Fortis BC

Fortis BC Employee Reviews in Burnaby, BC

FortisBC is a utility so the company structure is hierarchical. Coworkers are supportive and overall culture is relaxed. The company takes good care of employees.
Team managers are very rude, gossipy and bullying employees. You are watched every second, micromanaged to the point they time your washroom breaks, if you go three times they pull you in and give you the 3rd degree and warnings. Graveyard shifts are forced upon you. If you call in sick or are 1min late they call you into a union meeting and insult you.The union is not in the employee side it’s in the management side, you will not be supported by the union. The worst place I ever worked.
Pros
Retirement Benefit only.
Cons
Graveyard. Favouritism. Childish management
I enjoy the pay and benefits; however, middle management in Logistics is uneducated, unqualified, and ignores complaints of bullying and harassment. FortisBC is the classic case of the most senior workers being promoted to middle management, as if those two skill sets are the same.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
Toxic Working Environment
Varied positions. Good team atmosphere. You can be part of a group or work on your own. Generally, lots of availabilities. Very safety conscious company. This is a union environment with 2 unions and Management represented.
Pros
Benefits, general atmosphere, Employee / public safety.
Cons
Some positions do require exceedingly long hours.
A bunch of immature managers that think they own Fortis. They all working to make someone's dream come true. They'd make up stories, instead of getting facts right. A total waste of time working there.
The management made the environment seem fun when the contact center in Burnaby was first established. The company had promises and exciting incentives for the employees. Things quickly went sour and the billing floor began to feel like a sweat factory. There were always eyes on you and questioning when you were in the washroom for "longer than expected" periods of time.
The job can be challenging but that is what I like about it; unfortunately for me it is quite a ways from home and I spend too much time in traffic and spend too much money on gas
I served FortisBC for some of the best 5 years of my life. They offer a good work/life balance, very competitive wages and world class training for both front and back office. There is a lot of opportunity for advancement if you prove yourself. A great company to work for if you can get your foot in the door!
Pros
Free lunches, team building, great employee support
Cons
N/a
Decent salary and co-workers, but extremely mismanaged with a lack of direction. No opportunities and multiple unions which make it hard to move around.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Egos
Great work place that provides good work/life balance. The most enjoyable part of the job was reporting to the VP, who was a great mentor. I learned a lot from him, as he provided guidance and feedback.
Manage a team of 14 representatives. Coach and develop them, while also dealing with inbound customer service calls and inquiries.
I would not recommend this job. Hours change drastically after being hired to include midnight shifts. Your shifts can change daily as a temp. Your life revolves around work.
Pros
Cons
constant changing hours, vacations not approved
Many good opportunities within the company. Excellent people to work with. Unfortunate budget restrictions. While I was with Fortis I had many challenging roles and I found it to be a very pleasant experience.
Poor or bad management Great co-workers No opportunities for advancement
Pros
New clean office
Cons
poor management
Great training and management, limited opportunities for growth.
Cons
Terrible hours
FortisBC is a very good company that you can hone your skills and talent. Its a company to consider for personal and professional growth as management will help you to the best of their ability to achieve your goals.FortisBC promotes fair and light working atmosphere and its prevalent on the results each and every employee put out.
Everyday is different, various projects on the go and fast pace environment.Learned a lot about the utility industry.My manager is great and has been very supportive on development of this role. Our team is a fantastic team to work for, everyone is very open, helpful and couldn't ask for a better team.