Four Seasons

Four Seasons Employee Reviews

Canada160 reviews

Found 160 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,389 reviews
hotelfreemealnightroomlunchhighservice

Fun workplace, great coworkers and lots of satisfaction in doing a job well in a place where everyone else also likes to do their job well.

What is the best part of working at the company?My coworkers and the company culture.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Working with the public you come across a few customers who can stress you out, thankfully it was a minority of the clients.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Excellent! You’ll make friends for life!What is a typical day like for you at the company?Busy with varied tasks and duties.

Good place to work part-time

This is a good company to work for part-time for extra money. You have to be prepared to work all weekends and hotels including night shifts so it may not work for a lot of lifestyles. The pay is a lot less than other hotels and unless you are full time you do not receive any benefits or hotel perks.

Insights into Four Seasons

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Supportive environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Poor pay and bad work and life balance

Very bad inconsiderate people are working in P&C. Poor pay and they never listen what we said. Never get vacation or hardly able to get request off. Many employees are just selfish self-centered kids. Horrible work place to work with them. Poor pay for supervisors. Work and life balance is horrible. Do not recommend to work here.

Pros

Beautiful property and company bland

Cons

Horrible hourly / horrible people to work with

Data Science is not great place to work here

Horrible management; they don't know what they want. No clear goal or foundation in data science. Mangement brings always ad-hoc requests. No trust on epmployee.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Lot of stress, no right direction

Fun place to work

You have to have a keen eye to work there, it is a fast-moving place and you have to be on top of everything, people are friendly and easy to work with. Overall if you are a hard worker and willing to learn and have a keen eye for detail, then the Four Seasons is the place for you. I also like that you get to stay at any Four Season in the world.

Pros

free Breakfast, Lunch and dinner

Cons

hours are great, different shifs.

Four seasons

Beyond the most amazing company I ever had the chance to work with, management was amazing, co-workers were amazing, guest were amazing. If given another opportunity I definitely would work with them again.

Pros

The people

Cons

Can’t think of any to be honest.

Productive and fun workplace

My time spent at the Four Season was very productive, I learn a lot of experience to prepare me for my future endeavours. Great training programs for managers continually training to improved your skills, a very transparent company with rules that is shared by everyone.

Pros

Free lunch

World Class & exemplary customer service

It is a five star hotel and management and employee relationship is very good. The management even the general manager we’re very down yo earth treating employees all the same. You always see smiling face and welcoming you as you enter and work in this hotel. Addressing or calling by name of guest and coworker is preferred.

They give very little time for the quality they want.

They expect 5 star quality when they only give 60 minutes to finish a room. They should be more understanding. Not even supervisors can finish a room in 60 minutes.

Productive, lively & fun environment

I thoroughly enjoyed my employment at Four Seasons Hotel. I had a great mentor who taught me an abundance of valuable knowledge in the hospitality sector. We worked hard but were rewarded.

Pros

Recognition within the industry given Four Seasons was one of the few 5 Star Hotels in Toronto.

Cons

Long work days with short lunch hours & few, if any breaks.

Lots of Micromanaging

I was very excited to try out a new part time position at the Four Seasons Corporate Office, and to be honest I was quite disappointed. I was delighted that I had secured the part time position, the corporate office in Toronto is beautiful, I loved how reputable the company was, and the excellent customer service. However, behind the scenes it is a different story. Initially they provided such positive feedback in training, however outside of training one week in they begin to drill you. You are expected to adhere to the call standards on day one and you are penalized if you do not hit every point in the call even if you are successful with reservations. They like to micromanage the system you are using, you must log in right for the time of your shift, however their system is so slow that 15 mins is not enough to get it up and running. I was spoken to because I was three minutes late logging in, and was asked to log in half an hour prior to my shift. I was not being compensated for this time at all. On top of that, they advise you that they are very flexible, however if you are a part time agent they schedule you every weekend until you request a day off, and even then they do not provide it to you. Dont get me wrong, there are some wonderful people in this company but others are just plain letting the job get to their heads and are extremely rude and micromanaging. (Esp team leads)

Pros

Free lunches, great benefits

Cons

Long hours, micromanaged team leads and managers, awful hours, always understaffed

Great Place to Work

I recall working at the Four Seasons Vancouver years ago and it was a great job as the payroll administrator. I got the position through an agency. We processed payroll for both Vancouver and Whistler. The working hours are long as expected from a hospitality business. You need to be diligent and patient and the same time. The kitchen and room service department were always late submitting approvals but there were so many different events happening so the managers were usually behind but the payroll provider were great in working with us as well. If the position was not temporary, I could see myself working there still.

Pros

Great lunch program. Friendly workers.

Cons

Culture is unlike any other

Great place to work, hybrid working model.Learned about different management styles. Company direction is questionable but has on-site lunch and great perks.

Go to the Fairmont

Management were bloody awful. They don't care about the workers at all. Standards are unrealistic. The best workers in the world get told off for the tiniest mistakes and get 0 appreciation.

good place to work and shine

good place to grow if u want ....very supportive management and good place to have good experience in hospitality engineering department systems are huge and you can gain a very good experience about the building operation systems ....

The epitome of luxury!!!

The Four Seasons is and always be the gold standard for luxury travel and dining. Working with such a talented and dedicated team was truly amazing.

Pros

Education

Good company

Good company, good benefits, multiple locations, opportunities for advancement, special rates at sister hotels, luxury hotel operator, choose urban or rural destinations

Good pay, hard work

Good pay, work is hard. Management needs to be more supportive with employees. For housekeeping they expect 5 star cleaning in a time frame that is not possible

Pros

Free lunch, good insurance

Cons

Expectations to high for the time given

It was a good experience overall. I really enjoyed the vibes at my work. The salary was a good pay. I didn’t face any difficulties during my time being there.

Not fun

I hated it. The management was rude the Human Resources DOESNT ever remember your name. You can’t use any main bathrooms and have to wait for an elevator to take you downstairs to the bathroom

Productive fun friendly people

A happy place to work, all manangement are great friendly helpful, we have team work, the company helps charities etc, four season is the best place i ever work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Four Seasons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement