Forever 21 Employee Reviews for Visual Merchandiser

Found 13 reviews matching the search See all 6,672 reviews
Most awful place I ever worked!!!
Visual Lead Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2019
I worked at Forever 21 for only 6 months since I hated it so much and I ended up quitting. I would never suggest anyone work with this company. I thought it would be a great place to work since I had always enjoyed shopping there but, the work environment there was the most awful experience of my life. Management was awful, not down to earth and some of the most immature and catty women I have ever met.
I am typically not a person to complain but this was truly the worst job experience of my life.
a creative workplace
Visual merchandiser, accessories (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC23 October 2017
A typical day for me would be reviewing e-mails from head office, and staying up to date with trends in accessories. I was a visual merchandiser for the accessories department, and this consisted of looking at floor plans. Setting up new displays to push for sales. Photographing these displays and sharing with head office. Making sure we always had stock, and also delegating tasks for anyone working in my section.

Hardest part of the job was the over-nights. When we would start from closing hours 22:00PM-6:00AM.

Best part of the job was how creative I was able to be. That's something I really loved being able to make my own displays and how rewarding it was to see the final look of the store.
Pros
location
Cons
night shifts
Over worked and under appreciated
Lead Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 August 2017
-Lack of communication
-I was a glorified sales associate
-They over work you
-There's no structure
-Head office is terrible
-Babysitting the associates
-Felt very unappreciated
-Everything is based on personal opinion not company standard
-Rude customers
-Managers are always "too" busy with something else
-Expectations are way too high
-Head Office treats you like garbage
-Discount is worthless
-Constant change
-Getting rushed a lot
-no organization
Pros
My coworkers
fast paced and hectic
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 June 2017
forever 21 is a very fast paced company to work for, and although that is what I like, they expect too much of their employees without providing the proper training.
visual stylist/ sales associate
Visual Accessories Merchandiser/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2016
customer service, learned how to do visual, management does favoritism amongst coworkers, lack of communication over all.
Get in for experience only
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 January 2016
Good to learn about floorsets. New trends in everyday so it's great for fashion students learning about trends. No sick pay for fulltime and compensation is poor.
Pros
learn fashion trends.
Cons
long overnight hours, poor management, no sick pay for fulltime
Work life
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 September 2015
I loved working at forever 21 I got along with everyone we were all a big family from time to time I see myself missing being in that environment. My typical day would be running clothes back on to the floor fixing displays speaking to district managers about the layout for the store and upcoming campaigns. Management was kind of shaky in the beginning because our head manager was never trained to be a head manager but she was a wonderful person nonetheless over time she became impeccable with her position. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a hundred different task and executing them all perfectly it put real pressure on me but I learned to preserve through that. The most enjoyable part was being able to work in an environment where I got along with everyone and loved coming into work everyday because I knew someone would put a smile on my face
Productive and fun place to work
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC5 November 2014
Overall Forever 21 is a good company to work for. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be having great coworkers and the good music. Hardest part would probably be overnight shifts every few weeks, although they were manageable.
Pros
Good music
Cons
Slower in the winter months
it was a job i enjoyed with plenty of room for advancement
Sales Associate/ Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 September 2013
My days were filled with different tasks i was always busy either dressing maniquins, doing floor changes or training new sales associates
I lewarned a lot about fashion and leadership
I worked well with my co-workers
The hardest part was floor changes/ we had to do it while the store was closed we wouldnt be done until 8 in the mornig somet6imes
I enjoyed working there
Pros
Friendly bosses
Not a fun place to work
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC20 August 2013
Typically, you would clean after people. Its a mindless job, it's good for people who are starting out in the workforce.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Boring, long hours, repetitive, mindless
Visual Merchandiser
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 July 2013
Re-working the sales floor as pre company directive.
Styling mannequins and windows for season and looks.
Customer service.
Interacting with the management and sales team to make sure merchandise standards are met.
Outgoing environment
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 July 2012
Always new challenges, and learning opportunities everyday to help expand on knowledge and growth within merchandising.