Fortinos
Happiness score is 51 out of 100

Fortinos Employee Reviews

fun workplace and good hours

Great co workers and made friends quickly but long hours and could not take much time off without management having an issue with it. Not the greatest experience.

Awful place to work

Worked here part time in high school very depressing atmosphere. Everyone in management has a depressing story why they’re stuck there working at Fortino‘s for the rest of there life get treated like garbage definitely don’t recommend working here

Great place

I worked there for 10 months and it was a great time! I only left because I wanted a switch up with the type of work that I was doing. Perfect for students or anyone looking to make some easy money. Very friendly staff as well which makes the work environment that much better !

Pros

Good breaks, Easy work

Cons

No cons.

Poor Management / Dundas & Appleby Line Store

The management, particularly in the meat department, is very unprofessional. If you tell them you can't work a specific day, they schedule you for that day even if given plenty of notice. Management berates employees in front of customers and speaks terribly to staff. Never gives positive feedback and looks down on students. Not a good experience at all.

Pros

Cons

Terrible management, no employee discounts, long hours and no appreciation for hard working employees.

Asked more than what they can pay

The work is exhausting as you have to move non-stop for 8 hours. The manager is a nice person but she doesn't know about leadership. This makes the whole working environment could be very stressful sometimes.

Pros

Cons

Stress, Exhausted, Bad management

Night shift at dundurn was horrible

Horrible experience all around. Management plays favoritism and they don't even hide it. They are ok for a quick pay cheque but be expected to be spoken to like your garbage and expect to have no work-life balance. The co workers are solid but the turn around rate is insane so you'll constantly see new faces come and go.

Pros

Lots of hours at times (sometimes too much) and co workers are solid

Cons

Management, Expectations, Pay wage, Mice on the shelves.... i can go on all day.

good workplace

great place to work. not offering a full time. great management. low pay. good as a first job. I would recommend this job for students its a flexible schedule

Fun place to work

I had a great experience working at Fortinos. I wish to work again at certain stores that the parent company Loblaws owns. It is a great store to work at.

not the best place

At first everything was okay to be honest but then after working there for a couple months I was starting to realize how poorly the management is there. Like this one day I had a shift and a couple hours before my shift started I ended up in the hospital and when I called in saying I couldn't make it they didn't care at all, all they said to me was that they have a business to run and got really mad at me. Like they gave me this whole talk about not showing to my shift, like I'm sorry I was in the hospital.

Pros

sometimes free food in break room

Cons

terrible hours and management

Room to grow

Good place to work with chances for advancement if people are interested in growing with the company. Managers are knowlegable and willing to help employees reach their full potential.

working

one of the worse places you could ever work, will never go back there in a million year because the work place and people are just really rude and disrespectful to others

Pros

norhin

Cons

not enough hours

terrible

i wouldn’t recommend working here to my worst enemy. it is horrible the managers are terrible and think that they can get away with anything and when you talk to someone higher up nothing changes

Cons

everything

It’s okay as a first job

Working at fortinos is good as a first job, but after a while you get tired of it, some managers are nice, coworkers were nice, though all of people did agree with me when we got the feeling that cashiers think they’re better than everyone

Poor Management/ No security

Fortinos is a horrible place to work. The management makes bias opinions and there is no work-life balance especially when working in PC express. It is the most toxic work environment I’ve been in. Making a request for a day off nor your availability will be respected. When loading vehicles in the PC express department there is no security as you’re expected to go out in lightning/thunder storms. Overall it is an unsafe, toxic, and degrading environment.

Pros

Discount

Cons

No work life balance/ poor management/ no security

decent place of work.

Working here offered good friendships with some great people. The work itself is usually fast paced especially during lunch and dinner, so one would have to adjust to that environment. One major negative takeaway is that the prepared food is thrown out at the end of every day even if it was never touched or used. Would be great if they had a food donating program where the hot meals could go to people in need at the end of the day. Management was ok. Good place to work if you're a student, and possibly long term if you're planning to go into management at some point in your career.

Pros

Learning new skills, family like work environment.

How do i give less than one star

Treats hard-working employees poorly. Expects you to go way above and beyond for a minimum wage. No chance to move up in company unless the managers like you. Overall an awful place to work, will literally suck all the life out of you.

Pros

Part time staff are usually pretty nice

Cons

Upper management is awful, very clearly play favorites, cliquey, don't get paid enough for the work that you are expected to do

Waste of time

I worked here for years, at first I really enjoyed it but as the years passed by I realized how unhappy working here made me. Management doesn’t care about you and can be really cruel, very hard to advance in career. Franchisee opens up full time positions but ultimately brings people over from his previous store. The benefits are decent but considering how much the store makes a week alone, they could give you a lot more. They do not care about mental health and will bully you if you call in. I was rushed to the emergency room and when I was home and able to call I was yelled at by a former manager. Managers will also hide in the cash office for 45 minutes to an hour, multiple times daily. It’s fine working her for a short period but try to get out as soon as possible.

Pros

Benefits are decent

Cons

Great coworkers, relatively easy tasks, very repetitive

This was my first real job, and it was fantastic for gaining experience. I worked there for 2.5 years. I gained a lot of experience in customer service, supervising etc. Overall, I had a great time; coworkers were friendly, management was good, and there were several really nice customers. The cons would be having to scan groceries for 8.5 hours. It was fun at first but got repetitive very quickly. Luckily, I was able to move up in the department and get trained in different things, which helped keep me busy. However, if you're stuck just scanning groceries, it gets old quickly. That being said, it is a perfect job for someone who needs job experience. It is perfect for high schoolers looking for a first job because there are lots of people your age, you get experience dealing with customers, and sometimes there is a chance to move up in the department and become a shift supervisor.

Pros

Good coworkers, gained experience

Cons

repetitive

un apreciated

fortinos pays well but you are more a number then a person,, you are exspected to put in a lot of overtime with no notice, and to many tasks with very little help, would always get a text to come in early about 2 hours before my shift .i was in meat department which was very busy .at fortinos you are ONLY a number.

Pros

good pay and nice co workers

Cons

no life/unorganized/unapreciated

It was okay

It was fun but the management wasn’t amazing and they need email scheduling asap! Everyone i worked with was nice but i got sick and i felt like i wasn’t being believed and i ended up now having a heart issue. Overall great first job

Pros

Nice workers

Fun

Overall it’s a really good starting job for new learners who are starting as their first job. The people are really nice can be stressful but after a day of work u feel good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fortinos. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement