Fountain Tire
Happiness score is 63 out of 100

Fountain Tire Employee Reviews

Canada215 reviews

Not a good place to stay

Not enough pay for what you have to do. You wear multiple hats for little pay. Work is physically demanding and difficult at times,but compensation remains the same. No room for advancement within the company. They will hire from outside and won’t give anyone a chance from within. You will be stuck doing the same thing forever. It’s very poorly managed. The guys are great to work with but management is terrible. For what the pay is, you can easily find another warehouse gig that pays more and lighter work.

Pros

Hours are good, good guys to work with.

Cons

Poor pay, management is terrible

9 July 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Our work can be physical and is not for everyone, however we offer excellent compensation, benefits and a great work environment focused on safety and customer service that has helped make Fountain Tire a Platinum Member of Canadas Best Managed Companies. Development within Fountain Tire is very important, there are many ways to advance in our company including the DRIVE Program which is our Ownership Training Program - you can start as a tire technician (or any other position) and one day own your very own Fountain Tire! We wish you the best in your career search and hope you have a great day!

At my location it is a good working group.

Co workers are for the most part awesome. The job is to hard on the body for it's pay. Extreme stress on the back and knees. Weather conditions don't matter, if -30 degrees celcius your still on your knees working.My boss is amazing but it is a franchise and other owners or supervisors are not so good.

Cons

Long busy ours in spring and fall but in between those seasons pay takes a hit.

19 April 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Being a tire technician is a physical job, Fountain Tire prides itself on having great equipment to make the job as light on our associates as possible. Health and Safety is extremely important to Fountain Tire because were on the road together with out associates and care about their well being. It is reasons like this Fountain Tire is a Platinum Member of Canada's Best Managed Companies. If you would like to discuss this review further please contact the HR Advisor – Recruitment at Fountain Tire Place. We hope you have a great day!

Fun workplace

I really enjoyed this survey 5 out of 5 for me brought back memories of When i worked there I loved that job do it again in a heart beat. Staff was welcoming and the management was excellent.

Pros

Staff was warm and welcoming

Cons

No cons loved everything about it

30 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time at Fountain Tire! Fountain Tire works hard to create a great work environment for associates. We hope you have a great day!

Productive and safety oriented

Had great experience working here, the staff and management get their job done professionally and easily to get a long with. I enjoyed learning the commercial side of the tire industry and getting to work with big tires was exhausting but the satisfaction of getting the customers vehicles done was rewarding.

Pros

Brand new coveralls.

Cons

Working outside in Cold conditions.

12 February 2021
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! It sounds like you enjoyed your time at Fountain Tire and we are happy to hear that! We hope you have a great day!

Every year they have lucky pot. Lots of tasty food

Best workplace I have ever had. Good Management and friendly team member. Just because I moved to another city, other wise I will keep working at that store.

11 January 2021
Thanks you for taking the time to leave a review. It sounds like you enjoyed your time at Fountain Tire and we are happy to hear that! With over 160 locations across Canada there may be a Fountain Tire in your new community. We're on the road together with our associates and they sometimes switch stores as you never know what changes life can bring. We wish you all the best in your future and hope you have a great day!

Experience

Friendly hurt work on time good boos lovely people understand ING each other ❤️ billed the tire working in the chamber cleaning tire counting the rubb

Pros

Gift cards

Cons

Long break

23 October 2020
Thanks for taking time to leave a review. If you would like to discuss your review further please contact the HR Advisor - Recruitment @ Fountain Tire Place. We hope you have a great day.

The worst place ive ever worked

Everything is awful. All tools don't work jacks leak they don't buff wheels fix run low tires just a unsafe disrespectful place. Embarrassing to work there. Doesn't matter what you do to try help or improve the. Sh... hole you'll get sh... on for it and told it's not the way they do things. I strongly recommend never working at any of them but especially the one i was at. If you do good luck to you and your suicide hotline responder.

