Fossil Group

Fossil Group Employee Reviews

Canada17 reviews
Fossil is the ideal job for students, it's slow paced and flexible with a relaxed dress code. Not many benefits or advancement opportunities available though. Mostly looking for part time availabilities so not many opportunities for full time employment.
Typical retail job, the SM had favorites, didn't give recognition, and took credit for ideas and work achieved.
Find educated Store Managers for your stores Fossil. Someone with leadership skills, not just someone who you promoted from within out of convenience.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
Unskilled and umprofessional store leadership
amazing place to work, amazing management and team environment. staff is very close. great discounts, good hours, easy to get time off when needed. highly recommend
I have been working just part time in Vancouver and so far It's awesome. The manager and in general your co workers are very friendly and collaborative.
on m'a promis pleins de choses lors de l'embauche sur mon avenir , rien ne sait produit.
Great values and culture. Good compensation, lots of great incentives. Sales expectations can be difficult to meet due to the high volume of customers coming in with warranty repairs, troubleshooting needs and battery replacements in watches
I loved the product at the store I worked at, but my manager consistently kept breaking the rules by coming in 3-5 hours late for her shifts everyday. When I reported her to HR it was only two weeks before I was let go without reason except for it was in my three months and they legally are allowed to.

I was consistently in the top 3 for sales in my store and top 10 for assistant managers in our district so my performance was above expectations yet I was still let go. I had super high hopes for this job and I felt like the manager didn’t bother to give me a chance because I wouldn’t let her come in late like she used to. If there were any performance issues my manager never once pulled me aside to address them so I was completely blindsided.

In my time there I also witnessed my manager hire two external candidates to fill keyholder positions when we had people on our team that were there over 5 years. They don’t care about their employees or providing them with any job advancement.

This company will burn you for trying to follow the rules, won’t provide you with any job advancement, and expect zero communication from your manager.
Pros
decent benefits, good employee discounts
Cons
Unclear expectations, poor communication with management, immature management, No career advancement
The team I worked with was great spent a long time with this company but management just turned the place into a wrestling match. Management is terrible. Job security is 100% won't get fired won't get laid off cause they can't find anyone to work for them.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Discount is garbage, management, no moving up in comapny
It was an fruitful experience. I learned a lot, grew a lot. And now I am at a different point in my life. I will remember my time there for a very long time
Very good place to work at. Absolutely amazing management as well as crazy worker discounts which include 50% and 70% twice a month. People are encouraging as well.
I loved the team and management. Great product. The culture makes for team work and a happy place to work. The management kept things fun and upbeat while having us still work hard.
Pros
great culture, product and management
Cons
only seasonal
a friendly environment with good management team and excellent benefits. There is room to move up within the company and the growth is always welcome!
Pros
benefits, location, flexible hours, vacation time, good pay
Cons
Amazing company not only with the management but also with the everyone from the top to the bottom. Nothing bad to say, just a great place to work. Everyone helps you in any way then can which is a wonderful feeling.
A great company that really cares about its employees and treats them very well. Although the hours are sometimes strange, the benefits certainly make up for it
Great place to build skills and experience. I really enjoy the job, however I would not reccomend the company for others looking for a career in retail.
A typical day at work is mostly up to you - your attitude and conversational skills will drive sales. Busy times, such as Christmas, you will have to help multiple customers out at the same time. I learned every detail of watches and an intro into actual watch making. Most co-workers turned into friends and managment felt like family. The hardest part of the job is pushing for a sale when you need it the most. The most enjoyable part of the job is just creating a friendly, energetic, and fun environment for your team and customers.
Pros
Discount, Good Environment
Cons
Shortage of hours, pay
It is a very high-end brand that was established in Texas, US.
The branch at Halifax( where I worked) is actually the highest performing store in North America hence has very high standards.

They expect alot from the employees. There are sales goals even though the job is not commission based and sometimes you may feel a little tensed having to go through evaluations all the time.

I loved to work around watches! Thats a great part of the job.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Extensive customer service, against some people's liking