Fortinos Employee Reviews

Rude and racist Managers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON19 July 2018
Not a day would go by in the workplace without the manager saying offensive language to an employee. Since all the workers were students they were treated really wrong and taken advantage of. In Rotisserie we had to serve customers, work the cash register and prepare meals. Most enjoyable part was when I worked with the nice coworkers who did not deserve the discrimination they got.
Pros
15 minute break
Cons
no discounts, terrible wages
Worst Place to Work
Bakert Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 July 2018
They overwork us. Management doesn't listen to our opinions. Management always goes back on agreements previously made. They make me do a higher level job for no increase in pay. Didn't teach me how to ice cakes, but because I can they make me do it all the time and expect it from me.

The coworkers are nice though.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Long hours with no break, Understaffed
Busy
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON7 July 2018
A typical day as a night man is you gotta do all the garbages entrances, chrome bins and I always shine it up.
Food court
Lot pick up
Minor repairs
Water testing and logging
Checking for leaks
Reporting major maintenance problems to area management
Pros
Money
Cons
Everyone expects too much from Maintenance
Labourer
Manual Labourer/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Rexdale, Ont5 July 2018
Able to perform cleaning related duties in one of the most popular Cities in Canada
Hardest part of my job was cleaning pots and pans
Best part was the ability to shop at the store before it opens to the public
Worst Place to Work
Bakert Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 June 2018

The coworkers are nice though.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Long hours with no break, Understaffed
Great work environment for new workers/high school students
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 June 2018
I began at Fortinos when i was just 18 and leaving highschool. I thought it would be hard to balance work and school all at the same time, but the second i raised my concern to managers, they enouragd me not to be stresses, and offered me the best hours to accomodate both. i made lifelong friends, and honestly would not have left, had it been for career advancement of my own.
Pros
Clean, safe environment
Cons
(too) busy during holidays/ under staffed
Growth
Pizza & Bread Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON19 June 2018
great workplace , very professional, amazing management team.
learned more in depth about the business, how to control shirk, labor and food cost. Fun atmosphere very positive. Serve the best product , and great hospitality. service with the heart.
Decent workplace
Part-time Cashier/Bakery Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 June 2018
Gain much experience and most staff members are all nice. Not much room for advancement based on your skin colour. No discount items at all for staff members and customers can be iffy(as always).
nice people, very dedicated to their work
Fortinos (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 June 2018
it was a fast pace environment, a lot of friendly people and one thing I really enjoyed is the fact that i was always busy and something new always had to be done.
Management Issues Aplenty
Full Time Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON13 June 2018
Decent company with superb pay and benefits for a retail environment. Sadly, Management is over-staffed and they don't accomplish much beyond brief discussion of sales figures.

Too many coffee breaks and extended downtime conversations while the staff runs with too few hours to accomplish production goals.

Nepotism also plays a major role as family and friends of the top brass will be given consideration over actual achievements or knowledge.

Staff morale at all time low as cuts to programs and staff functions take over to counter the minimum wage hike in Ontario. The bosses need to make their bonuses, so the staff pays the price. As an example, staff Christmas parties have been cancelled indefinitely company wide. No cost of living wage increases in the union collective agreement. It's truly preposterous.
Pros
Indoors, friendly co-workers
Cons
No employee discount, management lazy, poor work-life balance
Not bad
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON12 June 2018
Management could be much better, pay is minimum wage but hours are generously given if you are a good worker, overall not exactly a job you would want to stick to, much better options if you search for them
Good company with great motives but lacks certain benefits8
Pizza cook/bread slicer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON11 June 2018
I enjoy fortinos because of the management but currently i am being shorted on my paychecks. I cannot continue to work here because the monetary gain is not enough and i feel like I'm being cheated out of my money.
Easy workplace
Flower Shop Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 May 2018
Nice customers, nice co workers. Managers O.K, more on the strict side. Uniform is uncomfortable but bearable. Usually pretty flexible with students or part time
they have a lunch lounge room
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  330 queesplate24 May 2018
its a very demanding job
management watches you very carefully
you have to bring a doctors note if you want to drink water on the job
you have to stand for long periods of time
15 min lunch breaks go by in like 5 mins because the store is to big
Pros
you can get short shifts
Cons
lunch breaks are not long enough
Overall Review
Cashier (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2018
Good for students, however, the hours are too little. The management is slightly inconsiderate of availabilities, and have been cutting hours and hiring more staff rather than providing hours for the current staff that matches their availabilities.
Fun
Assistant Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON12 May 2018
Great place to work as a young person. Lots of fun. Management was a bit old and stuck in their ways but otherwise easy to get along with. Would not return.
High maintenance work environment with picky customers
Barista (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON11 May 2018
Starting your shift to after it ends is go, go, go. Whether its serving customers in doing work for management you are non stop working. For the part-time/ full-time employees they are non stop fixing problems and going above and beyond for both the customers and management. The hard part is dealing with the customers, many who are regulars understand your job life and try to make it as easy as possible but other customers make sure that they get everything they need and try to make your day even more exhausting. Although this job is very exhausting for its employees the benefit is that your fellow colleagues become your friends and that's what makes working a little easier.
Pros
Make good friends
Cons
Tough customers
A day at Fortinos
Community Room (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 May 2018
A typical day at work would be coming in to the community room office, checking what event is going on that day, planning out what to do first, to set up the room or to go get there food order. Once that is completed Check phones messages, call customers back etc. Management is not bad, could be a bit better. Working with people from different countries is amazing so many friendly people who work at Fortinos. hardest part about the job would be doing something and getting distracted by another task that you can't forget to do right away and the most enjoyable part about the job is being able to interact with different kids adults every single day.
Pros
free staff luncheons
Cons
not enough hours
repetitive, but easy job.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON7 May 2018
- management doesnt interact with employees enough
- lots of drama and conflict with coworkers, depending on the location
- consistent hours, reliable schedule
- customers are usually nice
- working very repetitively is nice, no surprises.
- some fun work functions, unionized, some benefits, but no discount.
- they give you a coupon for a small birthday cake once a year, which is nice
Pros
free cake
Cons
questionable coworkers
chill workplace but managers sucked
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON4 May 2018
-assisted customers
-pushed carts
-helped managers with whatever they needed
-managers didn't know how to manage us
-work outside during winter/summer
-coworkers was only reason i stayed long