Forever 21 Employee Reviews in Ottawa, ON

Found 27 reviews matching the search See all 6,675 reviews
great experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 July 2019
Went into the job as a high school student and learned a lot more about the real world of the workplace than I did in school. They broke me out my shell and i became more outgoing.
fun work place
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 February 2019
I was a sales associate, I would greet people in and out the store and always provided help when needed. I learned how to approach people while making them comfortable, the hardest part was when people would steal products but it happens everywhere. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to see the newest fashion and arrivals at the store!
Pros
great customers
Cons
short breaks
horrible
Stock associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 October 2018
Was fun at first until they cut you and never know or promise you any hours. on calls are the worst since nobody answers in the morning so you wake up for nothing.
Very messy and difficult management
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 April 2018
Overall management of the store lacks. It is difficult to advance in your placement. Did not enjoy the hours that were given, usually given 5-10 hours bi-weekly due to the excessive amount of employees.
productive and fun workplace, love my coworkers.
Women's fashion clothing store, sales associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 November 2017
working at forever 21 taught me how to time manage myself and
gave me interpersonal skills. i loved everyone i worked with, it made going to work fun!
Unorganized workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 October 2017
Everything was all over the place; not given proper training at all. Managers made you jump into a shift with little supervision. Hardly any hours were given per week to employees.
Pros
10 % discount on items
Cons
Low hours
Fast paced environment
Store Associate/Stock Associate/Visual Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 September 2017
Forever 21 is fast paced and strenuous on your body. Be prepared to be on your feet all day. Management is good, they always ensure you have breaks and will help pick up the slack where it's needed.
pretty good
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 July 2017
Sales Associate usually depends on where the managing team likes you to be and where you excel in . For where i work its really good because all the managers are super nice and usually everyone hates their boss its natural but my boss is really nice plus they managers. I like the environment because it is very laid back and its very friendly place and i can get along with most people that work there and make new friends. The hardest part about the job is people that steal because you are technically supposed to watching out for them but at the same time you are not allowed to say anything to them or to "accuse" them of stealing even though you saw them. Another would be an employ slacking and there is usually just one where i work but it can be very frustrating.
Pros
bosses are nice to you
Cons
hardly any hours
Like the place but the hours I get are silly
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 April 2017
I get 5hrs a week at the moment and even though I'm new honestly thats just punishment. Ive never experienced this at any other job before. So if you apply have a safe job
Disorganized and Unmotivating
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 December 2016
Worst work experience I have ever had.
Disorganized.
Manual schedules.
Lack of support and direction.
Poor moral.
Lack of stable leadership.
Depressing
Pros
Cons
Benefits, lack of clear support, time wasters
Busy place where you develops friendships and work ethic
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 August 2016
A typical day a work whether it is on cash or on the floor serving costumers it is pretty busy, probably one of the busiest store in the Rideau Mall. I usually work an 8 hour shift and take 30 mins lunch break, however sometime if it gets super busy so it is impossible to do so. the staff is enjoyable to work with. I would say the hardest thing in this job is to maintain your patience once a costumer is upset or there is so much happening at once in the store and it happens that we are short on staff the day, but nothing that cannot be fixable.
Pros
Able to take a 10 if needed
Cons
Sometimes you are needed over your 10 or lunch hours
Productive environment and fun place to work
Visual Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 April 2016
Fast paced environment that challenges you daily. Each day brings something new to learn and improve many personal and interpersonal skills.
Pros
fast paced
Productive and fun workplace
MANAGER OF SERVICE AND OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 April 2016
-very busy store
- managing about 60 employees
- very strong management team
- sales driven environment
- very fun environment to work
- multitasking is the most challenging part of the job.
Very fast pace work environment
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 March 2016
Everyday at Forever 21 was busy, fast pace and involved an immense amount of multitasking. I learned to stay positive and learn quick. Management was so supportive and understanding, they truly creative a family feel among coworkers. The hardest part of working at Forever 21 was in an environment of such high traffic and minimal staff. That is where experience, prioritizing and communication were such an important part of the job to stay a float. The most enjoyable part was when you could truly satisfy a customer with making them feel confident in something they would typically never see themselves in.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Not enough hours to have enough staff on floor
Enjoyable workplace
Lead Services/ IT representative - Management (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 February 2016
The workplace is great! The company emphasizes on team work a lot and because of this, employees develop good relationships. It requires a lot of work, however the environment and the staff helps make work fun.
Fast-paced, fun work place!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 November 2015
Many people I know tell me how even walking into Forever 21 gives them anxiety. Its so big, and has so many things to choose from. If customers think this -- just imagine working there. When you are on the floor, there is never a minute you get to yourself, ALWAYS something to do.

The hardest part about my job would probably have to be the cleaning. I TRULY believe, if every person were to work one day at this store, it would NEVER be a mess. Some nights we are there until 12:00 AM organizing the store, to make sure everything is perfect for the next morning.

Although, it can be difficult at times, dealing with keeping your section maintained, as well as helping out customers to ensure they leave with a smile on their face, my co-workers make a hard day at work, seem just fine. I remember when my old manager left, she got hired at H&M and they had literally told her "We are hiring you because if you can work retail in Forever 21... You can work retail anywhere!".
Pros
Seeing what comes in the store before we sell it
Work life
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 September 2015
I loved working at forever 21 I got along with everyone we were all a big family from time to time I see myself missing being in that environment. My typical day would be running clothes back on to the floor fixing displays speaking to district managers about the layout for the store and upcoming campaigns. Management was kind of shaky in the beginning because our head manager was never trained to be a head manager but she was a wonderful person nonetheless over time she became impeccable with her position. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a hundred different task and executing them all perfectly it put real pressure on me but I learned to preserve through that. The most enjoyable part was being able to work in an environment where I got along with everyone and loved coming into work everyday because I knew someone would put a smile on my face
It was challenging and fun.
SALES (Former Employee) –  Ottawa , On24 June 2015
I liked working in forever 21 , because I learnt to work with other people , I learned to understand peoples individuality and problems . Although , sometimes it could get challenging having to balance out time .
Pros
Discounts and learnimg more about fashion
Bad management, fun environment
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 November 2014
Shifts were extremely irregular, and only few ppl get most of the hours..and the rest of us, may be kept satisfied with 4 hr/week, I know someone who has been sacked but no explanation was given, while that friend of mine accepted the decision but really doesn't know what caused this abrupt decision, so I will say the management wasn't fair at all and, yes, shows favoritism.
Pros
chic and happy environment
Cons
unfair management
productive place to gain experience
Team member, visuals and accessories (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 October 2014
the company has rules but they dont really explain these rules to new intakes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forever 21. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K