Fountain Tire Employee Reviews

Service Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON21 January 2019
I don’t know about the other reviews. I don’t have any issues with the “two sons”. When it is busy there is no issue of having overtime. Pay rate is great as well.
28 January 2019

Thanks for leaving a review! Happy to hear you enjoy working at Fountain Tire!

If they can keep staff it would be a better place.
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON19 January 2019
I work in the thunder bay ft. At first it was good. Then i saw why i should leave. The front office staff Treat the techs with little respect. It's run by a family, the sons act like there above there staff. Stuck up, and lack good manager skills.. end of the day your just a number to them. It's all about get it in and out so you can keep working like a dog and lining the owners pocket. Low pay. No over time. Work every other sat with no over time after 44 hrs. Shops dirty and messy no one cares. The tire guys have the good love that's noticable. The techs in both shops dont speak too highly of the upper staff. It's no wonder they can't keep people here longer then half a yr. I've been here a few months. Not sure i'll be staying.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Low pay. No ot. Bad managers
22 January 2019

It sounds like you have not had the greatest experience so far at Fountain Tire. We take this seriously as we work hard to try and ensure all of our team members are treated well. If you are interested, I would love to talk about this directly – the door is always open! - Jeff Hunter – Store Manager, Fountain Tire Thunder Bay

Amazing place to work
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Quesnel, BC8 January 2019
I’ve worked here for 8 months and it’s a very amazing place to work, all the employees and managers have such a great attitude and can never hesitate to ask questions
21 January 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Experiences like yours are what makes Fountain Tire a great place to work! We hope you have a great day!

dirty job but felt good to help
service truck operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 December 2018
being a tire guy was hard work but it always felt good to help people out at 3 in the morning when they are stuck on the side of the road and they depended on me to get them home safely. no mater what the time was I always showed up with a smile on my face and got the job done no mater what.
31 December 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. At Fountain Tire we’ve been dedicated to providing top-quality service to Canadians since our first store opened in 1956. We understand that people count on Fountain Tire and that is hard work to get the job done right, thank you for being part of that day and night! Please contact the HR Advisor – Recruitment at Fount Tire Place and let us know what we can do to make this a 5 star review. We hope you have a great day!

Tire tech service truck driver
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  All29 December 2018
Terrible place to work horrible management really bad pay for how hard you will work awful hours and no respect for you personal life if u plan to work here good luck
Pros
The day eventually comes to an end
Cons
The boss only cares abouy money
31 December 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. At Fountain Tire we’re proud of our management, local owners that go the extra-mile to provide extraordinary customer service in-store every day. Fountain Tire associates are a key part of our stores, and while we do get quite busy and test their skills, we take care of them in a variety of ways such as: competitive compensation, health and dental benefits, RRSP matching, training opportunities, a team orientated work environment and discounts on parts and service at all Fountain Tires. It sounds like you didn’t have a great experience as a Fountain Tire associate, I am sorry to hear that, but if you would like to discuss further please contact the HR Advisor - Recruitment at Fountain Tire Place. We hope you have a great day!

Company average not dream job
Lead Hand/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 December 2018
Worked 18 + years ,transfers through out company ,pay all right. Advament through company, hard work durring peak time; not for people that want easy job.
Pros
Company discount
Cons
Lowered full benifit coverage
28 December 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate your continued commitment to Fountain Tire. We understand that our work can be challenging at times, however our "work hard, play hard" mentality is what has made Fountain Tire a platinum member of Canada's best managed companies every year since 1994. Please let the HR Advisor - Recruitment at Fountain Tire Place know what we can do to make this a 5 star review. We hope you have a great day!

Waste of time and energy.
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 December 2018
I left a stable, decent paying although dangerous job after being convinced to come work for Fountain Tire. I was pressured by the manager of the Portage Ave to come work for him and to leave my current job immediately. Stupidly I took the bait and was lured in with grand promises of nearly limitless overtime and generous commission opportunities. It turns out the guy can't run a business, customers avoid the place like the plague and employees turned over like pancakes. I got suckered into a "fast paced" and "high volume" retail environment that in reality saw maybe a dozen customers on a good day. I managed to keep myself busy for a few weeks until the owner decided that he couldn't afford to keep me on. In order to "look out for his guys" I was let go. My wife has been ill for some time and has been out of work making me the sole breadwinner in the family. I was left scrambling at the end of November when other shops aren't hiring to find another job before the next rent payment came up. Do not allow this company to leave you in the same situation as myself. Fountain Tire corporate will respond with the usual meaningless canned response. This is something they should take seriously as it reflects very poorly on Fountain Tire as a whole.
Pros
Free coffee from a filthy keurig knock off
Cons
Pretty much every other aspect
10 December 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Fountain Tire is committed to offering meaningful and rewarding careers to thousands of Canadians. Unfortunately, mechanical and tire service is not for everyone or business/safety decisions dictate that we have to let staff go. We take comments like yours very seriously and are conducting an investigation in to your claims, we would like the opportunity to talk with you further, please contact the HR Advisor Recruitment at Fountain Tire Place. We are sorry to hear about your ill wife, and wish you both the best.

Terrible management
Lead tire technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 November 2018
Promised apprenticeship 3 years in a row. Broke my back for this company and got nothing in return. Boss was dishonest and would undercut you at all turns.
Poor hours
Poor pay
Difficult work.
Pros
Employees were good
Cons
Pay is bad
3 December 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Fountain Tire provides its associates with competitive compensation, RRSP matching, health and dental benefits in addition to paid vacation. We are proud that a significant number of our store owners started in the back working on vehicles and worked their way through various positions prior to becoming a store owner. This is what has made Fountain Tire a Platinum Member of Canada’s best managed companies every year since 1994. We take your comments seriously and would like to discuss further with you. Please contact the HR Advisor –Recruitment at Fountain Tire Place. We hope you have a great day!

bad leadership
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB24 November 2018
managment is brutal. always yelling and using threat tactics to try to motivate employees, long hours with no breaks, if you try to take a break you are looked at like you have a 3rd eye. the company is great overall its just this particular store and owner that gives it a black eye.
Pros
loyal customers
Cons
owner/manager
26 November 2018

Thank you for providing feedback on your time with our store. We are committed to providing a safe and comfortable workplace so we are disappointed to hear about your experience. We have policies in place designed to manage working hours and performance management. If these policies are not being followed we will investigate further. Our dedication to our employees and their working environment is what makes Fountain Tire a Platinum Member of Canada's Best Managed Companies. If you wish to discuss further please call the HR Advisor - Recruitment at Fountain Tire Place. We hope you have a great day.

Some benefits (shop coffee, supplied tools). Harsh Environment.
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 October 2018
Good physical labour, but low training threshold for work that is occurring. Management is numbers focused, not people focused. Work is very physically demanding.
Pros
Set work hours
Cons
Non flexible scheudle
22 October 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We take pride is delivering excellent onboarding and training to all Fountain Tire Associates. This includes the site specific onboarding that happens the first week of employment and the training that is continuous. If this was not the case for you or you want to discuss how we can improve please contact the HR Advisor - Recruitment at Fountain Tire Place to discuss. Hope you have a great day!

Automotive mechanic shop
Journeyman Red Seal Automotive Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 October 2018
Fountain Tire is a mechanical shop. Mostly specializing in tires, however they also provide mechanical work for customers cars. Diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
9 October 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We would love to know what we can do to make this review 5 stars. Please contact the HR Advisor - Recruitment at Fountain Tire Place to discuss. Hope you have a great day!

ok
Transport driver (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON19 September 2018
alright place to work long hrs lots of overtime during seasonal change overs great staff decent management some perks when work commercial side company supplied cell phones
21 September 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We hope you enjoyed your time at Fountain Tire. This review will be shared with the store manager.

Great staff and good work
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK12 September 2018
Worked there for a while and had a good time. Got along great with the staff, work was good, but the pay was a little low with the amount of work required in the position.
21 September 2018

Thanks for taking the time leave a review, we are glad you enjoyed your time at Fountain Tire. We will forward this comment to the store manager for review.

great co workers
Journeyman Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB8 August 2018
a lot of slow days but when its busy its non stop! great co workers while i w as employed there, management can be a mess at times, but over all pretty good. safety is a priority. high turnover rate
Pros
co workers
Cons
high turnover rate
Not an enjoyable workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 July 2018
No future or proper training provided. They revamped the company and many staff members were let go with very little warning. Spent 9 years with this company.
Good for experience.
Tire Man (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 July 2018
Better experience than McDonalds. As my second job I am much more satisfied with the management and the other employees. It's been a blast working at Fountain Tire and I recommend it to anyone looking for a hands on job.
Pros
Salary.
Cons
Long Hours.
Fun place to work, great people and great manager
Inside Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 June 2018
Learned a lot of different sales techniques. Great family atmosphere and culture. Always able to talk to anyone there about issues. Most enjoyable part was getting to interact with he public.
Pros
great people, family atmosphere
Ok job
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 June 2018
Only worked at fountain tire for a short while. For the most part enjoyed it (probably because the owner of the shop wasn’t around when I worked) the other tire techs were really cool and understanding taught me a lot. The owner was a super micro manager and everything had to be perfect. When he was there he was over your shoulder all the time.
Pros
Working on cars all day
Cons
Owner sucks
Good place
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC4 June 2018
Fountain tire has been a great place to work at because of the people, work environment, and type of work. Fountain tire is one of the 50 best managed companies in Canada and I truly believe that!
Great work experience and sales experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON25 May 2018
Fun place to work gets extremely busy. Always something new to learn . Customers were so great to work with a lot of relationship building. Going out to job site where you had to take out big OTR tires was a adventure alot of the time.You would be in the middle of nowhere but was fun at the same time. I really enjoyed working for the owner is a great man.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Can be dangerous at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fountain Tire. Our community is ready to answer.