FOURQUEST ENERGY Employee Reviews

Long hours, fun people to work with, not too solid of a structure.
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 November 2018
The hours spent working fluctuate anywhere from 8 to 14 a day. As a Technical Sales Engineer, there is a lot of travel involved, however you are able to acquire some large clients fairly easily internally. Support is available to take on sales calls although operations sometimes is lacking.
not a bad pace to work
Driver/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 November 2018
good ..great people. would go to work there again...they just dont have very much wok..its too bad cause they have a good bunch of smart people there working
Don’t waste your time.
HSE Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 August 2018
This is an engineering firm with engineers in every position they can get one into which equals really poor management. They are exceptionally tight fisted, have to pay for all those engineers, and you will not get what you are worth. They are more interested in workers wearing safety glassess than identifing the potential hazards workers are exposed to. Management support is non existent and there is no administrative support. This is a field coordinator position at best as they do not have the processes in place to effectively manage health and safety. They track TRIF and thats it. No leading indicators whatsoever. This company is happy the way it is and does not want to make a change. Only a serious injury, fatality or major property damage will induce change. If you want to be a safety cop this is the place for you.
Good company in a temporary base
Project&Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 June 2018
Lot of challenges, opportunities to meet with a lot of people and increase your networking, work on temporary base in several sites and customers, several services to be involve such as Nitrogen Blows, chemical cleaning, steam blows and others
Pros
Challenges, Exposition to several services, networking
Cons
Short Services, Lack of Engineering Experience, Equipment
Hard time communicate with the persons in charge.
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 May 2018
When I first arrived the shop was disgusting. No management control.
No health benefits offered. The rest was ok.
Work was ok. Room accommondations were also ok. Pay was good.
A company struggling for cash and with green staff
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 June 2015
FourQuest is a good company to start however is common that employees have to buy materials and pay travel expenses in front. The reimbursement can take between 30 or more days.
Their Engineering department is very young with an average of months to less than two years experience including the management.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Pay travel expenses and materials from your money, green management
A great place to start your career.
Field Operator/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 January 2014
-There is no typical day at Fourquest. Various locations, various jobs and always a different crew.
-I have learned about plant piping systems and how to clean them(steam, chemical, air, milling). Also how to read piping drawings and locate locate certain parts in plants. I learned that I would like to be a power engineer from working with so many of them at different locations.
-co-workers come and go. I try to learn what I can from them and to share my knowledge with them.
-Hardest part of the job is not having a schedule. Even on days off, I am not really off, as I can be called in. Looking for a scheduled days on/off job.
-most enjoyable part of my job is when commissioning and new plant and being there when the first drop of oil is produced!!
Pros
Always lots to learn in all the different departments.
Cons
No set schedule.
Great People
Bookkeeper/General Accountant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton27 June 2013
I love Payroll and this is what I did here. It was all payroll and benefits admin. My co workers were absolutely top shelf.
I loved working with the people there and that was the best part of my day.
I learned a lot about people and what makes them tick. I also learned that there are far more pros then cons to pulling for the underdog.