & the staff , low turn over
Pros
free monday breakfast, dynamique, fair salary, great benefices
Cons
The company is still new and growing
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 June 2016
A typical day would be to great customers and maybe make a a couple of sales. I did not learn anything from this job and management team as far as i know has had a lot of turn over. The majority of the co workers i started off with left the company.
A very dynamic work environment with great co-workers
Style advisor (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS25 April 2016
I learnt a lot at Frank & Oak, My manager taught me so many thing about sales and how to communicate with customers. I really enjoyed this job and i wish i was still working there.