Fowler Construction
Happiness score is 59 out of 100

Fowler Construction Employee Reviews

Canada45 reviews

longhourcompanydayplaceworkinggreatgood

A great place to live, work and play!

Featured review

Fowler Construction selected this as a representative review
A great company to work for!Wonderful coworkers who are supportive and fun!The days are full, challenging and rewarding.Company believes in community involvement and support.Involved in many local events including: Fire and Ice, Band on the Run to name a couple.Employee engagement and family events are also important.

Good company culture and employee perks

As a newer employee to Fowler, it is nice to work for a company in this industry that cares. The work can be challenging, and hours can be long but there are many great benefits to working here.

Insights into Fowler Construction

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment

Fast paced but good working environment.

Good working environment: much better than where I came from. Really like the fact that it is a Canadian, family-owned company. Will be able to comment more once winter is over .

Productive and fun place to work and a great management team

Great place to work and an A+ to the management team out of north bay, can't wait to see what the winter brings and the team of plow drivers, trucks are brand new and look amazing

It's about who you know, not about how well you can perform your job

Fowler will treat you as a number and not as a relevant employee. They keep and hire people based on who they know, not what they know nor how well they can perform there job/tasks. Watch your back there, everyone is a snake at fowler

Stressful Work environment Very Fast Paced

Lots of hours and a decent pay, If your new the other employees aren't very nice to you and treat you like a dog, Lots of rude people and a harsh environment, If you can't take criticism I wouldn't bother joining, after a month or so they start to come around, Just do your job right and you'll be fine

Fast-paced environment with good management

A great place to work. It can be really fast paced at times, but the rewards for working for a growing company that still treats you as an extended family member is really hard to find nowadays. Fantastic work events! Work Hard, Play Hard!

Pros

Company Events

Cons

Long Hours sometimes

Amazing place to work

I have worked for a lot of companies in the past but this is hands down the best.*Rewarding*Challenging*Supportive*Friendly*Understanding*Work/Life Balance*Competitive Pay*Generous Benefits

Local company

Long standing community partner who kept hundreds of employees working during COVID. Fair pay for work. Field teams are like family and look out for each other.

Pros

Great benefit package

Cons

Communication

the supervisor and must co-workers shared some great lunch times and talks

the management in Barrie AMC is very poorly run and has no organization and no unbiased management . they also have no on the job training to speak of .most co-workers i found were helpful greatest part of the job was teaching myself to plow !

Pros

most co-workers enjoyable the learning experience

Cons

bad management poorly run

Excellent Company To Work For

FCCL is a place you can call home; many employees have been here a long time which allows deep integration into the business and the ability to create pathways to success for others. FCCL listens to and considers new ideas & continually encourages growth, both personally and professionally. The culture is conducive to creating friends & mentors with lots of opportunities. I truly enjoy working here and appreciate the knowledge I have gained through my role, the friends I have made, and that the company has made me feel both welcomed and appreciated.

Pros

Friendly, supportive, team environment

Amazing Opportunities for Career Growth

Great people and an overall excellent place to work! Fowler is a growing company with many opportunities for career growth. I feel very appreciated for my work and look forward to each day! The people that work here are the best!

Good job no work life balance

Great when u drive for snow storm in plow but if no snow you have to wash trucks and do labour ie fix signs and pot holes but you might be the only one doing labour

Pros

Payed lumch

Cons

Call in hours no good for family person

You are a disposable grunt to be seen and not heard.

You are a disposable grunt to be seen and not heard. Foremans and supervisors wont train properly on job sites instead throw attitude and make you feel small. Safety is a bit of a joke and working up the ranks is next to impossible.

Pros

Somewhat reliable hours

Cons

Poor training and management

Progressive and Innovative company, with a a commitment to "Best in Class"

As a relatively new manager with Folwer, I am encouraged by the show of professionalism and commitment to the work I see in my new colleagues. There is a consistent drive to be industry leaders, whether in construction, materials, or highway maintenance. Although my position can sometimes be challenging and reactionary there is always support both above and below to achieve a successful outcome. I truly enjoy the interactions/collaborations I have with my team and the broader group overall. I look forward to a successful career at Fowler.

Pros

The ability to explore new and innovative approaches to your work

Operation

Worst company ever so disorganized and they lie to your face. Never trust what they say and they don’t value experience or dedication at all. Supervisor is full of lies and they play favourite all the time.Really aren’t a good run business or family run feeling leaves chills. If you hope move up or show you want help grow with business then your overlooked and ignored. Need watch your pay hours missing a lot. Don’t work overtime or do on call your ripped off. Run far away from there huge huge turn over. Every day people quit that says everything

Pros

A pay chq

Cons

Everything it’s degrading

Great company!!

Fowler is a growing company and an essential service. They are willing to invest in reliable and hard working people. For me as a labourer it has been an absolute pleasure this summer meeting everyone! co-workers/HR/community/president. It’s been a very rewarding experience in the heart of Muskoka challenging myself to work long hours and learning new skills and how important construction and Hwy maintenance is.

Safe and pleasant work environment

Fowler is like a big family - everyone works together very well. If there is ever a misunderstanding, team members handle these instances very professionally. The orientation is very thorough, with an adequate amount of required training to prepare employees for their roles. From the moment I started, management seems very flexible and compassionate about real life situations. As long as you work hard, are reliable, and ask questions, you will do very well here! Commitment to your role, acting in a respectful manner, and prioritizing safety of the team are three very important things to remember at Fowler.

It’s an ok workplace

Management is the shop sucks, and you will always be beating around the bush with no strait answer. Everyone that you work with will throw you under the bus for anything that takes place. If your ok with never being right and love being pestered then this is the job for you.

Pros

Cons

The whole job sucks

Healthy work environment and tons of opportubities to improve yourself

The dynamics of the work never bores me. Every day there are new challenges that demand a specific course of action associated with different critical thinking strategies, developing my character and confidence as a professional.The management team is composed of kind people that treat you as a human being, not as a tool nor as a mere number. The workplace is healthy and friendly, plus the people I work with are very welcoming and prone to help their teammates and new hires. Communication, cooperation, and partnership are present in the daily routine of the company.Work in construction can be stressful because tough obstacles may arise on the way, but I believe that those obstacles are not only forging a stronger me but are also improving the team`s performance as a whole. Additionally, when you see the results of your job materialized outside the drawings and how it has a positive impact on the society you live in, there is no better reward. At Fowler, I found a special team that I`m truly proud to work with and to be part of!

A good, community minded company to work for.

Opportunity to work long hours (they ask not order).Equipment was maintained in a good working order, time permitted to inspect prior to work for the day.From top to bottom professionalism is my experience, great teamwork approach to getting job completed.Very good response to Covid, Safety is priority number 1 with respect to any job site risks. Great benefit package includes health, clothing, and pension planI have to say that I feel that this company cares about the welfare of my family and I.

Pros

Solid Company with good values and room to progress.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fowler Construction. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement