Fortinos Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
Deli Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 September 2018
Fortinos is a wonderful place to work. Unionized as well as the work environment itself is awesome makes this an excellent place to work. Family owned and once you're part of the team you too can be part of the family.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Standing all shift
Enjoyed working with staff and for customers
Baurrista (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 September 2018
I enjoyed learning how to make different type of drinks, food and serving customers. It was a referring day everyday for me. One thing i must say i was not pleased with my manager for the department i was working in she was very unprofessional resulting me to leave.
Productive and skill building workplace
Café Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 September 2018
Typical Day:
Since I mostly worked day & closing shifts, I got to become very familiar with how the work setting becomes during specific times. It mostly starts with making sure everything is stocked up and displayed in a clean way, then it's just a matter of completing tasks so the next morning can run smoothly. The job always keeps me productive and constantly completing tasks, which I find helped me further my skill set greatly.
Pros
Great first job experience, tons of customer interaction which further improved my interpersonal skills
Cons
Ok to work at if you are in school
Assistant Manager to the Café department (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 August 2018
The place it self is ok to work at if you are in school or looking for a part time. The management is very uptight and always stressing out. Mix of culture.
best job ive had yet
clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 August 2018
my time at fortinos was great!

your co-workers are the nicest ive ever come across and my manager was like family

in my time at fortinos I have made some life long relationships so much so that I still go back and visit quite often

I worked majority hot foods department so my workload consisted of:
mild heavy lifting, stocking the fridge, preparing roast chickens and salads, cooking with the fryer as well as serving customers and working cash.

the hardest part of this job would be taking the roast chickens out of the oven besides that its an excellent job!
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
heavy lifing
Baker (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON20 August 2018
Some work days were busy and others not so much.
I asked for full time hours I got those for a few weeks then switched me to part-time hours without my consent and didn't workout for me as I am looking for full-time work so I am able to get back to school and support myself.
fun place
Lot attendant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON16 August 2018
I worked at Fortino's for only a few months. I was a lot attendant. I was working in the winter, in the snow so it was very challenging. I like the people I worked with, but would have liked to have more interaction with customers.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
working in the snow
Decent place to work at. Random shifts
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Highway 10 & Bovaird15 August 2018
As a bakery clerk my main job was to prep for the next day so I panned up pastries, croissants, muffins etc. The job was really easy and repetitive so I usually finished before my shift ended. Often managers would come last minute and give me a job to do which was annoying.

Asked for more hours and never got it. Typically worked 4-5 hour shifts which I disliked. Managers really just did their own thing and the closing shifts always slacked off so we had to pick up for them. It was just embarrassing.

Managers would also expect you to do a job out of your position if you had the skills for it but not pay you for said position.

The coworkers were great though. Very nice.
Pros
Early morning shifts. Coworkers
Cons
No discounts. Short staffed
Great first job
Carvery worker (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON10 August 2018
Fotinos was a great first job for me. The management can be sometimes rude and unfair. Prepare to work hard and clean lots. The hours are very promising if you are a good employee and get breaks and lunches.
Pros
people
Cons
time
Awful place to work for
Deli clerk (Former Employee) –  2515 Appleby Line, Burlington ON10 August 2018
Managers make the part timers do all their jobs/ duties. Unrealistic expectations for customer service. The franchise doesn’t care about the employees
Pros
Break every 2 hours
Cons
Long hours/ doing work of full timers and making minimum wage
horrible place to work at
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 August 2018
Fortinos is one of the worst places to work at, no one cares about your well being. The manager of deli talks bad about the employees and is just unfair and rude. She will favourite certain staff and give them the best shifts. It’s dirty and she doesn’t throw out expired food she will put it on sale and still sell it, she also doesn’t throw away food if it has fallen on the floor or if it had mold, she will simply cut it off. This was the worst places i have ever worked at. (60 Quarry edge, brampton)
Cons
horrible manager
Good entry level work
Part-Time Pizza/Bread Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 August 2018
A good atmosphere, and the job is not to overwhelming. As a first job, it serviced me and taught me a lot about the work force. The people are easy to deal with, and overall, the job can be very flexible.
Fortinos
Staff (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 August 2018
This is one of the worst companies to work for. They don't care about you, you get no benefits or discounts, inflexible work scheduling and overall, it was a bad work experience. do not work here.
Pros
no pros
Professional
Chill and grill clerk (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 August 2018
Honestly loved working here until I realized that management unprofessional
My department manager was amazing but the upper management does not appreciate the lower employees what so ever
Over worked and under paid
Good work environment
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON1 August 2018
Fortinos is a great place to work. Everyone is welcoming. Competitive hours. issues that ultimately led to termination weren't regularly being brought up, despite claims otherwise.
Pros
positive environment
Cons
no ongoing improvement tips
NIce stuff
assistant Fish clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON30 July 2018
Decent place to work at but no one works too hard chill atmosphere with pretentious like customers which could be said for all of oakville however providing service is fairly mundane and relaxing
Department Manager
Department manager (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON24 July 2018
Fortinos is a great company, but it all depends who your franchisee is, and mine was not a great one. Refused to listen to ideas, and didn’t matter how well your department performed, it was never good enough.
Pros
Creating own schedule
Cons
Long hours, no overtime, every weekend
great job.
Dairy clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 July 2018
great job, extremely fun, great customers as well as staff. every is is nice and helpful. its definitely one of the best jobs I've had.ive learnt alot
Rude and racist Managers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON19 July 2018
Not a day would go by in the workplace without the manager saying offensive language to an employee. Since all the workers were students they were treated really wrong and taken advantage of. In Rotisserie we had to serve customers, work the cash register and prepare meals. Most enjoyable part was when I worked with the nice coworkers who did not deserve the discrimination they got.
Pros
15 minute break
Cons
no discounts, terrible wages
Worst Place to Work
Bakert Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 July 2018
They overwork us. Management doesn't listen to our opinions. Management always goes back on agreements previously made. They make me do a higher level job for no increase in pay. Didn't teach me how to ice cakes, but because I can they make me do it all the time and expect it from me.

The coworkers are nice though.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Long hours with no break, Understaffed