Pros

Home time

Cons

Too many to list

16 October 2020
It sounds like you did not enjoy your time at Fountain Tire and we are sorry to hear that. Fountain Tire takes safety seriously, both for our customers and our associates. Fountain Tire makes sure our associates have the quality tools they need to quickly and effectively take care of customer needs. Having such high standards means that working for Fountain Tire is not for everyone and we wish you the best in your career search. If you would like to discuss this review further please contact the HR Advisor – Recruitment at Fountain Tire Place. We hope you have a great day!

Terrible Management

If I could give the management 0 stars I would. Expect workplace bullying and harassment from management to get their way. Everything management promises are lies and they will say anything to please without any follow through. Expect to work long hours for just above minimum wage with promises to increase wages that will never come.

Pros

Free pizza

Cons

Long hours, poor management

24 September 2020
Fountain Tire has zero tolerance for bullying and harassment, we embrace a family style, collaborative work environment because not only are we on the road together with our customers, we are on the road together with our associates. A great work environment, competitive wages and the chance to work your way up to become an owner are some of the things that have made Fountain Tire a Platinum Member of Canada's Best Managed Companies. In our line of work there can be long hours during busy season and it is hard work, which is not for everyone and that is ok too. If you would like to discuss this review further please contact the HR Advisor - Recruitment at Fountain Tire Place. We wish all the best in your career search and hope you have a great day!

I worked there

Was decent to start but went downhill and stayed downhill till I was let go. There was some perks but in the end it was more of a ploy to help you see past the faults of the management

24 September 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It sounds like you did not enjoy all of your time at Fountain Tire and we are sorry to hear that. Our Managers are Owners that go the extra mile for customers and associates. Excellent management is one of the many reasons we are a platinum member of Canada's Best Managed Companies. If you would like to discuss this review further please contact the HR Advisor - Recruitment at Fountain Tire Place. We hope you have a great day!

Management sucks

If you work there and someone doesn't like you and there wife is one of the managers then he will get special treatment so he doesn't get in trouble but you will get fired

Pros

Great workout for your brain and body

Cons

Bad pay, bad management

4 September 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We do not have any record of what you are describing on file, however, it sounds like you did not enjoy your time at Fountain Tire and we are sorry to hear that. While Fountain Tire offers competitive compensation, great benefits and a supportive work environment it is not for everyone. If you would like to discuss this review further please contact the HR Advisor Recruitment at Fountain Tire Place. We hope you have a great day!

Work

The original manager I had was very decent to deal with always willing to work with me and other technicians. Was taken over by new management had different views

Pros

Fun environment

Cons

Work was up and down

14 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time at Fountain Tire. Our Owners are Managers that have helped Fountain Tire become a Platinum Member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. If you would like to discuss this review further please contact the HR Advisor – Recruitment at Fountain Tire Place. We hope you have a great day!

Hated working in that shop

In winter the shop was so cold . I would have wear a coat under my coveralls. if you were sick you could not call in sick. You work 12 hours day six days week.

Pros

nil

Cons

lots

27 July 2020
Fountain Tire cares about the health and safety of our associates. We encourage associates not feeling well to stay home or to go home if they start feeling unwell while at work. Fountain Tire also offers comprehensive health benefits in addition to an Employee Assistance Program. Our shops do get busy and that combined with Canadian weather means that they can get cold. However, we try and keep our associates as comfortable as possible. It sounds like you did not enjoy your time at Fountain Tire and we are sorry to hear that. If you would like to discuss your review further please contact the HR Advisor – Recruitment at Fountain Tire Place. We hope you have a great day.

OK place to start get your mechanic journeyman ticket and get out

OK place to work for a short time not a long time As the old saying goes rich get richer poor get poor management takes all the perks and compliments from customers and do not pass it down the line

Pros

Benefit package

Cons

At my location they did not understand mental health anxiety depression

9 July 2020
Fountain Tire takes mental health seriously and provides all associates with a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program in addition to both short and long term disability benefits. Our Managers are Owners, that care about their staff, which has helped Fountain Tire be named a Platinum Member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. If you would like to discuss your review further please contact the HR Advisor – Recruitment at Fountain Tire Place. We hope you have a great day.

good place to work

lots of work great crew to work with very easy going good paying company very well organized and great managment team quality employees that are very willing to teach

3 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time at Fountain Tire and thank you for helping make Fountain Tire a great place to work! We hope you have a great day!

okay place to work

was a good place to work however, the wage to workload was not very good. management was not very organized. making personal plans was difficult due to never knowing what time you are getting off and lunch breaks only happen during very slow days otherwise you will be doing a 14 hour day without a break.

