Francesca's Employee Reviews

Typical Retail job
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FL6 September 2019
It was like a typical job working at any store. I started out opening the store, making sure all the items are presented appealing to the customers. Also got our goal set up for the day so we knew what we had to make.
Great place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Somerville, MA5 September 2019
This store is definitely for people who LOVE girly things. I wasn’t one of them so it was the perfect fit for me. I did like my management team at the time. They were all very understanding. My co workers were all high school or college students. The only thing is there’s always gossip going around.
Cons
Discount wasn’t good for how expensive their clothes were!
Fun + chance to move up
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZ5 September 2019
I had a great experience! LOVED my manager and team! They are strict about how you address guests, but it’s easy to catch on and becomes second nature. There’s also many opportunities to advance if you are doing a good job and you tell your manager you’re interested.
Company is okay
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 3360931 August 2019
The franchise is okay, difficult to upscale when you arent rewarded for it. Manager was rude and lots of drama working with only females. No males were allowed to work there. Unfair
Francesca’s Sevierville TN
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TN31 August 2019
The job was amazing. The staff there was like a second family and still is. They care about the employees and the business. It was a pleasure working here. The company was also amazing as a whole with a lot of strong, talented, and successful women.
Great job for a student
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Kendall, FL25 August 2019
I loved working at francesca's and being able to communicate with different people everyday! I also enjoyed working in a team environment and being able to bring my own ideas to the table. Flexible hours.
A place where you cant be yourself
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Francescas18 August 2019
Unfortunately Francesca's wants everyone to follow the same selling "script" . It comes off very robotic and unnatural, as well as being very aggressive. Francesca's wants everyone to follow the OFP (Official Fran Promise) and recite it verbatim . It actually makes you feel like your in a cult at times. They do not want you to have ideas or step outside of the box. As soon as you do your chastised and reminded that you agreed to this when coming to work for them. As the company is experiencing a huge drop in sales they are getting even more aggressive. They actually are directing us to go into the fitting room with our guest which isnt sitting well with the guest or the store teams. All in all I would say if you like to increase your business with new energy and ideas then Francesca's is definitely not the place to go!
Pros
Cute environment
Cons
Cult feeling, bad pay, no originality!
Don’t work here.
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV15 August 2019
Management is absolutely terrible-especially district managers. They do nothing to make the work environment enjoyable. They add a lot of unneeded stress to employees. The manager was a bully to all of the associates and leads and lots of drama and gossip. I do not recommend working here unless you know for a fact that the manager isn’t all drama. Extremely toxic work environment
Fun place to work, hard to advance
Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC14 August 2019
the business strives on selling, if you don't have the "promise" down then you cannot advance or move up. Operations are put second to selling ability. If you can sell then you will do well
Meh
Boutique Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Minot, ND7 August 2019
Good discount but still expensive product. HORRIBLE work-home life balance. Not paid enough for the amount of work expected. The 'Francesca's promise' they try to instill in their teams is nothing less than being a pushy sales person. They don't cater to larger sized women- a district manger has specifically said that "larger sizes are just not what our brand is about." It was all-in-all a mediocre postision.
Basically left because theres no chance for advancement
Visual/Sales Lead Key holder (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL7 August 2019
No chance for advancement they want you to basically harass the customers so they could buy the overpriced products ( Same stuff sold at marshalls 70% cheaper) this place is a joke
Great place to work!! Fun, fast paced and made long lasting friendships.
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Danville, CA1 August 2019
So enjoyed my time working at Francesca’s. Lots of energy.
Stylish, savvy and great customers.
Wish they would have helped more to secure another position when my husband was transferred!
I was left out in the cold.
Pros
Great discount.
Cons
Questionable honesty by management.
Francescas a place of learning
Lead at packing area (Current Employee) –  Clay rd houston tx1 August 2019
Working at francescas has been a wonderfull sperience I learn to work with FedEx i learn that iam campable of learning new programs And to work under stress
Stay far away from Francesca’s...
Leader (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC1 August 2019
Where do I start? First off, prepare yourself to be extremely MICROMANAGED! Not so much by your Boutique Managers but more by the District & Regional Managers. They treat EVERYONE as if they are irrelevant & favoritism is at an all time high. They walk into your store and immediately start looking around for something to criticize (as if a light bulb not pointed in the right direction is the reason your store traffic is down)! They are very discriminating. If you don’t fit into the “cute and bubbly” box, they frown upon you.
Customer service is UNREALISTIC! I would love to see the District & Regional managers perform The Promise Guest experience to every customer the way they force the unrealistic expectation upon their store staffs. People can’t even try on clothes in peace! Your supposed to be grabbing them accessories, shoes, other clothing, complimenting, & knocking on her curtain all while juggling other customers and your usually ALONE! I used to love my job but now it is a nightmare to go. They frown upon u for having low numbers but encourage people to RETURN ANYTHING! When you think you’re having a good day, ha ha I’m walks an online return to mess up all your PROMISING hard work. People buy 2 of everything online and return it to your store which negatively impacts your daily sales. Most companies don’t allow online returns or returns from other locations to affect you but NOT AT FRANCESCAS. Be prepared to be held accountable for ALL RETURNS!!! Stay away from this company.

