Fountain Tire

Fountain Tire Employee Reviews

Canada201 reviews
good place to work
lots of work
great crew to work with very easy going

good paying company

very well organized and great managment team

quality employees that are very willing to teach
okay place to work
was a good place to work however, the wage to workload was not very good. management was not very organized. making personal plans was difficult due to never knowing what time you are getting off and lunch breaks only happen during very slow days otherwise you will be doing a 14 hour day without a break.
After they changed management is garbage to for fountain tire
Now that they have new management, its not worthy working for a company that don't appreciate long years of dedication and loyalty that I gave them 30 years of my life. Went down the drain.
12 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Fountain Tire values our associates by providing full health and dental benefits, competitive compensation and a great work environment. We have Service Awards to specifically recognize years of Service and show appreciation for associates choosing to spend their careers at Fountain Tire. If you would like to discuss this review further please contact the HR Advisor – Recruitment at Fountain Tire Place. We hope you have a great day!
Excellent company
It was a great place to work especially the management team. I learnt a lot from them. We shared our views together with our boss, which entailed how the company would succeed.
11 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It sounds like you enjoyed your time at Fountain Tire and we are happy to hear that! We appreciate your contribution to make Fountain Tire a great place to work!
Most companies dont expect u be perfect
I liked the work. The only thing is we never got proper breaks due being understaffed which led to always stuff to do which led to me being sick. Company does not try help u they just fire u. Dont give u second chance even if u have 4 kids feed. No heart. If u come under stress and have a set back this company will just throw out like garbage instead of helping u in some way.
11 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. All Fountain Tire stores provide breaks, however sometimes thing can get busy, our associates need to be flexible in order to get the job done. We provide associates with full medical and dental benefits in addition to an Employee Assistance Program to make sure our associates have the support that they need. It sounds like your time at Fountain Tire could have been better, were sorry to hear that. If you would like to discuss this review further please contact the HR Advisor - Recruitment at Fountain Tire Place. We hope you have a great day!
Not a Good place to work
The management is one sided. I can say that they discriminate. They can be racist sometimes. Does not do standards at work regularly. They don't really care when an employee has problem or trouble at work.
27 April 2020
At Fountain Tire our Managers are Owners and we stand with our associates to help them through issues by offering compressive employee assistance programs in addition to excellent benefits. Fountain Tire is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination or racism. It sounds like you did not enjoy your time at Fountain Tire and we are sorry to hear that. If you would like to discuss your review further please contact the HR Advisor – Recruitment at Fountain Tire Place. We hope you have a great day!
Its a fun place
Had fun working there people were good friends and learn new things every day its fast and slow in days good pay I have been doing this kind of work for years
5 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Glad to hear you enjoyed your time at Fountain Tire. Great associates are just one of the many things that make Fountain Tire an employer of choice! Please contact the HR Advisor - Recruitment at Fountain Tire Place and let us know what we can do to make this review 5 stars. We hope you have a great day!
Rude counter staff/managenent
I have never had such an awful experience at a job, I had to deal with a manager that was constantly pushing you to work harder, then when you work your but off 12 hours a day 6 days a week you still get in trouble because they couldn't sell enough for us to stay busy.
T
5 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Fountain Tire Owners expect a lot of our their associates, it is what makes Fountain Tire a leader in quality mechanical and tire service. In return we offer competitive compensation, full benefits, RRSP matching, discounts on mechanical service and tires as well as the opportunity to one day own your own store through our DRIVE Program. It sounds like you did not enjoy your time at Fountain Tire and we are sorry to hear that, the owner at our Kelowna location or the HR Advisor – Recruitment at Fountain Tire Place would like to discuss their review further, please contact us to discuss. We hope you have a great day.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Fountain Tire?
Excellent company
Excellent company to work for. Highly recommend. Lots of training..they listen very well. Always take care of. Nothing negative to say about this company
3 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your contribution to Fountain Tire. We hope you have a great day!
Stressful
Bad management, stressful environment, dirty work for what you get payed.
When is a slow season, you'll end up laid off.

I don't recommend this location, be smart and find something else.
5 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Tire technician positions are not for everyone, they are fast paced and it can get dirty at times. However, Fountain Tire offers competitive compensation, full benefits, RRSP matching as well as discounts for staff on tires and mechanical service. Fountain Tire has been a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies every year since 1994. Fountain Tire also offers the DRIVE program to give associates the skills they need to become future owners. If you would like to discuss this review further please contact the HR Advisor – Recruitment at Fountain Tire Place.
Fast-paced and fun environment
I had a wonderful experience working at fountain tire. It was so easy to get along with everyone,the work would be fast-paced throughout most of the day but it was still fun.
3 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time at Fountain Tire and appreciate your contribution. We hope you have a great day!
Great opportunity for a go getter
A very dynamic business that requires all you have and more, it's challenging and rewarding.

Every day is go, go, go from open to close and as the leader in a stand-alone business unit you are solely responsible for the culture that you are in. Helping your customers and finding solutions to meet their needs as both fleets and individual customers is great.

