Forever 21 Employee Reviews

Found 402 reviews matching the search See all 6,028 reviews
fun and safe environment with an outstanding staff
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 February 2019
A day at work was full of tasks but nothing I wasn’t willing to do, I learned many skills from this job that I am able to use in many workplace environments, the most enjoyable part of my job was creating bonds with the staff around me and having customers happy and satisfied with our help.
Pros
staff, environment
Cons
not enough hours
Unorganized and not compliant with availability
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 February 2019
I worked here for about 6 months and it was fine until it came time to put my availability in for college. They told us availability is a request, not a guarantee and if our schedule doesn't work with theirs, they will schedule outside our availability and expect us to come in to work. I also booked some days off for exams, as I am in a college degree program, and they gave me trouble basically saying work comes first. They scheduled me multiple times during the times I said I was unavailable because I had school, but they didn't care. They also post the schedules 1-3 days before the next work week stars (for example, their schedules were Sunday-saturday, so they would put the schedule for the week of Feb. 3-Feb. 9 up somewhere between Jan.31-Feb. 2) which is not enough time in advance to give us. They also expect an open availability but will only schedule you to 1-3 shifts a week. Also, the employee discount is only 10%, you aren't allowed to use that on top of sale items, and you make no commission.
not fun and the manegment is horrible
sales associate and cash (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 February 2019
the employees that were there before talk bad about the new ones and they the old employees talk to the mangers forever and not do there work where the new employee get in trouble for nothing
Cons
long hours short breaks
Great coworkers
Overstock (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 January 2019
Forever 21 was a great place to keep you focused on your job. With the number of shipments you receive, you have to stay on task and process everything.
Cons
So much clothing
Very fun place to work
FULL TIME / PART TIME (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 January 2019
Very good place to work. You learn how to be more discipline and how to deal with clients. Management is always ready to help and very organized. Really feels like you are in a big family.
Pros
Options for lunch
Cons
Early morning shift
ok
STORE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Metrotown, BC14 January 2019
Forever 21 is a good place to work. friendly staff, easy job and the pay is minimum. it's a good place to start working if you are a student or don't need too much money.
Most awful place I ever worked!!!
Visual Lead Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2019
I worked at Forever 21 for only 6 months since I hated it so much and I ended up quitting. I would never suggest anyone work with this company. I thought it would be a great place to work since I had always enjoyed shopping there but, the work environment there was the most awful experience of my life. Management was awful, not down to earth and some of the most immature and catty women I have ever met.
I am typically not a person to complain but this was truly the worst job experience of my life.
Not a bad place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON8 January 2019
I was hired to open a new store. The job was great for 3 months or so. Then around Christmas they started cutting my hours which made no sense because it was Christmas LOL! Then the following January I had like no hours (3 hours a week) which no one can live on.

Management was pretty good - understanding and kind.

I'd suggest working here :)
Pros
Fun, fashion forward
Cons
Bad discount, messy store, cut hours
Horrible place to work
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC6 January 2019
Worked at the Victoria location, management was bad and they chose favorites. They bullied other employees for stupid things for no good reason. They wont give you shifts if they dont like you, rather then explaining they just push you out not professional at all. Same goes if they dont like you, they will be little you to the point you leave. Some of the people are really nice but it's mostly the management that really makes everything horrible. The pay is just as youd imagine minimum wage for alot of work and no word of gratitude.
It's a good job for those who are going to school and need flexible shifts. But they are picky on time off and if you want to take a holiday chances are you'll have to quite cause you won't get it. Also they dont give references so if you want someone from there to references you for another better job your not getting it.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Managment
Good people, bad managment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB18 December 2018
Loved working with the people employed here, it made it more enjoyable to attend work. The management was poor especially when it came to scheduling and communicating with their staff.
Cons
bad managment
Fun workplace
Retail & Stock (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 December 2018
Made the job environment very enjoyable, had fun and got work done. Teamwork was essential and we got the job done together as a team. Help is always there when needed.
productive place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2018
A great fun place to excel and mature. Good managers and co-operative co workers. Helpful in training and lenient with hours. Great first job and hours!
over worked and under paid
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 December 2018
I've worked at multiple F21 locations and they are all as dysfunctional as the next, with GMs on wild power trips to Managers bullying employees to the point of quitting. There is no communication in the company with major store changes being sprung on employees with unrealistic deadlines causing a stressful and exhausting environment. It shouldn't be that hard to work there but they make it as difficult as possible for both low level managers and low level employees. Stock would either not come on time, be extremely off in quantity, not show up at all or some combination of the three. It's fine as a part time job that you don't care about, but don't waste too much time there, you will not be appreciated.
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
10% employee discount
Great place for a first job in Canada, giving the opportunity to learn and experience basic retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North York, ON29 November 2018
The day would start very simple, yet busy as we are all on the floor cleaning up the fallen clothes and fixing racks for better customer experience. I learned a lot about retail work and how customer's satisfaction is top priority, as well as learning customer service in the fitting rooms. We would try to make the goal of the day. It was a friendly atmosphere and everyone worked as a team, no one was left out and we made sure to finish closing up by making the store look clean and ready for customers. This was also the hardest part of the job as the store was rather large and difficult to clean up quickly. The most enjoyable part was how everyone became friends inside and outside of work quickly and we all agreed that we are on the same boat and that we should all help each other to have the best outcome. The management would change from time to time at the time when i worked there so it was a bit challenging as the style of management would be different and this would effect how we perform and when we get out of the store in closing shifts.
Not Good Enough
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 November 2018
Not trained the first day. Thrown into the job with no direction. Given too much to do in too little time. Management is fine but overall could be better. Terrible customer service no matter how much employees try, management is always telling us to do better. Little to no communication.
Typical work day is clocking in, being told what section of the store your in and do your job...kind of hard when you're not trained and the majority of people give you attitude.

Overall, will not be going back.
Cons
Long hours for closing, not enough breaks, no training
Good company, bad management .
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 November 2018
A lot of multicultural and age work place to work. Very high school, a lot of drama and favouritism with the management with the employees. Overall, it's a good company to work out, but like any other job it's the management team that has issues.
Pros
exactly 8 hrs, different age group.
Cons
Poor management
Cashier & Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Robson, BC2 November 2018
Hours were long and great to make good money. Environment was good surrounded with good coworkers. Company was good and the goal each shift was to achieve something better
An amazing place to begin your fashion career in merchandising.
ACCESSORIES LEAD SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 October 2018
The environment is very encouraging, as you are given the opportunity to learn and build your confidence as an employee in whatever field you are in.
Pros
Great Clothes.
Cons
Messy customers.
Happy
Sales Associate/Fitting Room (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 October 2018
People you get to work with are very fun and friendly. I've met lots of my best friends working there. The managers are good leaders but are also very snappy.
Pros
The people you work with
Cons
Tedious
horrible
Stock associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 October 2018
Was fun at first until they cut you and never know or promise you any hours. on calls are the worst since nobody answers in the morning so you wake up for nothing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forever 21. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K