Four Seasons
Coronavirus update
Information from Four Seasons:

Four Seasons Employee Reviews

Canada123 reviews
Good
Corporate Office - North York, ON

Good working environment.

Free lunch everyday, you may put on a few pounds! Fast paced and some of the people are nice.
16 April 2020
Thank you for your review as a current Global Service Desk Consultant! We are so happy to hear that you're enjoying the work environment and your coworkers. Have a great day!
Shocking
Over promised and under delivered.

30 min break in 8 hour shift is not long enough.

Struggle to plan days off and things to do because the rota is given out weekly.
Pros
I made a life long friend
Cons
The way clients treat you.
depends on department
Generally everyone is usually good to each other but there are some managers that are a pain in the a--. But overall, it's who you work with that make the experience.
31 March 2020
Thank you for your review as a current Residential Concierge and for letting us know that we're on the right track when it comes to our culture. We are sorry to hear about the challenges you have experienced with management and will be sure to share your feedback internally.
Productive work place environment, mornings help nights. Vice versa
Also work place to work for. Perks were really great and they treated all fairly. I learned that you have to work hard at every point in time, don't give up.
Excellent place to work
This is an excellent place to work. Management is supportive of your aspirations and will do all in their power to help you achieve. Would recommend as an employer.
19 March 2020
Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the culture and management during your time at Four Seasons. Have a great day!
Not a good place to work
They treat their staff like they are very replaceable. The pay is poor (minimum wage) and guests pay thousands of dollars a night for a room. Place a lot of stress on workers and overtime is required, you are shamed if you don't put in the overtime. No guarantee for hours in low season, you get one shift a week and they don't care. Cheap company. Wouldn't advise working for the four seasons whistler
19 March 2020
Hi, Thank you for reaching out and providing some feedback as a former In Room Dining Server. We are sorry your experience with Four Seasons was not positive and we will ensure this feedback gets passed along to the appropriate people and dealt with. We wish you the best moving forward.
stressful and a lot of overtime
small team and a lot of over time.
union does not serve much purpose you just get union fees deducted from your pay and also get paid less than other hotels here.
11 March 2020
Thank you for your review as a former Banquet Cook and for your honest feedback. We're always looking for ways to improve and become better for both our guests and our employees. We will ensure your feedback reaches the appropriate people.
best Hotel chain you can ever Dream
if you can make it with F S you can go anywhere in the world, hard work but well rewarded if you can make positive result. great philosophies of high standards. fine dining orientation
10 March 2020
Thank you for your review as a former Executive Chef and for letting us know that we’re on the right track! We love hearing reviews like this about what makes working at Four Seasons so special.
The epitome of capitalism
I did a lot of research in preparation for the interview, including the history of Four Seasons and the development of the idealistic work culture around the 'Golden Rule'. This was thrown out of the window immediately with the disinterested, rude, and obnoxious interviewer. A few floors below the glitz and glam of the eye-wateringly priced rooms is the staff slum. The Golden Rule at work again. The kitchen is unusable. This is really only somewhere you should come if you're very eager to get on the slopes and be able to tolerate poor living conditions.
5 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are so sorry you had a negative experience and would like to gather some more information. Please feel free to send an email to jobs.fsho@fourseasons.com to provide some additional emails or we can schedule a time for a call to gather more information.
I enjoyed working here for 40 years.
Four Seasons Hotel is one of the 5 star in Vancouver. My second life is here good people, environment, benefits over all is excellent. I enjoyed working with everyone for 40 years in this Four Season’s Hotel.
5 March 2020
Thank you for your review and for letting us know that we’re on the right track! We love hearing reviews like this about what makes working at Four Seasons so special.
The worst place to work
This is my first time working in a place so disorganized, dirty, stressful and sad environment, without training. Tiny staff housing, sharing 1 washroom between 8 persons. The salary is horrible compared with the cost of life ( Whistler) NO benefits at all before 3 months, manager's is always buzy, they don't have time us, give us some feedback or simply appreciate our work. Iwe always receiving critics and how "don't do that" they request priority (full times seasonal jobs) that means, I could work 18 hours per week or 30 depending whatever THEY needs, but I havy wokr 40 hours ( that's full time right?) Anyway, I don't recommend this place to work. Unless you're really desperate like me.
Pros
Close to the village, 1 meal per shift.
Cons
Low salaries, no training, dirty and tiny staff housing, stressful (7 persons attempting and serving to 470 guests at the restaurant), no recreational places for the staff.
3 March 2020
Thank you for your review as a current Server. We are sorry to hear about the challenges you have experienced. We take your concerns to heart and encourage you to speak with your manager and the People and Culture team to help find the balance that you are looking for! We will also ensure this feedback gets passed along to the appropriate people.
A reputation for excellence
The Four Seasons Hotel has a strong reputation for excellence and I enjoyed a 21 year career there as a server. I had steady work for 16 years.
The expectations for delivering great service are high and I appreciated the chance to do good work.

