Forever 21 Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 66 reviews matching the search See all 6,534 reviews
Productive and very fun work place i love it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 July 2019
its was a nice place to work and certainly learnt alot. sadly. highly recommendable to friends and family looking for a decent workspace . Thank you forever 21
Pros
discounts on items were great
Cons
long hours but whos complaining
Cheap company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2019
Low pay
Bad management
Long working hours
Too much works to do
Rude customers
High requirements
Very low discount for employees
Unprofessional
Low benefits
Got paid under minimum wage
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS1 April 2019
The environment at Forever 21 is not a good one. While there are a few good managers and people overall the environment is overly demanding, unprofessional. They also practice unsafe and illegal business practices, I was paid below minimum wage for my province and we were constantly asked to work outside our availability for no overtime, and received fewer than legal breaks.
Cons
Negative workplace, No breaks, no advancement, high turnover
Poor Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON1 April 2019
The job itself does not have much to offer nor do the benefits. The work environment is enjoyable and offers a great opportunity to make friends. However, the particular store in Guelph was not properly run, going through 3 different managers within the first three months.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Poor management
Unorganized and not compliant with availability
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 February 2019
I worked here for about 6 months and it was fine until it came time to put my availability in for college. They told us availability is a request, not a guarantee and if our schedule doesn't work with theirs, they will schedule outside our availability and expect us to come in to work. I also booked some days off for exams, as I am in a college degree program, and they gave me trouble basically saying work comes first. They scheduled me multiple times during the times I said I was unavailable because I had school, but they didn't care. They also post the schedules 1-3 days before the next work week stars (for example, their schedules were Sunday-saturday, so they would put the schedule for the week of Feb. 3-Feb. 9 up somewhere between Jan.31-Feb. 2) which is not enough time in advance to give us. They also expect an open availability but will only schedule you to 1-3 shifts a week. Also, the employee discount is only 10%, you aren't allowed to use that on top of sale items, and you make no commission.
not fun and the manegment is horrible
sales associate and cash (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 February 2019
the employees that were there before talk bad about the new ones and they the old employees talk to the mangers forever and not do there work where the new employee get in trouble for nothing
Cons
long hours short breaks
ok
STORE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Metrotown, BC14 January 2019
Forever 21 is a good place to work. friendly staff, easy job and the pay is minimum. it's a good place to start working if you are a student or don't need too much money.
Not a bad place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON8 January 2019
I was hired to open a new store. The job was great for 3 months or so. Then around Christmas they started cutting my hours which made no sense because it was Christmas LOL! Then the following January I had like no hours (3 hours a week) which no one can live on.

Management was pretty good - understanding and kind.

I'd suggest working here :)
Pros
Fun, fashion forward
Cons
Bad discount, messy store, cut hours
Horrible place to work
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC6 January 2019
Worked at the Victoria location, management was bad and they chose favorites. They bullied other employees for stupid things for no good reason. They wont give you shifts if they dont like you, rather then explaining they just push you out not professional at all. Same goes if they dont like you, they will be little you to the point you leave. Some of the people are really nice but it's mostly the management that really makes everything horrible. The pay is just as youd imagine minimum wage for alot of work and no word of gratitude.
It's a good job for those who are going to school and need flexible shifts. But they are picky on time off and if you want to take a holiday chances are you'll have to quite cause you won't get it. Also they dont give references so if you want someone from there to references you for another better job your not getting it.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Managment
productive place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2018
A great fun place to excel and mature. Good managers and co-operative co workers. Helpful in training and lenient with hours. Great first job and hours!
Cashier & Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Robson, BC2 November 2018
Hours were long and great to make good money. Environment was good surrounded with good coworkers. Company was good and the goal each shift was to achieve something better
I will never work in retail again
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC3 September 2018
The management was horrible, we didn't even have a store manager at the time. They expected us to work more than what is in our job description and with the least amount of pay. The closing took forever and they were so unorganized. The only good thing was the relationships we created with co-workers. The discount was horrible too. It didn't even cover the taxes fully.
Pros
People
Cons
Long and horrible hours, unorganized managers
Created A Family
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS20 July 2018
Working at Forever 21 has brought some amazing people into my life. I stuck around for several years because I loved my team. It's the best retail job I've had. At my store, several employees started at a sales associate and worked their way up to visual or manager positions.
Pros
great clothes, friendly people
Cons
discount, benefits. wages, vacation pays
fun environment with flexible hours
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC15 July 2018
This job has a very fun environment and amazing management. All associates are to assure all clothing is neatly folded or hung in its correct location before closing. Opportunities for higher positions an raises. Extremely flexible hours.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
few hours
Very messy and difficult management
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 April 2018
Overall management of the store lacks. It is difficult to advance in your placement. Did not enjoy the hours that were given, usually given 5-10 hours bi-weekly due to the excessive amount of employees.
decent company very unorganized
Lead - Service and Operation (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2018
low pay , HR and Payroll department takes WEEKS to correct and error on your pay cheque or complete a job transfer. ........................ no room to move in company .
Ok
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 March 2018
Pretty good not bad, good with shifts and overtime. It wasnt too hard did not make me do anything impossible. The managers and everyone were kind. Would recommend as a starting job to build basic skills.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2018
Great place to work. They had a great salary. However many things that need to change, needs a bit more overall structure, but otherwise a great place to work if you are creative.
fashion
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 February 2018
very fun place to work, good for someone looking to gain experience in retail. everyone got paid the same wage so that the work could be divided through out employees equally.
Pros
experience
Cons
wage
Desperate Job
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 January 2018
For someone like myself, I found retail a boring job. I was right, the hours are extremely long with not as many breaks. After the store close it takes around 2 hours just to clean. I don't recommend the job unless your desperate.
Pros
Long hours equals more money
Cons
Time goes by super slow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forever 21. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K