This company is a joke! Lack of diversity at its finest. This company will not survive
  more... with this work ethic.  less
Overworked/Underpaid
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, PA31 July 2019
Never received a raise after a year and a half. expected to do everything in store from intense customer experience (following around atore and styling them personally) to merchandising and shipments every day. Too much for such little pay.
Francesca's
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FL28 July 2019
Francesca's was a small boutique which made the working environment better. I worked with helpful staff members. Was able to do some visual display for them. We had flexible scheduling too.
Awful company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO28 July 2019
Low pay, no respect for their employees. Higher management calling people under them autistic. Lay off employees with no consideration for their will being or communication. I'm honestly sad to say that I worked for this company.
Do not work here
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX27 July 2019
If you like to be micromanaged to the point where you’re your being controlled even on the conversations you have then you’dlike this job. You are not getting paid enough for what they asked for you they are extremely strict rules on the way you talk the way you dress on the way you do anything there is no personal freedom at this job. The Way they run things is super corporate and unorganized the people that they would hire were extremely rude my manager would call me stupid and useless and she was centuries older than me I was a teenager at the time had an awful experience here would not recommend
Fun at first, just isn’t for me
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Oregon27 July 2019
I started working at Francesca’s at the end of 2018. It was a great new change of scenery as prior to this I worked in fast food. The first few months I definitely got out of my comfort zone because it’s pushy! You have to be up in every “guests” face and continuously ask about their day, what their shopping for, what you can help with, etc. Yes it’s different customer service but I wasn’t used to it. My manager was patient with me and very friendly! However, the company began to change recently and their already STRICT mission began to be even stricter. Yes we had to exchange names, know everyone’s shopping occasion and slip on jewelry or more clothing items into their fitting rooms based on what they had already picked out, but they wanted us to knock and lift their fitting room curtain and stuff like that. Not to mention my managers left and the people there were the reason I wanted to stay; they made it worth it. Also there went my connections to advance to a sales lead. For a stylist, you get paid minimum wage and no commission or bonuses. Very flexible!! But hard to get shift covered or swapped because there’s only like one or two other stylists since the boutique is so small and you just end up losing hours. Some weeks up get 8 hours, others I get 3 or none. Shifts tend to be 5-8:15 weekdays or 1-8 on Saturdays, 1-6:15 Sunday’s. I think experience here depends on what you’re looking for and the amount of hours you strive to have.
Pros
Flexible, employee discount (30%) but a few times a year there’s a 50% off
Cons
Pushy, seems as if you’re on commission but you’re not, management, unpredictable hours
Don't do it
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MD26 July 2019
Where do I begin. First of all, the promise DOES NOT WORK. I have had customers tell me that they don't like when people bother them while shopping, which if you follow the promise, you will be doing. The promise is an extremely uncomfortable sales model especially if you struggle with social anxiety, especially because you are forced to "add-on" in the fitting rooms. Most of the time the customers don't even try the outfits you give them. If they wanted my help they would ask, and I have no problem giving them assistance.

Hours are bad. You either get too many or not enough, as the turnover rate is awful. I worked at my location for 6 months and I had been the employee with that store the longest. The scheduling is very inconsistent and schedules are often made only a day or two in advance. If you need to call out/switch shifts, good luck finding any coverage.

Upper management/ CEO's do anything to save a buck, including making you close the store alone, which if you work in a mall, can feel unsafe. I also have no idea how they complete their hiring process, because it amazes me how certain coworkers I have had were hired in the first place. There is also definite favoritism when hiring.

Pay could also be way better, as if you have terrible management you end up taking on their responsibilities anyway.

There is typically not much to do in store, making shifts go by very slowly.

If any of this didn't turn you away, three people at my location resigned within a week of each other.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Francesca's. Our community is ready to answer.