Fortinos

Fortinos Employee Reviews

Two closing shifts a week and work most weekends. My department is number one in the chain but we get no thanks or praise for our hard word and dedication. Management doesn’t care how you feel, they just want the job done. Employees get written up often in some departments and not at all in others. There’s no consistency and there’s nepotism. The benefits are good and better than most companies but the pay versus profit is disproportionate. There’s still a good balance between ethnic backgrounds and they do reflect the community. It has its pros and cons. If you’re a people person then you’ll love the clientele. It’s truly the best part of the job. You get to meet all walks of life. It’s a high end store and the standards are expectedly high. The food is good and I do love the people that I work with.
Pros
Good people work there
Cons
Rotating shifts, modest pay and little thanks.
all the coworkers there are very rude including the managers the employees set you up for failer and don’t help you at all and oh god forbid you have any questions or you’d like to double check because you will be fired for asking too many questions.
Pros
Literally nothing it’s a terrbible environment
Cons
I was a cashier the customers were great some had there moments,Liked doing the produce test weekly helps with knowing your produceThe hardest part of the job was working the self serve . It was the walking around constantly checking on the shopping carts it bothered my back
Fortinos is an okay place to work for experience however, this is not the place that you can feel proud of working. Management is very immature. They will make rude and disrespectful comments, they will not resolve a problem in the proper manner, and they rank you based on looks and appearance. Your co-workers are probably going to be some high school kids that are looking for drama instead of doing their jobs. Lastly, everyone has the “I don’t get paid enough for this” mind set and a very poor work ethic. (Please keep in mind that I am only speaking on the fortinos that I worked at, I have no information or any right to judge on the other fortinos)
Pros
Good food, flexible hours
Cons
Bad management, immature co workers
The employees are overworked and treated like a machine. They have no hours for the departments forcing employees to overwork to get the job done on time. The managers are so not understanding and their treatment to specific employees varies. It’s so different from being a customer of Fortinos vs. Being an employee. The only valuable thing I learn firm this job is how to multitask because that’s all we can do. We have to prep, make 27 salads, cook food, clean dishes, and serve customers all in the same time. The owner does not care about what we say. He just wants people to get work done no matter what the cost is.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Not understanding
Fortinos is ok for a part time job after school.Employees are protected by the union.Managers often must work extra hours for free and are not unionized.Overall, not a good place to work, unless you’re looking for a simple part-time job with no future.
Pros
Pay on Thursday.
Cons
The higher up you look, the less you wanna work there.
I paid more in the 2 years I worked here in union fees than I did in taxes. Union representatives are useless unless you suck at your job and then they will help keep you there. If you take pride in your work this is not the place for you
Pros
It’s really easy work
Cons
Only entitled to a 15 minute break for a 6 hour shift
Was a great first job. People were friendly, store was clean, management was respectful, hours were flexible and coworkers were A-W-E-S-O-M-E. Made some lifelong friends here. Pay sucks but that's expected.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
pay
OverallGreat place to work other than young managers being lazy and/or managers that hate to work. Promotions are cery quick and handed out like candy. Great hours, days and nights.
Enjoyed working there. For the most part the staff was great . If I ever had a problem there were no issues voicing any problems I had to my manager for Franchise
overall Fortinos was not an overly fun place to work. some of my coworkers were nice, but the tasks become very menial and repetitive. they switched management and it went downhill from there. my specific manager was lovely and the sweetest person ever.
Pros
good first job
Cons
labour instensive and high expectations of what can be doen in 4 hours
It was a friendly environment and if I had a issue I was able to go to management. They were accommodating with my schedule. And I seemed to have gotten along with all staff.
Pros
Flexibility on my schedule
Cons
No cons
Its a good company to work for ....its a good company its unionized after your 3months probation your in the union..they provide uniform ...There's not much more to say..its a family owned business, its very busy fast paced environment, the hours are very flexible
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
Talking about the main street fortinos, they treat their employees very bad. Specially the owner Lucy, she thinks employees are her house maids. She is very picky and rude to staffs specially to non-manager staffs. Which is sometimes frustrating and not acceptable. Very poorly paid and no benefits at all. Deducts money from your pay check by the name of an union thing. Ridiculous.
The Fortinos workplace is incredibly fast pace, and there is always lots to be done. I enjoyed the challenging aspects of the job as a dairy clerk, yet at times it was very demanding. I was also having a hard time getting hours as it is comprised of mostly part-time hours.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Not many hours
Fortinos was a great place to work at, they were flexible with hours and the management treats all employees fairly. It was never draining to go into work.
Management is horrible! Schedules are supposed to be up on Thursday but they never get in time so I could never plan out my week properly. The management does not care about seniority at all, all they care about is whoever brown noses the most. Overall, horrible management and workplace. I do not recommend!
Pros
it was close to home
Cons
the whole thing
Did Fortinos ever have a heart to begin with? This is what one would question after being employed there. When you first start working at 5111 New Street everything seems like your typical friendly store. Depending on which department you're in, you may have a friendly and dedicated manager or a disrespectful one. Either way, department managers are pressured from their boss to make the departments function in unacceptable, hostile and unmaintained environments. Employees are also subject to these conditions and are harassed by different levels of management for things that are out of their control. Employees quit often, are not given discounts, there are no Christmas parties or any celebration of any kind besides a charity BBQ which is not free for the employees either. The company seems to be run by nepotism, certain inner circle members are impervious to discipline of any kind and their union representatives seem scared to represent their fellow coworkers. The wage and benefits are none livable like most level entry jobs available today, however this employer refuses to reward loyalty, or show any special interest in hard working/dedicated employees and suggestions for improvement are ignored. From a customer point of view, the store is often out of stock of a lot of items, signs can be missing on products and food may be overcooked or expired. This store either needs to be closed or completely revamped with a new company that has a different outlook on proper customer service. I sincerely hope that things change for the better for the sake of the employees - more...
Pros
co-workers are friendly and supportive
Cons
hostile environment with a short tempered owner
Profits above all else! Nepotism rules in this organization The customer is merely a means to and end and not the end The laziest of managers work in this company and are related to the founder.
Pros
The money is good
Cons
impossible to get time off. Weak union.
For a part-time job, it is exactly what it is. Fast paced environment, generally everyone is friendly and collaborative. I enjoy the work environment. Not sure about job advancement as I am new here but hoping to grow
Working conditions were fine; the job itself was easy enough on a daily basis (but would get much more fast-paced and demanding during the weekend / holidays).
Pros
Friendly co-workers / manager - asking for days off or switching with someone was always easy
Cons
Same mundane tasks, deal with many unruly customers
  1. Employee reviews