Fossil

Fossil Employee Reviews

Canada116 reviews
I loved working here seasonally. very fun place to work and awesome people and management. can get busy at certain times but I love watches and this being something I enjoy made it more fun for me.
Great company with an amazing product. Not a lot of training for Store Managers and very little to no support once you are in the role. They have changed a lot since I left and the store volume is lower so it may be very different now. The product is high quality and the hours to schedule the staff were high so it meant I could have a staff of 45. This helped a lot when we had a packed store for the first three years it was open. High volume back then.
Pros
Great pay, hours and store location.
Cons
Little support for Store Managers and training
Some leaders are so young they care more about being friends with the employees then they do about running a successful business. Work can be fun without sacrificing
Best job to possible work at as a teenager. Teaches you how to have patients and people skills. The energy in the workplace is lively and always a good time. Enjoy working there.
If you like working hard for almost nothing and no commission, apply here. Worst job I ever had, is very stressful. The motivation for making sales is job security, which makes every day a desperate attempt to suck money out of innocent people
Great job for those with great people skills, talking to a lot of people and making small talk in one shift/day. Can be both very busy or waiting for customers to come in for a while, really busy during any holidays. Mall oriented.
Un trabajo ideal mientras hago mis estudios. La empresa respeta mis necesidades de estudios.
Pros
adquiro experiencia
Cons
salario
Manager très sympas, prend soin de ses employés et très à l'écoute (Merci Betty). Formation en continue avec les Keyholders. Une équipe sympas sans compétition (absence de prime).
Training there is very informative so by the time you're on your own you're pretty well prepared to take on most tasks - coworkers are extremely nice as well and understanding if you need help as well. Store management is very understanding and cool, however head office can be a little yikes. There will be bursts of business throughout the day, but on your downtime expect to be organizing bags/under-stock/displays. Also, expect about 10-15 hours a week if you're not full time (which you likely won't be) and about 4-9 hours if you're particularly bad at selling.
not sure why youre asking me to write this review
typical day at work

what you learned

management

workplace culture

hardest part of the job

most enjoyable part of the job
On se tire toujours les uns et les autres vers le haut, en équipe.
Worked there for a year and some, liked the culture and the product. It's competitive but in a good way in that you wont get fired if you dont meet your sales goal but you will be encouraged to meet it and taught and develop skills to meet it
Pros
Discount
not very busy.
multiple associates would be called in on slow days for 8-hour shifts and sent home after 3 or 4 hours during christmas time (multiple times during the week) due to the store not making up to their hourly sales goals.

every single thing has to be approved by the store manager, no other manager has any authority.
Pros
flexible with school and other jobs
Cons
super short shifts
Nice mamagement. Willing to try ideas from staff. Flexible work-life balance. Wants to see staff advance. However often a strugfle to find hours and keep staff onboard
Pros
Cons
Head office
the manager at the time would only have two people working on the sales floor and she wouldn't even let you go to the washroom even if you really needed to.
Love working at Fossil.

Manager is friendly and the company culture is all about putting our best foot forward. Learned way more than i could ever imagine.

Will always have a place in my heart.
Pros
Pay increase if targets are met, great management for western canada, great training program
Cons
The basic retail cons - evenings and weekends, hours, no benefits unless full time, etc
-La direction n'est pas flexible
-Mauvaise relation employeur/ employer

-Peu d'heures à donner

-Organisation douteuse
Overall, a fun and fast paced environment that requires employees to reach sales target and create a connection with guests to assist them in choosing the ideal product. Focus on KPIs (sales per hour, average dollar sales and items sold per customer). Great working environment overall and fun atmosphere.
Great management as well as training. Great in terms of learning how to provide great customer service as well as employee benefits when it comes to purchasing product. Obtained knowledge on how to enhance my customer-service skills in terms of sales and budgeting.
Fossil offers great salaries and benefits. The leaders excelled at what they do and mentored new employees. We were given a lot of flexibility to do what needed to be done to achieve goals in our district
Pros
salary
Cons
working here, I found that it was very diverse in age and colour, however there is a lot of favouritism . everyone will help you to a certain extent. newbies weren't allowed to be helped