Middle management is exactly that our personalities conflicted drastically to the point of them attempting to undermine me to my team.
3 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Our Owners are dynamic entrepreneurs that have the full support of Fountain Tire. It is this partnership that has made Fountain Tire a platinum member of Canada's Best managed Companies. If you would like to discuss this review further please contact the HR Advisor - Recruitment at Fountain Tire Place. We hope you have a great day!
44 industry way service/retread
not a good place to work very hostile and stressfull environment they closed the retread plant jan 6 and left a bunch of people jobless the employees were the only good thing about the place
3 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Unfortunately, economic pressure forced Fountain Tire to close our Calgary retread location. We did everything we could to try and find associates positions at other locations. If you would like to discuss this review further please contact the HR Advisor - Recruitment at Fountain Tire Place. We hope you have a great day.
Great company to work for
Great company to work for. Culture, benefits, work/life balance, this company sets a great standard for how a Head Office should operate. Would highly recommend.
3 March 2020
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We hope you enjoyed your time at Fountain Tire!
It’s a no from me
I only worked there for three weeks, not sure why I got fired but there’s a lot wrong with the place, no one communicates with each other, had a hard time figuring out what I should’ve been doing or what I was told to do. Co-workers seemed hostile, unapproachable and judgmental.
6 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It sounds like you did not enjoy your time at Fountain Tire and we are sorry to hear that. Fountain Tire provides extensive training to all new hires as safety is a huge priority. Culture is also very important to us - providing a fun and enjoyable working environment is a big part of why associates love working for Fountain Tire. Please contact the HR Advisor - Recruitment at Fountain Tire Place is you would like to discuss this review further. We hope you have a great day!
good people to work with.
Have worked for 2 fountain stores & I turned in Dr.'s notes when I was off but @ both stores I was let go & the last one I had a medical certificate for me being off for 3 months. That day I was let go, & lost my job & benefits.
6 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It sounds like you had a complicated situation and it is unfortunate it did not work out. We take the safety of our associates and our customers very seriously. The automotive industry, while rewarding can be very demanding and is not for everyone. If you would like to discuss this review further please contact the HR Advisor – Recruitment at Fountain Tire Place. We hope you have a great day.
Safety/Management
1st day on the job, asked manager for safety glasses and gloves. Had a old scratched pair of glasses, no gloves. 1/2 day training with the guy I was taking over for. Asked manager to take a lunch break after working 6.5hrs, told to take a break as the was airing down. In 2 days worked 19.5 with a 30min break. Have 7 yrs exp in this industry. They don’t know how to time manage or treat employees.
6 January 2020
We take Safety very seriously as Fountain Tire. We provide all our associates with continuous and on-going training and full PPE required to do that job safely and efficiently. Things can get busy at Fountain Tire, we do our best to make sure our associates get the time off they need, and you might not always have a set break time. But were on the road together with our associates and that means getting them home safe and sound, every night, to the best of our abilities so that they can spend time with the people they care about and come in tomorrow to deliver exceptional customer service. It sounds like you did not enjoy your time at Fountain Tire and we are sorry to hear that. If you would like to discuss your review further please contact the HR Advisor – Recruitment at Fountain Tire Place. We hope you have a great day.
First was hard
I really enjoy working with tires takes awhile to get used to everything. You don’t stop learning there you also get to learn about Mechanical side as well. I came in knowing nothing. Now I’m one of the top tire techs. :) Just work hard and show up everyday they will reward you! Managers are wonderful as well had no issues with them and family life was awesome too. Well balanced place to work m. Enjoyed every day with xo-workers as well :)
13 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate you helping Fountain Tire to be the excellent place to work that it is. We hope you have a great day!
Great place
Great place to work with great people. Very busy during the winter months which gave us lots of work. The management team was awesome and a pleasure to work for. Would definitely recommend working here if your a younger person who's physically fit and has a strong work ethic.
6 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! Please contact the HR Advisor - Recruitment to let us know what we can do to make this review 5 stars. We hope you have a great day!
first offer was insulted comprised on a low wage with promise of increase but never got to the full wage after 14 months
Under paid employees with high expectations from management with no leadership. I was promised many things including wage increase and promotion but after 14 months I was kept in an entry level position even with over 15 years of experience.
5 December 2019
Fountain Tire offers competitive wages, RRSP matching, medical and dental benefits, paid time off in addition to a great work environment. We offer exciting careers tracks with great earning potential, sometimes it takes associates longer than they hoped to get to where they want to be. But Fountain Tire does not cut corners when it comes to customer service, we take the time to make sure our associates are trained properly. It sounds like you didn’t enjoy your time at Fountain Tire and we are sorry to hear that. If you would like to discuss this review further please contact the HR Advisor – Recruitment at Fountain Tire Place. We hope you have a great day.
Head Office Review
Pros:
- free parking

- benefits (exist, not great, but help)

- good experience, you typically wear a couple of different hats for a given job title

Cons:

- no pension

- false promises by management (drink the Kool-Aid and promote it... clearly HR promoting hard here)

- lack of management (slim to nil leadership ability by all levels of management, maybe except Mr. CEO, haven't interacted with that guy too many times but seems like a nice guy)

- training... what training? fake it till you make it and have seen success if you tried

- bullying and disrespect: indulged in even at the VP levels, nuff said

- rolling problems downhill to see who the snowball hits doesn't actually solve the issue, again... management

- business practices: depending on department, questionable

Conclusion:

It's not Fountain Tire's fault, it's just the people who manage it, and there aren't enough good ones. Obviously there are exceptions given different departments which the experience will depend on who your boss is, or who your boss' boss is. Some will bat for you and some will throw you under.

Being a 60 year old company, come on... get it together. We ARE NOT on this road together!
5 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review. Fountain Tire is proud to offer RRSP matching and continuous ongoing training for all associates with dedicated training budgets. We offer a respectful work environment and do not tolerate bullying at any level of Fountain Tire. While we do like rolling snowballs to make snowmen, we don’t roll problems downhill, we deal with issues and get to the root cause and solve the problem. Business practices like this have helped Fountain Tire be named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies every year since 1994. While you did say some positive things (free parking, benefits and experience – yay!) it sounds like you did not enjoy your time at Fountain Tire and we are sorry to hear that. If you would like to discuss your review further please contact the HR Advisor – Recruitment at Fountain Tire Place. We hope you have a great day!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fountain Tire. Our community is ready to answer.