Fountain Tire Employee Reviews

ok
Transport driver (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON19 September 2018
alright place to work long hrs lots of overtime during seasonal change overs great staff decent management some perks when work commercial side company supplied cell phones
Official response from Fountain Tire
21 September 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We hope you enjoyed your time at Fountain Tire. This review will be shared with the store manager.

Great staff and good work
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK12 September 2018
Worked there for a while and had a good time. Got along great with the staff, work was good, but the pay was a little low with the amount of work required in the position.
Official response from Fountain Tire
21 September 2018

Thanks for taking the time leave a review, we are glad you enjoyed your time at Fountain Tire. We will forward this comment to the store manager for review.

great co workers
Journeyman Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB8 August 2018
a lot of slow days but when its busy its non stop! great co workers while i w as employed there, management can be a mess at times, but over all pretty good. safety is a priority. high turnover rate
Pros
co workers
Cons
high turnover rate
Not an enjoyable workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 July 2018
No future or proper training provided. They revamped the company and many staff members were let go with very little warning. Spent 9 years with this company.
Good for experience.
Tire Man (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 July 2018
Better experience than McDonalds. As my second job I am much more satisfied with the management and the other employees. It's been a blast working at Fountain Tire and I recommend it to anyone looking for a hands on job.
Pros
Salary.
Cons
Long Hours.
Fun place to work, great people and great manager
Inside Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 June 2018
Learned a lot of different sales techniques. Great family atmosphere and culture. Always able to talk to anyone there about issues. Most enjoyable part was getting to interact with he public.
Pros
great people, family atmosphere
Ok job
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 June 2018
Only worked at fountain tire for a short while. For the most part enjoyed it (probably because the owner of the shop wasn’t around when I worked) the other tire techs were really cool and understanding taught me a lot. The owner was a super micro manager and everything had to be perfect. When he was there he was over your shoulder all the time.
Pros
Working on cars all day
Cons
Owner sucks
Good place
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC4 June 2018
Fountain tire has been a great place to work at because of the people, work environment, and type of work. Fountain tire is one of the 50 best managed companies in Canada and I truly believe that!
Great work experience and sales experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON25 May 2018
Fun place to work gets extremely busy. Always something new to learn . Customers were so great to work with a lot of relationship building. Going out to job site where you had to take out big OTR tires was a adventure alot of the time.You would be in the middle of nowhere but was fun at the same time. I really enjoyed working for the owner is a great man.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Can be dangerous at times
Productive and nice workplace environment
Heavy Dut Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK13 May 2018
It all about time efficiency and customer oriented service with good management . Good workplace culture and very friendly atmosphere between the management and employees.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
The quicker you do you job the better
Great Owner
Outside sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB1 May 2018
The owner at the Airdrie Location are unbelievable. Great balance of personal life and work. The best part is meeting new people and being able to get on the road and make sales calls.
Pros
Management is great
i enjoyed working there
Janitor/Cleaner/tire tech (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SK25 April 2018
it wasn’t the right place for me there was a lot of sketchy things going att the time that i was working there were lots of interproperlatly comments and and guy my boss gave me lots of chances and i kept on avoiding them
good work environment and opportunity to advance
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Marathon, ON13 April 2018
enjoyed working with the other employees.
most of the time work was indoors'
the job was dirty and sometimes out in the elements
would have liked more money to start..
worth working there as a first job
Tire tech (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, AB10 April 2018
the old owner is gone so it probably went downhill. could've changed significantly by now. while I was there it was a fun and joyous work atmosphere and the people made it a bearable place to work
Great first job
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 March 2018
this company gave me the opportunity to advance in education an get an understanding of corporate law. I did not like how I was let go but, it has a great staff and great new building.
low pay
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  winnipeg9 March 2018
very low pay . stressful selling and pressured to sell . hours are normal and can work on own cars in some loactions . lotos of locations to work at so can relocate.
Pros
na
Cons
na
great leadership
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC8 March 2018
probably one of the best managed companies I have ever worked for and I would still be working for that company if I didn't have to move to an area that franchises in my area
Great environment at this store, great company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB26 February 2018
I loved my job, and the people i worked with. Customers were always nice, and respectful. I learned a lot about whmis , and hazardous materials, as well as safety standards/guidelines.
BEST place to learn a cool trade
Service Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON22 February 2018
great teachers and amaazing staff and co workers
great trade to get into and learn will take you far into any trade buiness out their
it will give you the basicles to the industrie
Pros
great peopleq
Cons
Great place to work. Really productive and fun.
Inside sales representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 February 2018
By far the best job i have ever had. The owner at F020 is one of the most humble guys I know. Not only is he a really personable man he is also a great business man. He is definitely on the front of the automotive curve when it comes to customer relations. Everyone at the shop is wonderful and really friendly and there is a wealth of knowledge and experience all in one place.
Pros
Great work place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fountain Tire. Our community is ready to answer.