Four Elms Retirement Residence Employee Reviews

relax somewhere after work
Dietary aide and Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON11 January 2019
Keep it clean my area
I'm hard working person
I'm doing good on my job
I give my best to this company
I'm using (PPE) is means personal protective equipment
Pros
free lunch
Cons
2 hours
not recommended
Dining Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  vaughan,on6 September 2018
there is no skills advancement.
the more you are closer to the management, they will give you the position you desire even you dont have the qualifications..
Cons
not enough hours, they dont give u over time
Productive and Healthy Place to Work
Personal Support Worker (Placement) (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON17 August 2017
The entire staff is friendly, accomodating, fair and professional. The management team is fair as well. The workplace is well maintained and clean. I love working in this place!
Pros
Job Perks
Excellent working environment, leadership and team work.
Resident Services Manager (Former Employee) –  1500 Steeles Ave. West, Thornhill, ON14 March 2016
Healthy working environment, supportive General Manager and team, staff are well trained, highly skilled, friendly and reliable.

Developed strength team building, mentoring, leadership and customer service. Worked closely and as a team. (Management)

Excellent co- workers and staff.
Challenging family/clients dynamics but productive.

When residents and staff recognized my leadership and performance that is rewarding.
Pros
Healthy & safe place to work
Cons
Need better incentives
Performing health assessments of patients and evaluating data, medication administration, collaboration with physician, and education of patients
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON21 February 2015
A typical day at my work includes administering medications and monitoring vital signs. Also I make sure patients maintain acceptable levels of personal hygiene, have clean beds and receive proper nutrition. Additionally, I communicate with the physician, the pharmacy, families, keep residents records and develop care plans for residents. The most enjoyable part of the job is communicating with residents. The hardest part of the job is when two or three emergency situations happened at the same moment.
Enhanced my culinary skills experienced
Cook (Former Employee) –  Richmondhill.On6 February 2014
Long hours in the job
Enjoyed much in cooking where I could apply my creative ideas
the hardest part was I was working alone where I did all the preparation, cooking, plating,cleaning the kitchen and washing the equipment.
Applied Time management, cost effectiveness
Co-workers provided comments regarding the menu, tasteand texture
Pros
happy when customers were satisfied and enjoy the food
Productive and fun workplace
Personal Support Worker (Practicum) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2012
helped people with the activities of daily living to maintain their dignity.
Co-operated with all members of the health care team to Promote safety and work in a safe manner. Assisted with range of motion exercises and other rehabilitative measures.Changed bed linen, towels and performed laundry related tasks.Assisted with all aspects of personal hygiene. Recorded blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration, body weight and height.Assisted with ambulation and mobilization.Observed and reported clinical and treatment findings, behavioral changes and changes in ongoing conditions. Maintained records and documents procedures.Provided emotional support to patients and families. Assists with feeding.Practiced universal precautions and maintained a clean working environment.
Enjoyed seeing people increase their independence, self-esteem, dignity and social interaction.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Four Elms Retirement Residence. Our community is ready to answer.

Four Elms Retirement Residence Reviews by Location