Fortinos Employee Reviews

Good work atmosphere and ability to move up
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON14 February 2019
I learned how to deal with all different kinds of workers. The management was very friendly and helpful. The hardest part about the job would have been dealing with extra difficult customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people you were able to work with and the customers.
Pros
great thanksgiving buffets, christmas parties, etc
Cons
Good learning experience but it couldve been better
Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON12 February 2019
first time I worked within a union, i like how they tried to keep the quality of their products, very nice staff but sometimes they kept some weak workers that affected the staff performance, or throwing out bread that could be given to customers... i feel the company could do a lot more to give back to the community.
good student part time job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 February 2019
I have worked at this store for 2+ years and have not had any advancement. Management says that everything is by seniority but that is not the case at all. They won't let people to take your shift unless it is in order of seniority but other tasks that should be in order of seniority is not. For example doing self-check out/customer service and daily tasks that need to be completed some people that have been hired after get trained for those tasks which is very unfair especially when management tells you that you are going to do it. Bad unsteady hours , and very long days if you have an 8 hour shift be prepared to stand for hours on end and not be able to move. Those are the only down sides of the job, you can make great friends and meet great people whether is be customers or co workers. Everyone seems to help each other which is nice but have been trying to find a new job because I am not happy at this company.
Pros
breaks, meet new people, friendly staff
Cons
rude customers, bad hours
friendly environnment , very productive
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 February 2019
my day was Greeting customers and informing them on any new deals of the week along with encouraging them to be a loyal customer through a membership card. Answered any inquires and scanned, bagged all groceries while also reconciling receipts with cash.
Productive and fun
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 February 2019
-I learned time management
-Nice people and customers
-I learned to solve conflicts with customers
-Enjoyed tasks
-Fast paced
-Managed school and work
Productive and interesting work place
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 February 2019
full timers taught me to properly organize the cooler when warehouse/burnac arrives
Quality and quantity control for products
Use periscope for reduced items
Pros
Free lunches, summer bbq
Cons
Stay late past closing hours
Fortinos
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 January 2019
High pace work environment with fair wages, benefits, and flexibility for their workers. I would highly recommend this company so close family and friends.
Good Place To Work
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON10 January 2019
Depending on Department Work cane be tedious but very easy once you get the hang of it. Learned great customer service skills, as well as form great relationships with both staff and customers.
Fun Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON7 January 2019
Deal with customers on a regular basis. Work in a group environment. Learned to evaluate customer needs and recommend products based on their needs. Hardest part is to handle customer complaints in a professional manner.
Good place to start working for part time students.
Fish Clerk (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON6 January 2019
Part-time job that helped put me through university. They were accommodating with my university schedule. Good place to start working for part time students. Now looking for full-time employment.
Good
Part Time Carvery (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 January 2019
Good place to work at. Benefits are nice and job security is guaranteed because of the union. Hours are good and accommodating! Sometimes customers can be rude but retail's always like that. Would recommend
Customer service
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 January 2019
I loved working at Fortinos. I worked there part-time during my last two semesters of college and the balance was great! The overall environment was excellent.
Easy going good environment
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON28 December 2018
Good overall workplace, just have to make sure to stay on top of things. Pay is minimum but they offer benefits to employees who have been there longer than 3 months.
Fun
Seafood Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON26 December 2018
A good atmosphere, and the job is not to overwhelming. As a first job, it serviced me and taught me a lot about the work force. The people are easy to deal with, and overall, the job can be very flexible
Educational and Inviting place to work
Salad Bar Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON18 December 2018
Great people made the work environment very relaxing, and the management was great. Customers were great to interact with. Everything was just great you know.
Pros
comfortable environment
Cons
barely any hours
Busy and Fast-paced Workplace
Pizza/Bread Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 December 2018
Always lots to be done, lots of shifts to be picked up, and shifts go by quickly because there's always more work to be done. Must be able to lift heavy things and deal with a lot of customers,
Pros
half off glasses, occasional free meals, mall discounts
Cons
Short staffed
Good if looking for a minimum wage job
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 December 2018
Polite and caring staff with all around good management. Flexible Hours as well as good benefits.I worked there for a few years and the people you meet are actually pretty fun to be around.
Pros
People and flexible hours
Cons
minimum wage
amazing management
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON4 December 2018
The experience was very short because I gave up the job when I realized that between one shift and the other I had less than 6 hours to sleep, having 8 hours of difference between one shift and the other would be impossible for me to follow these rhythms of work and rest, stress accumulates quickly and fatigue compromises the productivity and the psychosomatic balance of workers and being a physical job a position in the bakery work is very hard constantly moving the kilos of dough during the phases of cutting and cooking.
Personally, I know that at these conditions of work I can not guarantee to be a good employee for the company and I have therefore decided to renounce the position.
For me the downside in my experience at fresh bread was the shift, for the rest, I have only positive experiences of a beautiful team!
The pizza bread manager is an excellent teacher and with her, you can learn quickly how to work in the processing and final baking of bread making.
The manager's passion for baking is a beautiful gift that encourages you to work well and to continue learning.
For me it was a wonderful experience in Fortinos, I hope to find another nice working group like the one I left behind.
Other plus points are benefits and a fast career at a multinational such as Loblaw in the Fortinos supermarkets.

Good luck to all.
Enjoyable work, flexible hours.
rotisserie employee (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON20 November 2018
Great co-workers made every shift enjoyable and something to look forward to. I had gotten extra shifts in other departments which helped me gain more knowledge of the store.
Fun environment
DELI WORKER (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 November 2018
The customers are all nice, especially the staff and management. I always feel welcomed when I show up for my shift, or even if I just come to visit. I really like the people there, it makes it a better atmosphere.