Forever 21 Employee Reviews in Brampton, ON

Found 17 reviews matching the search See all 6,806 reviews
Unbearable
Manager of Service & Training (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 April 2019
Everything starts off well at this company. The people are really nice and enjoy working with each other. However, the hierarchy is ridiculous. People make it known that they are above you and do everything possible to tear you down.

No one claims accountability for their actions. Management just blames other management below them to their superiors.

There isn’t much room for growth, they would rather hire externally than to promote within. When you speak your mind. They make every reason to try and fire you. Very toxic environment.

There are a set amount of management hours. But you will never make your 40 hours as a full time employee. 10/10 would never work at again.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Power hungry management
Terrible upper management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 April 2018
Be prepared to be micromanaged
Ruthless DM
No room for advancement
Bad pay
Be prepared to stay past closing 11 pm and work 7 am the following day
Toxic Environment
CO-OP Student Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 January 2018
As a co-op student I got to a lot of behind the scenes experiencing different roles which was a great learning experience but in sales officially it wasn't that exciting just for students or a first time job you must stay past your hours to clean up and the management is not mature just power hungry and their is way to many clothes to keep it organized
people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 November 2017
people were great. very obvious favorites and I sometimes found just distracting and hard to focus. management was hard to find and hard to talk too. came across like you were not to bother them from time to time.
Pros
in the mall
Hard work in a busy environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 April 2016
Great job great experience. Excellent first job great teams. Would highly recommend positive people always really nice. But on the whole amazing
Pros
the friendly people
Cons
working overtime
stressful workplace
Sales Associate and Cashier and stock (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 March 2016
the work is slavery,
you don't go home till 1am sometimes = feet HURT after work
they do not put any staff during the day so for the 6pm shift the store is a DISASTER!
so the closing shift does all the work and gets the store ready for the next day,
the hours are bad= not regular or no hours at all
horrible discount (only 10%)
need to have lots of patience with customers and messes
employees cant make purchases while working (cant get paid to buy something... so i stopped buying their clothes)
the ONLY thing i enjoyed was the people i worked with (minus rude managers with attitude who don't help you do any work, just sit in the back room and hide)
the CEO is on forbs list= top 500 riches people of the world yet pay their employees minimum wage and the discount for employees is only 10%....
no one should work here
Cons
No incentives, no work parties - no christmas party, long closing shifts, 5 cent raises
fast paced environment with many multi-tasking jobs
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 November 2015
Greeting customers with a smile on your face is a must, thinking positively daily helped me enjoy my job. i learned that they are many different people in this world with different personalities and working here made me adapt to all of them. forever 21 was actually a wonderful job, management was usually very understanding, co-workers are actually amazing people and the music we played around the shop helped keep us going.
Pros
Mall discount
Cons
Misunderstanding customers
productive and friendly workplace
Cashier, Sales Associate, Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 October 2015
productive, fun and friendly workplace with supportive team and management. most enjoyable part of the job was working with my colleagues and management, and learning from them. customers can sometimes get difficult but that is to be expected of any retail store environment.
Sales Associate
Co-op Education (Former Employee) –  Brampton22 June 2015
Decent place, they would always pick favourites. Did what I was asked to do, it was more for myself and school then them. Management was very unorganized.
Friendly and Encouraging work environment
Visual Internship (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 April 2014
It was always pleasant to come to work everyday. I knew that my creative skills would be challenged every day on what I could do visually to enhance the success of the store.
A Good first job, but not a job to stay at for long
Sales/Fits Associate & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 October 2013
Usually since the store was low on hours to give out I would start my day at 10am being the only one in the fitting room and sometimes the whole back of the store. My day would end at 6 and I would be very exhausted and angry because of the very low help that I receive from the store and management. I learned the acronym and it has helped me get a new jobs.
Management was good to me, however, if they did pick favourites and if you were not one of them expect your hours to be one shift a week which is usually a closing.
Co-workers were amazing, I created long-term friendships with most.
Hardest part is learning the floor set, especially if you do not work as often to memorize it and the most enjoyable part was meeting nice people.
Pros
Great Employees
Cons
No hours
Great company to work for.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 July 2013
The culture at forever 21 is a good one. Everyone is willing to help out each other and then all work as a team. Manager;s for different regions are very supportive
Work Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 April 2013
A typical working day at Forever 21 would be helping customers to the best of my ability. I always make sure that i present myself in a professional manner when working with the customers. Management team is great. They are very friendly and approachable making working there more comfortable. What I enjoy most about working there is the team. Everyone is friendly, and it is great working with them.
Its alright.
Sales/Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 February 2013
A typical day of work is folding clothes, tending to customers who actually need your help, keeping ht eplace clean,etc...managment at my location was horrible they didnt care about their workers, they made up they own rules and showed favoritism to others. they gave horrible hours also.the only cool thing was there was good co-workers everybody was nice...overall retail is a horrible job lol
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
managment, short hours
glad to have gain some work experience
Customer Service, Fitting Room, Sorting, Greeter (Former Employee) –  Brampton, Ontario11 January 2013
Greeted customers and assisted them with their needs. learned great customer service skills. Co-workers were great and had good relationships with some management. Hardest part of job was standing on my feet for hours. The most enjoyable part was working as a team and dealing with customers.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
standing for long hours
Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 September 2012
A typical day starts off as you clock in and have our opening meeting of where we are placed in the store for the remainder of the night. Through the day of work we greet customers, help customers and keep our shop clean. What I've learned is that customer service is very important in the business world. I have some amazing co-workers, I have made many good relationships with workers. The hardest part about working in such a enormous store is finding the proper place for a particular article of clothing, so you tend to see a lot of blended clothes which is not appealing.
Pros
fashion industry, meeting new people
Cons
not enough hours, not scheduled some week, isn't fun environment