Fort McKay First Nation Employee Reviews

Stressful with zero work life balance.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 December 2018
This is the absolute worst place I have ever worked.

This is an extremely unprofessional establishment and if you value your sanity, your life and yourself, do not work for this organization.
Pros
benefits, car pool, staff who weren't at the executive level were amazing.
Cons
no work life balance, zero communication, disgruntled staff, improper use of staff, unprofessional.
a somewhat good managment
Arena Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB5 September 2018
although i was always busy i found myself bored with the same routine each and everyday which made the days go by so much slower and made me not like my job so much
Awesome team and work / life balance
Executive Director - Sustainability & Strategy (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB24 April 2018
Awesome place to work at. Excellent people, very supportive leadership, excellent job work / life balance, a lot of flexibility and resources. Very proud to work here.
Great environment to learn and evolve your talents
Manager, Long-term Benefit Agreements (LTBA) (Former Employee) –  Fort McKay, AB28 April 2017
FMFN provided a creative and supportive work culture that encouraged learning and development in all roles. The management is helpful in identifying obstacles and creating solutions in all manner of areas.
Work a look
Office Employee (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB30 October 2015
Carpool vehicles for free transportation to and from work. Pot lucks and events. Gym in the building. Small friendly community. Opportunity to advance and learn new skills.
Fun and Diverse Place to Work
Receptionist/Bookings Agent - Temp FT (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 May 2013
My typical workday was to make a trip down to the band office and collect any mail for my department. Distribute the mail. Check my email. Answer any phone calls. Keep a list of all persons present. Make a trip to town for any groceries needed for that day. Create cheque runs for people that attended meetings and date and time stamped all invoices. Booked travel arrangements, filled out paperwork for travel arrangements. Received signatures from the required personnel for invoices. Made copies of those invoices to keep for files. Implanted a system in the office of trips to the band office. Received signatures from payees of the company that were picking up their cheques. Took meeting minutes. Planned events, picked up food/catering. Delivered express mail to greyhound for shipping. Did groceries.

I didn't meet everyone because I was a temp and I wasn't introduced to anyone except the management and the people in my department. But I learned to introduce myself to those I met they in turn shared their experiences with me. I enjoyed every part of my job. The hardest part of my job was trying to understand what people were saying on the phone. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people who would share their experiences about the past and their lives with me.
Pros
Provided Carpool, On site Gym, Free Lunch, Did Groceries
Cons
48.9 km from Town, Had to Drive There and Back Everyday