Forsythe Technology Employee Reviews

Solid company
Senior Voice/Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Skokie, IL18 April 2018
We were an S-Corp until purchased by Sirius Computer Solutions in October of 2017. The company was profitable and supported it's employees. They grew in many different ways and that's likely why we were purchased.
Pros
Fully remote!!!
Cons
We were bought by another company :(
Great Place to Work
Associate Business Analyst IT QA (Current Employee) –  Skokie, IL23 March 2018
I really enjoyed working for Forsythe. What makes Forsythe great are the people who work there. There is great collaboration which makes for great job satisfaction .
Forsythe is a great company to work for.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Skokie, IL20 March 2018
Forsythe has many talented inviduals with a good career / life balance. Benefits and pay are competitive. People stay at Forsythe for the long haul because of the ESOP match that benefits people in retirement.
Incredible experience
Senior Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX16 March 2018
Forsythe was an enjoyable part of my career path. In the six years I was at Forsythe I went from a commercial SE to an enterprise technical architect. I was part of many very complex deals and learned to maneuver through not only the technical employees but also upper management in healthcare and service providers. My manager was top notch and was always supportive of decisions I made. The hardest part of the position was staying on top of a very large number of technologies, but I was able to do as much training as needed without question. I found Forsythe to be challenging, albeit demanding at times, but it was a great place to work and grow.
Pros
Any training I desired, the ability to network with multiple vendors and present the correct solution to my clients, freedom and autonomy within my business.
Cons
As an enterprise architect the advancement was limited.
Good life-work balance environment and wonderful coworkers
Sr. Application Developer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Skokie, IL26 January 2018
Got to work with a talented group of co-workers and manager. Fun and challenging projects to learn new technologies. The company provides a good life-work balance environment.
Consultative selling masters
Technology Consultant & Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA20 January 2018
These guys make an art form of consultative selling at massive scale. I had a big wide-eyed learning experience here on many fronts that has helped me today with things related to IT pre sales and trusted advisor related work efforts.
Pros
Lots of action and areas to cover
Cons
lots of action and areas to cover
Manager was on his way out and our sales approch was extremly different
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NY10 January 2018
My manager had a very different philosophy of selling to clients limited the sale to a single product and not solution selling these limitations prevented me from being successful
Great Place to Work
Service Desk Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Skokie, IL1 November 2017
The culture here at Forsythe has been one that was very helpful to having a work and life balance . In the 5 years that I have been working for the company, the people, the culture, and the management staff have been the best reasons to stay.
Pros
Management, Salary, Culture
Not a bad place
BUSINESS ANALYST/IT TEST ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Skokie, IL27 October 2017
Pay is good and are very flexible with Work form home.

Flexible Start Hours

Work with intelligent people and are willing to lend help.

Great Learning Management Software
Company being sold
Senior Corporate Attorney (Current Employee) –  Skokie, IL3 October 2017
Company being sold so this requirement to state a one hundred and fifty character summation of the company, its history, future prospects, management and the like is pointless.
Competitive and entrepenural environement
Client Executive (Account Manager) (Current Employee) –  Skokie, IL21 September 2017
Great culture and company leadership, but a bit myopic to the transition to cloud first strategies of IT organizations. This company is starting to pivot, but it may be too late.
Pros
Unlimited comp plan for certain roles.
Cons
Lack of investment in next generation IT solutions.
Excellent group of pople
IT Consultant (Analyst) (Current Employee) –  Skokie, IL5 September 2017
Being part of this organization is one of the best things to do. Great technologists. Excellent group of individuals always willing to help. Successful establishment since 1971. Started in the industry at the right time. This organization has a great reputation with its clients.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
None at the moment
Engineer 1
Senior Consultant - Data Center (Employee) (Current Employee) –  Remote21 August 2017
The company provides okay benefits and decent salary compared to most. The travel can be intense, but the expense-able items are generous. Overall good client projects that can challenge even the most seasoned engineers.
Pros
Work-life, paid cert training, large projects
Cons
Cheap company events
Strong history of entrepreneurship- Great ESOP!
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, IL4 August 2017
Forsythe was a strong organization that promoted the entrepreneurial spirit in each team member. A company that allowed individuals to make a difference and impress the client.
Pros
ESOP culture that all employee owners matter
Cons
long, long hours
A fickle consultancy
Network Consultant (Former Employee) –  Skokie, IL27 June 2017
I was brought on as a full-time employee with Forsythe and after assisting on-site teams around the country they let me go at the direction of some boss 3 levels above me. They told me it was because of the budget.
I do not want to write a review
Documents Manager (Former Employee) –  Skokie, IL16 June 2017
Forsythe was a alright place to work for the first 5 years I was there. The management started making many changes that did not work out as they hoped and they consequently then began removing benefits for the employees creating a suspicious environment.
Very productive team
Information Security Practice Manager - West (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA14 June 2017
Solid security team. Unfortunately lack of engineering taelnt held us back on the larger projects. Company struggled with new security technology pre-sales and delivery.
To much flying by the seat of the pants
Sr. Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, IL19 April 2017
They cared more about their customers than their employees. They were taking on more and more business that they were not familiar or experienced with so there were a lot of growing pains that the employees were expected to endure. Management was not prone to listen very much either to employee concerns.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Was expected to take on more and more that was not part of original job description
Challenging and rewarding place to work. May be stressful with continuous changes in business.
Senior HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Skokie, IL31 March 2017
I found Forsythe to be a rewarding place to work which had offered me plenty of opportunity to build on my skills and career. Culture varies based on department and state of the business. The hardest part of the company is the continuous struggle to evolve and improve business results.
Pros
Flexible work environment
Cons
high stress and continuous change
Productive & great oppurtunity
Associate Mobility Administrator (Former Employee) –  Skokie, IL30 March 2017
Very fortunate to have moved from different positions through out the years and improved my career path. Peers were great to work with and had the pleasure to work with great talents.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forsythe Technology. Our community is ready to answer.