Fort Mckay Group of Companies LP

Fort Mckay Group of Companies LP Employee Reviews for Laborer

Good Pay
This is a good job if you are starting out. Moving up within the company is difficult but with the right attitude not impossible. Management does not micromanage which is nice and they trust their employees to be doing the job they are hired for.
I enjoy the work and the people
Its a great company to work for, I really enjoy the people, the shift was long, 7 on 7 off, 12 hour shifts, I’m looking for a change for the site life.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Long longs
Productive and busy
you start with a Toolbox talk, get your task for the day. I learned how to place Geo grid, comy grid, and Neo web. management was good and understanding.
Pros
bought us lunch once an a while
Cons
the schedule
Great placee to work
Awesome company with great benefits, keeps there employees long term, advancement opportunities available...great bunch of people to work for and with
this company has good system for eployees
My last shift was 6 days on 6 dsys off, but It depends on positions. while I was working I didn't learn anything from the company. Training system isn't good, but Salary is not bed. Working Safety is good. Specially I like all my co-workers. so I was happy.
Pros
6 days on 6 days off. good safety systems.
Cons
Fort mackay is a great company, it makes you want to wake up in the morning and head to work because the people are so great.
Fort mackay is a great company that makes you want to wake up in the morning and head to work because the people are great. The pros far outnumber the cons of this company. Negative side is the amount of family members working directly for one another.
great workplace to be apart of. would always be learning something new
i would have to say that working at a companines takes focus and a level of maturity. being comfortable talking to your coworkers can also help make an experience better. i would say the best thing about this job is always getting to learn something new.
Pros
friendly coworkers, get to learn new things
my day at work
I start my day off at work by doing our toolbox talk safety is number one. After we are finished the toolbox talk in the morning we go off with the people we are teamed up with for the day and start our route for the day. Which is picking up the used coveralls and after doing so we scanned them and then they get picked up by the company that cleans them ; then they drop off the clean coveralls. After the clean ones are dropped off our team begins sorting them into their sizes and then we distribute them through out the site. what i have learned from this job is how to problem solve and how to get the job done on a tight schedule. the thing I enjoy most about working were i am at now is my co-workers i love to get to know people and learning how to work with others. the hardest part about my job would be the repetitive movement its constant bending and twisting.
Pros
the benefits
Cons
no double time after 8 hours
Amazing and positive plave to work
Great place to work and the workload is very light.
Amazing co-workers

Management is great
Pros
Great supervisors, great lunch time and free drinks in case of
Cons
Long paid hours but i loved it.
Good place to get site experience
Shovel snow in rotating areas of responsibility. work depends on the weather.
Fun, upbeat place to work
Enjoyable place to work. Friendly staff and good organization.
It gave me the platform to better my career
It was fun and challenging.I have learnt so many things like safety,how important it is in a work place and how valuable an employee is to the company and that hard work pays.Management are always willing to motivate workers into being better valuable individuals.I had such good experience with my co-workers,everyday was different,we made our job more interesting and a home to look forward to going to,we were like family,but just like in each and every family,there would be misunderstandings and we always found a way to work things through and tolerated each other.The hardest part was when we got switched over and other people getting better opportunity and i did not and change was the most challenging part,especialy when it did not favour me and finally getting laid off first.The most enjoyable part was the Tool box meeting when we talk about what we were gonna do that day!Safety rules and everyone participating and sharing about their challenges on the day,and ofcourse the pay was good and fruitful,wish I could have stayed
Pros
holidays and birthdays, and goodbyes
Cons
hours were ok, 12 hours
great company to work for
wages are extremely good for the work we do and work in general will never become stressful. i have nothing but good things to say about this company
Pros
good supervisors
Cons
hired too many people and ot is limited
under paid and over worked
if it wasnt for my forman becoming my best friend i would of left that place a long time ago you have absolutely no space to grow as a employee and are treated with very little respect. also the wages are a robbery
Cons
long hours no days off and bad wage
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fort Mckay Group of Companies LP. Our community is ready to answer.
Fort Mckay Group of Companies LP Reviews by Location