4 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Fountain Tire offers competitive compensation, RRSP matching, and paid time off in addition to health and dental benefits. We strive to deliver excellent customer service and our work can be unpredictable in order to meet the needs of our customers. Were on this road together with our associates and while breaks may not always be at the same time, we make sure our staff get the breaks they need to keep doing an amazing job. It sounds like you did not enjoy all of your time at Fountain Tire and we are sorry to hear that. If you would like to discuss this review further please contact the HR advisor – Recruitment at Fountain Tire Place. We hope you have a great day!

After they changed management is garbage to for fountain tire

Now that they have new management, its not worthy working for a company that don't appreciate long years of dedication and loyalty that I gave them 30 years of my life. Went down the drain.

12 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Fountain Tire values our associates by providing full health and dental benefits, competitive compensation and a great work environment. We have Service Awards to specifically recognize years of Service and show appreciation for associates choosing to spend their careers at Fountain Tire. If you would like to discuss this review further please contact the HR Advisor – Recruitment at Fountain Tire Place. We hope you have a great day!

Excellent company

It was a great place to work especially the management team. I learnt a lot from them. We shared our views together with our boss, which entailed how the company would succeed.

11 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It sounds like you enjoyed your time at Fountain Tire and we are happy to hear that! We appreciate your contribution to make Fountain Tire a great place to work!

Most companies dont expect u be perfect

I liked the work. The only thing is we never got proper breaks due being understaffed which led to always stuff to do which led to me being sick. Company does not try help u they just fire u. Dont give u second chance even if u have 4 kids feed. No heart. If u come under stress and have a set back this company will just throw out like garbage instead of helping u in some way.

11 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. All Fountain Tire stores provide breaks, however sometimes thing can get busy, our associates need to be flexible in order to get the job done. We provide associates with full medical and dental benefits in addition to an Employee Assistance Program to make sure our associates have the support that they need. It sounds like your time at Fountain Tire could have been better, were sorry to hear that. If you would like to discuss this review further please contact the HR Advisor - Recruitment at Fountain Tire Place. We hope you have a great day!

Not a Good place to work

The management is one sided. I can say that they discriminate. They can be racist sometimes. Does not do standards at work regularly. They don't really care when an employee has problem or trouble at work.

27 April 2020
At Fountain Tire our Managers are Owners and we stand with our associates to help them through issues by offering compressive employee assistance programs in addition to excellent benefits. Fountain Tire is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination or racism. It sounds like you did not enjoy your time at Fountain Tire and we are sorry to hear that. If you would like to discuss your review further please contact the HR Advisor – Recruitment at Fountain Tire Place. We hope you have a great day!

Its a fun place

Had fun working there people were good friends and learn new things every day its fast and slow in days good pay I have been doing this kind of work for years

5 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Glad to hear you enjoyed your time at Fountain Tire. Great associates are just one of the many things that make Fountain Tire an employer of choice! Please contact the HR Advisor - Recruitment at Fountain Tire Place and let us know what we can do to make this review 5 stars. We hope you have a great day!

Rude counter staff/managenent

I have never had such an awful experience at a job, I had to deal with a manager that was constantly pushing you to work harder, then when you work your but off 12 hours a day 6 days a week you still get in trouble because they couldn't sell enough for us to stay busy. T

5 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Fountain Tire Owners expect a lot of our their associates, it is what makes Fountain Tire a leader in quality mechanical and tire service. In return we offer competitive compensation, full benefits, RRSP matching, discounts on mechanical service and tires as well as the opportunity to one day own your own store through our DRIVE Program. It sounds like you did not enjoy your time at Fountain Tire and we are sorry to hear that, the owner at our Kelowna location or the HR Advisor – Recruitment at Fountain Tire Place would like to discuss their review further, please contact us to discuss. We hope you have a great day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fountain Tire. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement