Frac Shack International Inc. Employee Reviews

Worst Job And Worst Management
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Acheson, AB11 October 2018
Probably the worst place to work for, they promise you things you'll never see.. like promotion and pay raise! For a million dollar company they're cheap on pay and tools.. they treat you with no respect and basically you're lucky to work there..
oh and if you like to work with immature people, its your place to be! Oh and safety well its not there either, the shop is cluttered and if you ask for something you won't see it until someone gets hurt..
Lots of favouritism, and poor pay! You get in trouble if don't put OT, same things every day nothing will chance until the management gets changed.. 5 interviews and no show, tells you something about a company!

3 strike rule isn't a thing here

One big company, 2 sides to it, fleet and shop! If you work in the shop you dare not to help fleet in unsafe work area because were not the same company..
Pros
All you can have smoke breaks
Cons
Low pay for the work you do and management is just terrible
Good job, good company, work a lot
Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 July 2018
Frac Shack is a good company overall. This job requires you to be away from home a lot, and they are very open about the fact that you will work and be away from home a lot. Luckily you’re paid hourly — so the more you work the more you make.
Very safe work environment for the oilfield. Good crew of field operators. Not overly physical work for the most part but you do have to be physically capable to work hard for 6 hours straight somedays. If you’re a fairly smart person you’ll do well. Common sense is the biggest quality a person needs to do this job.
Pros
Overtime pay, benefits, per diem for food if in hotels, camp work, company provided truck and fuel card, they cover the costs for all training and PPE
Cons
no schedule, poor communication from chain of command
Good company to work for
Operato (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 March 2018
I have worked here for 4 years and although they have challenges i see improvents to make things better all the time. People are the number one priority and i feel they actual do care not and not just giving lip service. The money is good the schedule is getting better and the conditions are typical oil field conditions.
All in all a very good company and would recommend it to anyone that can handle the oilfield life style.
Pros
Caring company and great money
Cons
Away from home a lot
not a good place to work
shack operator (Former Employee) –  edmonton alberta21 August 2013
management treats you not very good and the equipment is not up to code. no bonuses or insentives for the imployees at all. there mind set is that you are lucky to work for them and that is not the case. would not work for this company!!!!
I enjoyed the travel and staying at camp/hotels and not to lie...the pay
Frac Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 May 2013
I worked for Frac Shack International from Nov 2012 to April 2013 and was laid off due to lack of work for the company. I am qualified for this job with my certificates that THEY helped me to obtain. I enjoyed working out in western Canada and I enjoyed learning something new when the opportunity arose. I didn't consider any part of the job as being hard. I enjoy physical work when required to do so and being out in the cold weather of northern Alberta and B.C. was one of the things I liked the most along with the job.
Pros
long hours and great pay
Cons
no cons!