Forno Cultura

Forno Cultura Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews
great coworkers and customers but that's it
I loved the people I worked with and the regular customers but the place was a mess. Management is all over the place. There are too many managers involved and they all have different ideas on how things should be done, so you can never be correct in what you're doing. You're expected to take on more and more duties without a change in job title or pay.
Pretty on the outside, ugly on the inside
I had a training which was supposed to last 3 hours but the "manager" sent me home after HALF an hour sayin "that you're not the PERFECT FIT for us because you're not to loud.".
Pros
Some coworkers are nice and friendly
Cons
Bad management, didn't pay for training although said they're gonna pay
I really enjoy working there, the company is very serious.
Tiring
Upper Management needs help and starts pointing fingers when it doesn't go their way.

Food is good but don't work here.

If you do choose to work here, do as management says and don't interact further.
Fun and exiting
Forno is a beautiful company of Italians, the products they offer are special and the people who work here are very friendly. I highly recommend working for this beautiful company.
Best place to work
This is where i make friends for life. The management team and the people are super passionate about what they are in charge of. Definitely highly recommended for any individuals with a strong personality
Somewhat productive
It's a well established business with a good idea about how to make good food, but they dont appreciate their workers enough.

Managers need to be better at managing their staff and treating them as fair. One time they asked me to slice some tomatoes, some of them were mine and others were examples from the management and the trainer, and the tomato slice that one of them sliced they thought I messed up and decided that I had bad knife skills. You need to compare your own knife skills and realise that just because i person is new, doesnt mean they are not fit for the job. That wasn't even my tomato slice they thought was garbage!!!
Pros
Delicious food
Cons
Bad Management, dont know how to train their employees with patience and understanding
Terrible culture, bad management
The culture is terrible at this place, people come and go all the time as no standard working hours and poor management. You get treated badly and management doesn’t care about work life balance, pay and benefits are not that great as well considering the things you have to put up with. Senior management talks down on you sometimes in front of team and guests. No wonder they can’t recruit or retain managers or staff. Don’t waste your time with this place.
Pros
Cons
Management, culture
Busy place
Good atmosphere and cool coworkers. Management staff is willing to help and easy to talk to. Great way to get customer service experience and to get new friends.
Pros
Free drinks for staff
Terrible management/no job security
Seems like a good place to work and some of the colleagues are great people but the overall management was poor at best.

There is absolutely no job security with this employer, shifts constantly get cancelled and changed without notice. Promised hours are never met making it impossible to rely on job for income. Super tense work environment with the managers constantly bickering and having a go at each other. Employees lower down in the hierarchy get told off for owners and managers mistakes and have to cop the blame. Was repeatedly yelled at by managers in front of customers!

They have no respect for their employees, expect top tier performance but are only willing to pay minimum wage (meaning there is also high staff turnover). They talk a lot about being a part of the "Forno Family" but will screw you over at any chance to increase their profit margin.

Their is no explanation of protocols and processes when an employee is hired, therefore making it difficult to know what is expected and who is in charge. They will tell you off for asking the wrong person and will constantly power-trip so you at least know you're bottom of the ranks.

Managers will randomly pick out food and drinks from the counter without noting them, but normal staff are barred from having anything for lunch and told "you can have anything so long as you pay for it", despite being told "you always get fed at Forno".

Bad at responding to emails, and won't let you know you've been employed, they will just give you shifts and then randomly stop giving you shifts after a few months. Whatever
 - more...
Pros
Some free food at end of day
Cons
No job security
Mixed Bag
The food quality is great and I had some great coworkers and managers during my time there, but it wasn’t enough to offset some of the poor behaviour I witnessed in the owners, some managers and some shift supervisors throughout my stint. I witnessed the owners scream at upper management for their own mistakes and for someone handing in 2 Weeks’ notice, in front of customers no less. In my time there (albeit some time past, hopefully they’ve grown) they also refused to meet standards set by a number of health inspectors.

If you’re lucky you’ll get a great manager or supervisor at some point like I did, and they’ll balance the experience out as much as humanly possible, but overall they expressed utter disdain for their workers, including but not limited to insisting sick workers are responsible for finding someone to cover their shifts or else might lose their jobs. For those at home who aren’t aware, that is VERY illegal.

Businesses will always screw you over a little bit for the profit margin, no matter whether you’re at a small family bakery or at Walmart, but I’ve never been so thoroughly disgusted by someone’s professional behaviour as I was during my time with Forno.

That being said! Fair hours, great food, and a palpable passion for the craft.
No job security
Great environment, amazing products but no stability. You can get fired because "you don't have the profile (which I still don't really understand what it means)" despite doing a good job and engaging customers. According to what was said, your management might "have a issue with that", the "profile".
So yes is a great place, everything is delicious and of great quality but in regards to the biscotteria, you shouldn't expect security, unless you have "the profile", however it may be.
Pros
Amazing products, welcoming environment
Cons
No job security
Great place to work. People are friendly, managament is awesome.
Forno is a place where passionate and inspiring people work. It is great to develope your skills where everybody cares and gives their best.
Great bakery
New but super busy, high pace workplace but fun.
Long shifts