Fossil Employee Reviews

really quiet
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2017
Yorkdale location
- not much traffic in stores --> will get very boring
- many employees, but not enough shifts
- staff is very inclusive
- many fake characters
- will take advantage of newcomers
- some friendly coworkers
Pros
discounts are amazing
Cons
barely enough hours
High end place that you'll love!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 July 2017
Lovely people, sometimes too strict but totally worth it because they teach you how to cultivate some very unique selling skills that are different than those for cheaper brands.
Pros
Good customer base- no rude people shop here.
Cons
Girls can be catty sometimes.
Fun Atmosphere, Great Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2017
Fossil is a company that really cares about it's employees. It takes the time to properly train it's managers, who in turn take the time to train their employees. Every week is about not just selling a product, but selling a story and ensuring a happy, returning customer. If you do your job, and show interest, you will advance in this place of work
Customer Service / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 June 2017
It was a nice environment to work in. We worked as a team, and supported each other when needed. Giving customers the best experience, and most importantly making sure they find what they need.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
sometimes under staffed
Very professional, very accommodating.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON23 May 2017
while the work was hard, the staff drove me to excel. I felt as though i was an integral part of the sales team, which made me try harder and harder. Treated every employee well. Customers were to be referred to as "guests", which is very humbling.
Pros
Very professional
Cons
tough work
Fossil
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON5 May 2017
I was able to learn some basic communication skills with the management at Fossil, but management always felt unorganized. They were flexible when it came to themselves showing up late for work, but as a sales associate if you were late you were treated differently.
High turnover has always been an issue through the grape vine and I can see why. The lack of authority and management skill from the Manager is why I understand that over the eight months I worked there I had the pleasure to work for three different managers.
I've learned from the negative experience I had with Fossil, and learned that they don't care when it comes to providing the best customer service.
Could have been better
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Balzac, AB25 April 2017
Although I enjoyed my time working here, I found that the social dynamic was quite unhealthy and detrimental to the productivity of the employees and the store.
Sales
Retail Sales Representative (Seasonal Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2017
You learn to sell, you also learn about the different tactics needed in order to communicate well with your clients. Also allows you to work your courage.
Great team
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 January 2017
Enjoy the people I work with at this location - very friendly and welcoming. Easy to learn new skills, helping people find gifts for people is rewarding.
never had a good experience working at fossil
Customer service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON22 January 2017
working at fossil, wasn't the best environment to work in, due to the negligence of the store manager, and rude employees, other than that serving customers wasn't difficult at all, but if your not watching the merchandise, it is easily stolen.
Pros
co workers were alright
Cons
not enough hours and to much disrespect
fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON19 January 2017
staff make it a relaxing and fun environment to work in, managment is very easy going and supportive and make you feel liek you fit in really quickly, also very understanding.
fun work place.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 December 2016
I had a blast working for fossil. they have good quality of products. enjoyed all the benefit's. I loved to learn about all the different stories behind all the watches.
Pros
watches
Cons
managers
What I learned
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON24 November 2016
I learned a lot by working at Fossil Inc. Watch Station.
I was able to change links on watches, which I had never learned before, and the managers had taken enough time to teach new associates how to properly do the procedure.
I also learned key demands on how to properly sell watches, that we must use to successfully close sales.
Pros
welcoming environment
Cons
closing shifts were long and long periods of standing
General Manager Premier Location (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON16 November 2016
Great place to work. Customers are loyal and always friendly.
Best part of working here is the great products. Lots of value for money.
Will be back to do my christmas shopping for sure.
Fun, quick paced, work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, ON7 November 2016
Fossil is a good company to work for they provide you with lots of support on how to sell their products. I liked the atmosphere everyday it was always positive and a happy place to go. At times it was stressful when trying to keep up to your numbers at times because the expected was not always reasonable.
Pros
Good co-workers, Supportive management
Cons
Long hours, lots of pressure, high stress
Fun and energetic
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 November 2016
Fossil offers a fun and energetic place to work, with intuitive training and great personal fossil truly makes a great career choice.
Pros
50% off at the store
Cons
long hours on your feet
OK job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 October 2016
Hours were short, and you must have weekend availability.

Pay was low, and you were required to reach your individual sales target.

Only good thing is you get huge discounts on the watches and bags.

Also good for those who are still in school, but want to make a bit of money on the side.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Short hours, individual sales target, weekly performance report
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON20 September 2016
As a part-time Sales Associate at Fossil Group Inc., my typical day is that providing customer need-base advice timely, acheving my daily sales goals, arranging dispaly cabinet and so on. It is really nice to work with my co-workers and management group in Fossil store at Niagara-on-the-lake outlet collection mall because they always give me support especially my manager who always encourage and support my work. I learned lots from this dynamic team and this job also strengthen my sales skill, customers skills and teamwork. Even though the time for closing at the end of day is a little bit long, the whole team still try their best to make everything perfect like clearing and organize the display cabinets well prepared for the next day opening.
Pros
flexible schedule, supportive management
Cons
no commission
Negative environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 September 2016
Management at the time was not up to standard. We were placed under the illusion of being on commission, with targets but were not given any incentive to meet these besides management giving us long negative conversations.
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Terrible management
Leather Specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON9 August 2016
Sales goals were given to all associates and goals were meant to be met each shift. If not management would be very upset and number of sales reflected on our hours as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fossil. Our community is ready to answer.