Fort Edmonton Park Employee Reviews

Great teamwork and excellent customer services
Cashier ( Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 May 2018
.Took customer’s orders, prepare and finish food items
.Serve customer at counters or buffer tables
.Finish Cash in and Cash out
.Work with great teamwork
Fun and relaxed workplace
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 November 2017
Typical day: Lots to do and always feeling useful.
What you learned: Better time management and social skills.
Hardest part of the job: keeping track of time during shift and break
Most enjoyable part of the job: Meeting fellow volunteers and members of the general public
Loved this job
Historic Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 September 2017
Working at Fort Edmonton Park is a dream. Everyday brings something different.
Everyday, we are in charge of our own tills, cashing in and out, as well as the care of our respective stores. Cleaning, stocking, merchandising, handling cash, and working with the public are the main aspects of the job.
Cons
seasonal work (May-September)
Fun
Historical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 May 2017
Great workplace, great staff, great pay. Fun place to learn and grow. Learn different skills. Can apply current skills to the workplace. Supervisor listen to staff complaints.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Long hours, costumes in 30 degree heat
Left a bad taste
1920's Street (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 April 2017
I had a great time in my first season with them, but when I returned the following year, they cut my pay and gave me twice the amount of work, including doing the training that my supervisor didn't want to do/didn't know how to do.
Good Boss, Poor Boss
Apprentice Baker/Cashier/Stock/Varies other jobs (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 March 2017
Had 1 boss who was really nice, went out of her way to make sure i was able to do my job and offered me a apprenticeship. The other boss that was suppose to apprentice me didn't really want to and seemed to only want females in his kitchen with him. Both me and another guy got laid off while the 2 girls got to stay.
I was an intern
Operations Crew Lead Intern (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 February 2017
I shadowed the Op's Crew Lead and assisted with their duties and coworkers of my shadow. It was a very enjoyable experience and I would work there again.
Positive and Enjoyable Workplace
Ride and Game Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 March 2016
Working at Fort Edmonton Park was a very invigorating and enjoyable experience. The work was satisfying and rewarding, allowing me to greatly improve my customer service and interpretation skills, not to mention ingratiating me with a newfound appreciation for Edmonton as a city.
Excellent and welcoming work environment
Aboriginal Peoples' Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 November 2015
As an Aboriginal person, it was my total delight to work for Fort Edmonton Park. I am a returning employee (5yrs) and would without hesitation recommend other Aboriginal people to work there. They are a great bunch of people who work there. They want you demonstrate what you know about Aboriginal culture and are willing to learn skills as well. I have not been disappointed with any of the seasons I have worked there. Only drawback is that the park is only open during the summer months unless you are into delivering education programs.
Pros
Authentic historical site with a steam train and trolleys running daily
Cons
Not long enough
Good and bad in different areas, but overall enjoyable experience with my coworkers
Second Cook/Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 November 2015
The average day was a non-stop rush from an hour after opening until an hour before closing, which left little time for our required, unpaid breaks, as well as cleaning and restocking. The park itself was beautiful and fun, most of the employees in my department were excellent coworkers. A number of my coworkers and I felt that, at times, there was a bit of discrimination, but those of us who stuck it out did so because of our loyalty to the park. The most enjoyable part of my job was the friends I made and the free admission to the park on our days off.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Unorganized management in some departments
best job ever!!
Aboriginal peoples inteptor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton7 October 2015
BEst job ever!! outdoors, social, Knowledge in customer service required, great staff, calm friendly atmosphere i dont know what else to say i dont even know why this came up all of a sudden i have to do this it was a great job thats about it
Pros
free lunches
Cons
??
Great Management, Great Environment, Really Helpful Staff/Team Members
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 January 2015
- Everyday I looked forward working with such a great team and under excellent management team.
- Stay calm under pressure, work efficiently and effectively, DO NOT hesitate to ask for help if needed, treat everybody respectfully.
- The management is very helpful and are always keen to know and implement new ideas from the ground floor staffs.
- The team I work with is more like a family, we all help each other in what ever way possible, whether a team is short staffed on some events or struggling to learn.
- When the venues are over booked, there are events back to back and on some occasion we have less staffs.
- Fast pace working environment is the best part of my job.
Awesome summer job
Costumed Ride and Games Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 August 2013
My review is about the 1920s Midway - much of these comments won't apply to other positions at the park. I worked on the Midway for a summer and had a great time. In some ways, it's a typical amusement park job, but there are also a lot of avenues to have fun and explore your talents. Good opportunities for advancement. Management is quite supportive and is made up of people who have done your job before so they totally get it.

My only real complaints (aside from your typical customer service stuff but what can ya do about that) are:
-The Midway is payed lower than nearly everyone else at the Park despite having a very challenging job
-There is little supervision which isn't so bad in itself, but it definitely allows the lazy people to get away with being lazy and the work to fall on the shoulders of more responsible people. And sometimes it can be hard to contact a supervisor when you really need one.
-Short staffed, which results in complaints from customers.

This job is not for you if you hate people, have a negative attitude, or get tired easily. It's a physical outdoor job with a big customer service component!

Mainly it was a blast, an awesome place for young people to work and make friends. There's a really good community at FEP, fun parties, happy atmosphere. If you have a talent (music, art, sports), you'll be given the chance to apply it to your work setting through programming! If you don't have a talent, you will learn new skills anyway! I regret not applying here years ago.
Pros
great team, fun, good hours, supportive
Cons
lowish pay, lack of supervision/contact with supervisors