Four Seasons Employee Reviews in Whistler, BC

Found 16 reviews matching the search See all 1,502 reviews
hotel
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC20 February 2018
great place to work i like working there fun place to work really liked working there its enjoyable working there i would work there again. its my favourite place to work
Terrible Management
Lobby Concierge (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC9 February 2018
What should be one of the best jobs in town is totally undermined by terrible management and greedy owners. I don't think I could ever work for this property again.
Fun workplace
staff appreciation days
uniform provided and washed
fun work place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC20 November 2017
Good benefits, good staff, good work environment. Everyone is accommodating and makes you feel just at home. Loved seeing friends and making a strong friend groups.
Poor environment
Executive Assistant to the General Manager (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC30 March 2017
I was fortunate to work for the Four Seasons in Whistler, British Columbia. The property is wonderful, the village is incredible, but the job itself is taxing. Overworked, and under appreciated. I would love to work for the company again, but the location was the main issue. The property loses money annually and can not staff accordingly.
Pros
Career Development
Cons
Pay and Job Security/
Incredible company to work for
Ski Concierge (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC15 March 2017
Working for the Four Seasons was an incredibly enjoyable and rewarding experience.
It was the first company which I felt treated you as an equal. During the busy periods the higher management team from other departments would come along to help.
The hardest part of that job was dealing with difficult guests. Guests with high expectations and who are paying thousands of dollars per night expect only the best service.
As well as this, the company follows the Forbes standard which has allowed them to be the only 5 star resort in Canada. This standard which every staff must adhere to was also a difficult transition.
Overall the Four Seasons is a very rewarding company to work for.
Pros
Free lunches, Staff Accommodation
Cons
Difficult guests and standards
Great place to work.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC20 November 2016
Loved working with their team and enjoyed the experience they offered me. Loved all the things I learnt and am very greatful for my time there!!
Great People, but few opportunities for advancement
Food & Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Whistler, BC25 March 2016
Four Seasons is typically one of the slowest companies in hospitality to promote from within.
Management can sometimes be hit and miss, but generally the people you work with are knowledgeable and hardworking.
I have learned how to successfully manage the room service department and how to manage and respect my co-workers.
Pros
Complimentary room nights
Cons
office politics, slow to promote, comp night availability
Empresa que valoriza o funcionario, cuida, respeita, pensa nele e quer ele sempre proximo, Querendo que nunca saia de la, plano de carreira brilhante
Steward (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC21 October 2015
Aprendi que tudo que se faz com carinho e determinação, fica bom e te faz bem. Nessa empresa esses valores são seguidos e valorzados
Pros
Beneficios e salario
Cons
Refeicao interna
High intensity fast paced environment.
Guest Relations Officer/ Night Audit (Former Employee) –  Whistler13 October 2015
High intensity fast pace environment, that throws you in the deep end. It was a very enjoyable and enlightening experience when push comes to shove.
productive and professional place to work
Front Desk Operator (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC27 July 2015
very good place to learn lots of field at the same time, control, customer service and more. very high class of professionizm that you can experience at work thoughout the season, if you can manage your time and energy, it is the perfect beautiful job.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
seasonal
5 Diamond Hotel & Resort.....Love It
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC29 June 2015
It was fun place to work
I was covering the PM shift including answer the guest calls and follow up, making pm task assignment and closing the house.
Stressed and underappreciated
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC21 September 2014
I had such high hopes of enjoying my time working for such a popular and high-end company, but it couldn't have been further from enjoyable. A typical day would involve what you'd expect in housekeeping: turn up to work, get your cleaning supplies, get your list of rooms to clean and you'd go to them and do the job. It was very autonomous, and it wasn't uncommon to spend whole shifts without speaking to or seeing anyone, which got quite frustrating. I didn't have the chance to really get to know my co-workers, but at times I found them to be rude and unhelpful. There were three different people in charge, and whether or not I had a good day usually depended on who was in charge that day. When I ran into some issues, I was passed around and given offers of help which I never received. Like a few people I knew, I wasn't enjoying the work and wanted to apply for another department given I was receiving no help or support to do my own job better, but unlike the people I knew this wasn't offered to me - which I'm certain was due to issues with my appearance, as they had no issues moving anyone else between departments. The hardest part of the job was not having enough time to do the best job I could, which was frustrating for me as a perfectionist - and I'm certain others must cut corners in order to finish in time but I couldn't do that so I fell behind and was always made to feel terrible about it, despite us being told it was more important to get it right the focus was always on finishing in the allotted time-frame. I would have found it much more enjoyable had I been given enough  more... time, but the fact of the matter is they didn't have enough people employed.  less
Pros
Free lunch - albeit poor quality
Cons
Long hours, expected to work overtime, underappreciated
Great team work with great people
Guest Relations Officer (Current Employee) –  Whistler BC4 March 2014
It is a big hotel, lots to learn. Perfect job for people that like challenging fun :)
Not Working in the area of my studies
General Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Whistler, BC28 April 2013
Would prefer to start working directly with Agricultural Business
Pros
Good Benefits / Job Security