Fortinos Employee Reviews

nice people, very dedicated to their work
Fortinos (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 June 2018
it was a fast pace environment, a lot of friendly people and one thing I really enjoyed is the fact that i was always busy and something new always had to be done.
Not bad
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON12 June 2018
Management could be much better, pay is minimum wage but hours are generously given if you are a good worker, overall not exactly a job you would want to stick to, much better options if you search for them
Good company with great motives but lacks certain benefits8
Pizza cook/bread slicer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON11 June 2018
I enjoy fortinos because of the management but currently i am being shorted on my paychecks. I cannot continue to work here because the monetary gain is not enough and i feel like I'm being cheated out of my money.
Easy workplace
Flower Shop Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 May 2018
Nice customers, nice co workers. Managers O.K, more on the strict side. Uniform is uncomfortable but bearable. Usually pretty flexible with students or part time
they have a lunch lounge room
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  330 queesplate24 May 2018
its a very demanding job
management watches you very carefully
you have to bring a doctors note if you want to drink water on the job
you have to stand for long periods of time
15 min lunch breaks go by in like 5 mins because the store is to big
Pros
you can get short shifts
Cons
lunch breaks are not long enough
Overall Review
Cashier (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2018
Good for students, however, the hours are too little. The management is slightly inconsiderate of availabilities, and have been cutting hours and hiring more staff rather than providing hours for the current staff that matches their availabilities.
Fun
Assistant Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON12 May 2018
Great place to work as a young person. Lots of fun. Management was a bit old and stuck in their ways but otherwise easy to get along with. Would not return.
High maintenance work environment with picky customers
Barista (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON11 May 2018
Starting your shift to after it ends is go, go, go. Whether its serving customers in doing work for management you are non stop working. For the part-time/ full-time employees they are non stop fixing problems and going above and beyond for both the customers and management. The hard part is dealing with the customers, many who are regulars understand your job life and try to make it as easy as possible but other customers make sure that they get everything they need and try to make your day even more exhausting. Although this job is very exhausting for its employees the benefit is that your fellow colleagues become your friends and that's what makes working a little easier.
Pros
Make good friends
Cons
Tough customers
A day at Fortinos
Community Room (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 May 2018
A typical day at work would be coming in to the community room office, checking what event is going on that day, planning out what to do first, to set up the room or to go get there food order. Once that is completed Check phones messages, call customers back etc. Management is not bad, could be a bit better. Working with people from different countries is amazing so many friendly people who work at Fortinos. hardest part about the job would be doing something and getting distracted by another task that you can't forget to do right away and the most enjoyable part about the job is being able to interact with different kids adults every single day.
Pros
free staff luncheons
Cons
not enough hours
repetitive, but easy job.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON7 May 2018
- management doesnt interact with employees enough
- lots of drama and conflict with coworkers, depending on the location
- consistent hours, reliable schedule
- customers are usually nice
- working very repetitively is nice, no surprises.
- some fun work functions, unionized, some benefits, but no discount.
- they give you a coupon for a small birthday cake once a year, which is nice
Pros
free cake
Cons
questionable coworkers
chill workplace but managers sucked
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON4 May 2018
-assisted customers
-pushed carts
-helped managers with whatever they needed
-managers didn't know how to manage us
-work outside during winter/summer
-coworkers was only reason i stayed long
Average day of service clerk
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 May 2018
Come into work, punch in, inform management that you had come in on time. Go to the cart garages and check in with your coworker(s) and begin working. Depending on how many coworkers are there on a given day or time would change if you had to take care of the whole store or just a portion of it. If the day was a slow one (generally weekdays in the summer) you would go in to help with returns or other odd jobs that management may have. When closing you would be in charge of emptying the cashier's garbage cans and collecting their mats at the end of the day. Then at the end of your shift you check in with management to let them know your leaving then go to check out.

There is not much to learn from working Service Clerk for most of the time your out collecting carts for the store. But on the odd chance the need you to do something inside or on a slow day there are things that one can pick up on. As mentioned before you would sometimes do returns that includes taking a cart of returned items and restocking them onto the shelves. Which is a job that one could move to later on. Another thing is that you are closely associated with the cashiers as they are both run by the same managers. If the managers like you one can move to being a cashier fairly easily.

Management is general nice and understanding but you will most likely not have much interaction with them as your unsupervised while do your work. Most of the time you will only see them if you did something wrong, they need something or you need something.

Culture at the job is good natured and friendly as it is the customer
  more... service division. The other Service Clerks were mostly nice guys that are easy to work with.

The hardest part of the job would be closing on busy days. As the last hours would involve taking care on the whole store by your self as management would only have one person working when there should be two working for the amount of work.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to have the freedom to do your job how you want so long as you get done safely and timely.
Pros
Fairly easy work
Cons
part time hours
Great Place to Start Out
Part-time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ON4 May 2018
I worked at Fortinos for 2 years and it was my very first job. I was a cashier and I ended up making some friends out of the customers that came through my line; some even followed me to my next part-time job.
The only problem I had with Fortinos is the lack of advancement. Most of the girls working cash moved up to customer service at one point. I asked my boss countless times to move me up to customer service and she said countless times, "I'll put you on the list" but people who had been there not as long as I were trained on customer service. I ended up doing cash and customer service in my next job and was quite good at it. I think if I was able to move up I wouldn't have quit. I also quit because 2 years of standing at a till checking people out is BORING.
Overall, Fortinos is a great company to start out at and they really do care about your safety and well-being while working.
Pros
Experience; Coworkers; Hours
Cons
Boring; A lot of Standing; No Advancement in Company
Great company
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 May 2018
Fortinos is a great company to work. Worked here as a Grocery Clerk. I learned quite a bit and it was a good first job. The experience you gain here is super.
Pros
Work Culture
Cons
Late Hours
nice workplace, mangers are very considerate
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON1 May 2018
Management was very kind but sometimes was all over all the place. Balancing the hours of work done and the time I had off was manageable as look as the managers new in advance that you wanted a specific date off.
Good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, BM1 May 2018
While working at fortinos, it was fast paced, the people were kind and the managers made sure i knew it was okay to go to them if i needed help during and after my training was done. I gained many skills while working here also, like interacting with customers, making sales, closing the department, cleaning the clothing tables on opening shifts, while cleaning and locking up the change rooms on closing shifts.
Pros
Customer interactions.
Engaging and enjoyable workplace with great customers, employees and managers alike.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 April 2018
My time at Fortinos has taught me many valuable skills through effective training programs by managers who know the industry. Not only has Fortinos helped me financially through my education, they have supported me and my goals by working with my schedule and providing me with valuable expierence I will take into my career. Fortinos treats it’s customers, employees and management as family by always looking out and supporting each other.
Pros
Home cooked Hoilday meals were provided every occasion for staff.
Cons
Limited full time posistions
A Typical Day at Work
Floral Student and Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maple, ON11 April 2018
Great staff in each department with friendly individuals. Most enjoyable is working with different cultures and building strong interpersonal relations.
Pros
good benefits
Fun and near the path i was taking
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON9 April 2018
This experience I will keep for a lifetime, it was fun and organized tasks every day. Meeting new people every day. As well as it was a creative space that you met new people.
Fortinos in a nutshell
Baker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON5 April 2018
On a typical day, the workload would be heavy due to the fact that you are usually understaffed. In my experience, so rarely did I find myself not overwhelmed in the fast pace and high standard.