They have good training programs for people who want to take on additional leadership and I was able to take advantage of this.
27 February 2020
Thank you for your review as a former Banquet Server and for letting us know that we’re on the right track! We love hearing reviews like this about what makes working at Four Seasons so special.
great benifits
lots of opportunity for growth, ability to move round and see the world, great benefits and health benefits,
Great environment and management is hands on
27 February 2020
Thank you for your review as a former Food and Beverage Coordinator and letting us know that we’re on the right track! We love hearing reviews like this about what makes working at Four Seasons so special.
Never heard of a company to refuse to give salary info.
I have never heard of a company to refuse giving what salary they offer before the in-person interview.I don't understand why someone would waist their time to make an interview and waist a day for it to find out the salary is too low.Normally speaking a company will disclose salary and benefits to encourage the potential candidate to actually go for the interview.What a waist of time to apply and have a phone interview without finding out what the salary would be.Another example of a bad policy here in Montreal,Quebec.
I wonder if the HR person just accepted a job without finding out his/her salary before.Again a waist of time.
27 February 2020
Hi, Thank you for reaching out and providing some feedback from your interview for the Resident Janitor position. We are sorry your experience with Four Seasons was not positive and will ensure this feedback reaches the appropriate peopel at the property and corporate office. All the best for the future.
Environnement de travail agréable
If you give to Four Seasons, Four Seasons will give you back too.
18 February 2020
Thank you for your review as a former Banquet Server! We are so glad to hear that you had found the opportunity to build a career with us.
Only left after 22 years as the Vancouver Location Closed.
Great managers that been their for years so they do care and provide support. Great benefits and pay structure. Colleagues that have become lifelong friends. Would go back once a new property is found.
11 February 2020
Thank you for your review as a former Concierge and for letting us know that we’re on the right track! We love hearing reviews like this about what makes working at Four Seasons so special.
Productive and a learning institution.
The work culture was amazing. Every day was a new learning experience. Lots of training so we can have the product knowledge to give superior quality guest experience.
6 February 2020
Thank you for your review as a former Assistant Food and Beverage Restaurant Manager! We are so glad to hear that you were able to experience our values firsthand and found the opportunity to build a career with us.
Very fast paced durning busy season , contractor style employment,
Be prepared to be full on durning busy seasons , really practice self care so you don’t burn out as there is potiental to be working several days in a row . Great money .
6 February 2020
Thank you for your review as a former Spa Practitioner and for your honest feedback. We're always looking for ways to improve and become better for both our guests and our employees. We will ensure your feedback reaches the appropriate people.
very productive and sometimes stressful work
some workers have an attitude in terms of work.
very competitive

they want the job finish on time

I learned in this job to become a multitasker and the most enjoyable part of my job have a team work
the best hotel to work..people are so friendly
i love Four seasons hotel ,were not just building a community but we build friends and family makes me feel like i am at home in the work place..people are so friendly and kind ....amazing and very friendly managers..we treat people as we would like to be treated..we have party at work for our kids during Christmas time.we host a Terry Fox Run every year...we respect each others opinion and weakness..i am happy working in this company but so sad because there out of business now.but i need to move forward for my future and for the future of my Family...
Pros
free meal
Cons
no hours during slow down
The best company to work for.
I love working four seasons hotel in Vancouver,the best company to work it's sad that the company is temporary closing. If I have another chance to work in this industry I will always choose to work four seasons hotel .
16 January 2020
Thank you for your review as a former NCL Supervisor! We are so glad to hear that you were able to experience our values firsthand and have found the opportunity to build a career with us.