Fort Mckay Group of Companies LP Employee Reviews

Not a healthy environment to work in.
Hourly worker (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 April 2019
Not one of the better places in the industry. You need to be part of a cleuqe or you won’t survive. Management from top to bottom plays favourites and overlooks serious issues depending on who you are or who your friends with. Not the kinda place you can bring up serious issues for fear of being run off the site. Supervisors will lie to your face and not even do a good job at it. Even be proud of it because they know they can get a way with it They will find ways to get rid of you for caring and taking the job seriously if your not part of the special circle. Safety is often overlooked at the cost of friends and who you know
Pros
Money is decent. A lot of good people working there.shifts are great so is the camp environment
Cons
Management and supervisors
Malicious behavior from the crew, causing anxiety, cruelty, harsh and faulty equipment
Heavy Equipment Operator/Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort McKay Group Fort McMurray area3 March 2019
Fort McKay group, have bullies and weasel people working there, lots of favoritism and malicious behavior. Equipment is malfunctioning it not safe. I have learned from this company not to trust nobody not even the Foreman's
Used to be great
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB11 February 2019
Fort McKay alone has been a great organization to work for. Unfortunately our contract got renegotiated and for this particular site we all took a very large pay cut. The supervisors and account manager we had were by far the greatest people I've ever worked for. It is sad that we will all disperse now.
Pros
Family oriented, great safety culture
Cons
It's still a contractor, anything can happen at any time.
good
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB7 February 2019
Great salary and benefits. Very clickish and back biting. People in positions that should never be there. An over haul of the office staff would help
Great company
Materials Coordinator/Parts Tech (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 November 2018
Many positions available to suit your skills,great team of workers and staff, Wish I can get a foot in the door again miss working there, Hopefully if I keep trying I can get back on the team,
Pros
pay
Cons
hard to get a jo with them
Decent place to work
Warehouse Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 October 2018
Lot's to learn, variety of areas to work in.
Multiple shifts to suit home life.
Typical day at work is team meeting, complete FLRA and dissucss days tasks with co-workers. Some days can be quite busy and other days give you the chance to clear up loose ends and house keeping.
Pros
shifts
Cons
not much
This company is a joke,,
Operator 1 (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 October 2018
They dont stand up for their employees ,everyone there as in supervision so not support any of the employees. The smallest incident and your gone with no explanation for 3weeks
Pros
Cons
Joke of a company, makes native company's look bad
Keep your promises
Light Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 October 2018
If you say you're going to be giving a raise at 3 months STICK TO THE CONTRACT. I have yet to receive either a raise or my benifits package as of 7.5 months working with this company.
good steady job
Fuel and Lube / Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 September 2018
My job was to maintain the fuel and fluid levels on various equipment throughout two large open pit mines. I learned a lot about the operation of a mine as well as had the experience of working with some of the largest machinery in the world.
learning different things everyday
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Ft. McMurray, AB18 September 2018
working down in the mine is different and always changing everyday.
people never stop learning, know matter how old you are.
it's always something new and different.
Na
Junior Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 August 2018
I would prefer not to comment, as there has been a lot of staff changes, as well as company growth. My direct Supervisor was amazing to work for, and I enjoyed my time within the company
New crew placement makes going to work a lot better
Operator Heavy Hauler (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 August 2018
More time should be spent with training the drivers on the computers within the trucks. There is a tendency to have drivers with bad habits training new drivers.
Very easy and calm place to work.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB21 June 2018
Loved working for this company. this Company is a good stepping stone for bigger companies like Syncrude and Suncor. Easy to move up in the ranks and they have an amazing mine manager, very friendly.
Pros
Easy place to work with good wages
Cons
No job security
Easy Job
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB4 June 2018
working 4-10's a week from monday to thursday and enjoy working with others, nice workers and management friendly.. busy place but more on fun and learning experience
Pros
unionized
Cons
no comment
productive
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB1 June 2018
manangement is not welcome yet to devesity. there is a lot of team work only poor management .days are easy but sometimes hard because of rough roads
Pros
free lunch
Cons
good hrs
I enjoy the work and the people
Labourer (Seasonal)Labour (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB24 May 2018
Its a great company to work for, I really enjoy the people, the shift was long, 7 on 7 off, 12 hour shifts, I’m looking for a change for the site life.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Long longs
Great Company
Payroll/Billing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 April 2018
Enjoyed my job. Along with the people I worked with. Was sad to leave wish I could have stayed working for Fort Mckay group of companies. Would recommend people to work for them.
fort mckay
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 March 2018
Fort McKay is a great company to work for. Very reliable work. Great people to work for. They are organized and they pay very well. The training department is also very good.
Good Pay
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 March 2018
This is a good job if you are starting out. Moving up within the company is difficult but with the right attitude not impossible. Management does not micromanage which is nice and they trust their employees to be doing the job they are hired for.
Productive and hard working company
Topps Dredging Crew (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 February 2018
Experienced, knowledge company that teaches the skills and development to grow
A typical day consisted of waking early, getting on bus with crew to job site, morning meeting on safety and procedures, preparing your tools for the day.
Pros
good crew and safety
Cons
weather conditions