Forever 21 Employee Reviews for Cashier/Sales

Found 41 reviews matching the search See all 7,260 reviews
Forever 21 sucked .
Cashier/Sales/Visual Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 December 2019
Terrible management that drove this place to bankruptcy.
We had a new manager almost every week. Very dysfunctional to work under different preferences.

No benefits, our raise every year was 10 cents and the first year I got hired they couldn't afford it to give any one a raise so that tells you a-lot.

I only got hours because people kept quitting, i did so many different roles which is still a good thing for my resume.
bad management , friendly co workers
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 August 2019
started here 2016 started off as a good job but once management changed the atmosphere changed into a negative one making it difficult to enjoy going to work and being there. but the people you work with make it a bit easier
Pros
people you work with
Cons
no good shifts, management
don't apply here
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tsawwassen, BC31 July 2019
The company is very unorganized, we get very short deadlines for things to be done and very little appreciation is shown for associates and often time management focuses on the faults and what doesn't go well.
Pros
experience
Cons
bad management, short deadlines, no appreciation, bad discount (10%)
Uh oh
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON23 June 2019
Was a good job at first, but very fast turned into a bad experience with management going against each other. Turned into toxic environment. Minimal respect for explorers and their hard work from employers and managers of company
Pros
Fun coworkers
Fun Workplace and Great Experience
Part-time Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON11 May 2019
I have been with Forever 21 for almost 3 years and it has been a pleasure. I have had the opportunity to learn so many skills as well as working in a positive environment. Teamwork is emphasized to proficiently get tasks done and I have learned a lot of great managers as well as good colleagues.
Pros
retail and customer service experience
Cons
less employee discount
Good company, bad management .
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 November 2018
A lot of multicultural and age work place to work. Very high school, a lot of drama and favouritism with the management with the employees. Overall, it's a good company to work out, but like any other job it's the management team that has issues.
Pros
exactly 8 hrs, different age group.
Cons
Poor management
Cashier & Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Robson, BC2 November 2018
Hours were long and great to make good money. Environment was good surrounded with good coworkers. Company was good and the goal each shift was to achieve something better
Created A Family
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS20 July 2018
Working at Forever 21 has brought some amazing people into my life. I stuck around for several years because I loved my team. It's the best retail job I've had. At my store, several employees started at a sales associate and worked their way up to visual or manager positions.
Pros
great clothes, friendly people
Cons
discount, benefits. wages, vacation pays
fun environment with flexible hours
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC15 July 2018
This job has a very fun environment and amazing management. All associates are to assure all clothing is neatly folded or hung in its correct location before closing. Opportunities for higher positions an raises. Extremely flexible hours.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
few hours
great people!
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 April 2018
Met some awesome people and learned more about retail. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely working cash. The mechanics were pretty simple and it was constantly busy, so you never felt bored.
Great Sales experience
Cashier, Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 March 2018
Management provided workers a safe environment and all the resources needed to attain to customer needs and preferences. This job allowed me to work on my communication skills.
Great for learning the basics of Retail, definitely not long-term
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 August 2017
The company is way to big and makes way too little to care about their employees. It was so hard to move up in the company and although you worked hard no one really notices the devotion. I can definitely say I learned a lot and gained many skills from working with the company. However, I can also guarantee it is not a company you would like to stay with long-term. Their DMs and RMs are snakes and they don't like to take the blame so they pin it onto their store managers. Their loss prevention and management was horrible. Many of the great people I worked with have left the company based of the unfair treatment we were given MULTIPLE times there.
Pros
Great retail experience
Cons
Terrible management
Nice but the
Sales Associate, Cashier & Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 July 2017
I loved the job, but the manager are always angry and there is a lot of gossips! this things changed when they changed the manager. overall I love the costumers, I quit only cause I moved to another city
Pros
Discount
Cons
Closing and Gossips
fun workplace , everyone is friends with each other
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC17 June 2017
A typical day at work consists of operations the cash register, answering phone calls, talking to customers,other employees and managers. Management is super down to earth , very friendly.
Pros
awesome management, good hours, friendsly staff
Cons
discount only 10%
na
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 March 2017
n/a
Was fun experience. Learned a lot about retail as there was always lots to do and always something new being brought to the table each day.
You definitely felt like you were part of a team that worked toward a collective goal. I loved being able to manage occurrences at the cash register and be the leader of my team of cashiers. I was able to work both as a leader as well as within a team.
productive
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2017
taught me how to be a good customer service rep. and how to deal with customers and bad situations . skills i can use in the real world at any time today
Busy place where you develops friendships and work ethic
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 August 2016
A typical day a work whether it is on cash or on the floor serving costumers it is pretty busy, probably one of the busiest store in the Rideau Mall. I usually work an 8 hour shift and take 30 mins lunch break, however sometime if it gets super busy so it is impossible to do so. the staff is enjoyable to work with. I would say the hardest thing in this job is to maintain your patience once a costumer is upset or there is so much happening at once in the store and it happens that we are short on staff the day, but nothing that cannot be fixable.
Pros
Able to take a 10 if needed
Cons
Sometimes you are needed over your 10 or lunch hours
productive
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC9 July 2016
I liked working here because I like fashion. It is a job that requires you to be confident, kind, reliable and knowledgeable.
Pros
Discount, Fashion
Cons
not enough hours
fun place to work but management chooses favorites
Sales Associate, Stock, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 June 2016
This job was convenient for me when i was attending university because the flexible hours. Got to meet a lot of new people, and the work environment was stressful at times but always fun. However, i was lucky that the management liked me, but i also seen how they treated other employees which was highly unfair.
Pros
meet great people, flexible work hours
Cons
Management could make the job difficult
Fast Paced, exciting and busy
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 April 2016
Very team communication focused, high traffic location, lots of cleaning and organization, fun and exciting, and lovely co-workers who are kind.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forever 21. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K