Forever 21 Employee Reviews

Forever 21
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2018
In Forever 21 in Eaton centre, I was able to learn how to approach customers, giving style advices to customers. Also, I gained practical customer skills through Forever 21's well-educated fashion presentation and event for staffs.
very fun, friendly working environment,
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON18 January 2018
very fun, friendly working environment
learned how to run fitting rooms, maintain floor appearance, effectively help customers.
Some of management was very understanding and friendly
Hard part is knowing exactly where to find specfic customer needs due to very large, mixed up and constantly changing location items.
Pros
Fun, easy
Cons
Very low employee discount.
Fun place everyone is nice
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC5 January 2018
Everyone was pleasant to work with most of the managers were very nice. one thing I would say is that one manager was very rude and mocked me when I told her I wasn't feeling well.
Desperate Job
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 January 2018
For someone like myself, I found retail a boring job. I was right, the hours are extremely long with not as many breaks. After the store close it takes around 2 hours just to clean. I don't recommend the job unless your desperate.
Pros
Long hours equals more money
Cons
Time goes by super slow
folding tables for hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2018
awful managers
too much go-backs
late nights
pay is good if you work 20+ hours
rude customers
rude head manger dosen't like when you talk to co-workers
Pros
paid 10 min breaks
Cons
go backs
Fun and energetic, but must have lots of patience!
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC28 December 2017
Level of employee service depends on management. Employees who work hard and take on given challenges are not often credited. Professional attitude is very lacking, which leads to high turnovers. Nonetheless, opportunities for employment and advancement are always open to all kinds of applicants.
Pros
Casual environment, socially interactive
Cons
Overworked employees, poor compensation
Where to begin?
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC7 December 2017
Demoralizing place to work.
Some coworkers slack off and take extra breaks, call in sick 2 hours before their shift when they want and i dont blame them.
Discount is a joke (10% and not applied on discounted items)
Management is unprofessional and have unrealistic in their goals (the store is understaffed 70% of the time)
Managers always breathing down ur neck about customer service but wont lift a finger to help do so or help clean the store.
I have been working here for over 2 years and recieved only one 22 cents raise to my salary only for it to be removed once they raised min wage again.
Pros
Coworkers are friendly and understand the pain of working there
Cons
Low salary, horrible discount, little advancement, always understaffed
productive and fun workplace, love my coworkers.
Women's fashion clothing store, sales associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 November 2017
working at forever 21 taught me how to time manage myself and
gave me interpersonal skills. i loved everyone i worked with, it made going to work fun!
More flaws than benefits
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 November 2017
Although most of the managing staff were likable, the ones that were not, made work unpleasant. With the added pressure of the holidays and more new hires than long-lasting employees, it was very unlikely for us to maintain the statistics that are being asked. Additionally, most of the employees are new, which makes it very hard to sell items because the store is being changed so often that no one can ever find what they are looking for to help customers.
Management was not very nice
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON15 November 2017
The managers at this store were mean and cruel and would pick favorites and had poor managerial skills. Once the main manager left my hours dropped for no reason besides the assistant manager taking over the schedule having a unexplained hatred for me and accusing me of doing things around the store I had not done. Not only were there unrealistic expectations of staff but there was a favoritism that took part with every manager. Not to mention the only benefit we received was 10% off which does not include the sale items and you can get this discount with a spc as well.
Pros
10% off, the actual staff was great and friendly.
Cons
poor hours, favouritism, unrealistic expectations and time limits.
fun but annoying
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Eaton, ON12 November 2017
felt more like a janitor picking up after the mess customers made
fun work environment
long, late hours ( closing till 12am)
lots of crazy rude customers
Pros
fun people
Cons
exhausting and underpaid
people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 November 2017
people were great. very obvious favorites and I sometimes found just distracting and hard to focus. management was hard to find and hard to talk too. came across like you were not to bother them from time to time.
Pros
in the mall
really friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 November 2017
everyone is super friendly, managers are there to help you with anything. You get to know when additional 50% starts
You get to move up in the store
Associate are nice and get along
Pros
free food, new friends
a creative workplace
Visual merchandiser, accessories (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC23 October 2017
A typical day for me would be reviewing e-mails from head office, and staying up to date with trends in accessories. I was a visual merchandiser for the accessories department, and this consisted of looking at floor plans. Setting up new displays to push for sales. Photographing these displays and sharing with head office. Making sure we always had stock, and also delegating tasks for anyone working in my section.

Hardest part of the job was the over-nights. When we would start from closing hours 22:00PM-6:00AM.

Best part of the job was how creative I was able to be. That's something I really loved being able to make my own displays and how rewarding it was to see the final look of the store.
Pros
location
Cons
night shifts
Fun and productive place to work
Sales Associate/Go-backs Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON21 October 2017
Management seemed to be the best when I was at this store. There was plenty of room to grow and the managers would help you in whichever way they could.
Fun and fast-paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 October 2017
The store is huge, so it can sometimes get overwhelming when trying to find things or clean things, but if you like organizing this will be a good job for you.
Productive and safe work place
Cashier/Customer Service/Fitting rooms (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC13 October 2017
Schedules are posted inconsistently and doesn't give you much warning about when you're working next. On calls are also not the most efficient and make it difficult to plan your day ( don't know if you're working or not ) Managers were very friendly and were always there to help you if you needed it. I learnt a lot while working there about not only myself but the people I was fortunate to meet and work with. They're a very organized company and take pride in their customer service.
Pros
Fun music, shifts go by quickly, friendly staff, understanding managers/associates
Cons
late schedules, on calls
Poor Managed
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 October 2017
poorly managed company. Management picks favourites and will only give certain people hours and shifts. making it very hard for others to make a living.
Pros
Friends, clothes, Part time
Cons
Management, employlee perks, hours
Avoid this company
Assistant visual manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON4 October 2017
Worst job I ever had
Store managers and district managers have unreasonable expectations
Nothing but negative feedback
You're best is never good enough
Overall low moral amoung the managers
High stress environment
Pros
Fun people
Cons
Everything else
Short Term Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 October 2017
You've been inside a forever 21 store... it's a nightmare for shoppers now imagine working there and trying to figure out where everything belongs.

Good place to work while in school.
Terrible employee discount.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forever 21. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K