Foresters Employee Reviews

soul sucking company
Contracting Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2018
Managers are mostly white, so if you are minority, you will not be promoted just because of that. Of course, thats not what they would or could ever claim, but given that majority of the people with the highest yielding results are minorities but managers are not, speaks volumes. So, if all you need is a 9-5 with little hope for growth, this is for you.
Pros
some work from home days for some departments
Cons
everything else
Bad experience
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2018
Too many changes withing the company, bad training. They do not provide you with leads or ways to learn how to increase your business. I think the company has changed but before was really bad
office job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2017
Desk job so most of my days would be just sitting by a desk and answering the phone. Forwarding calls to others within foresters and provinding the best service i can to help the customers.
Pros
salary was good
No Team Work
Operations / Production Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 April 2017
Apply my previous experience so I can change some of the work we do using automation tools but team do not want to make any changes and still want to do the same old way. No one willing to learn the new technology and apply on day to day work.
Pros
Poor Team work
Cons
Good Management
Volunteer
Volunteer Member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 March 2017
It was volunteer work with a big group of people doing various items. did many item like fundrasiers for child making bears for children and giving them to the hospitail.
Great people great team - looking for a change
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 December 2016
Foresters is a strong and solid insurance company that does offer room for advancement, focusing currently on changing the culture and developing talent, Foresters will become a great place to work . Many perks, free lunches, lots of Overtime, learning opportunities, coaching and developing. Always changing .
Pros
overtime, learning
Cons
lots and lots of work, not enough staff, Sr management mindset
Management lacks any real direction.
Service Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2016
The organization is always changing.
There quality control is below industry standard.
The company needs to invest in there employees so they can achieve success.
Company claims to be a family organization but when you have a family emergency it is frowned upon.

The best part of the job is the people in which you work with.
fun to work with my co-workers
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2016
its nice to work with my co-worker, my supervisor and manager are very nice. People working there are positive, and very helpful.
Pros
good hours
Cons
you have to finish yur quota
very professional environment
Human Resources Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2016
Very professional environment with smart individuals working together. Great opportunities for community involvement.
This is not a professional environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2016
Manager are not professional, just a call center. No room for advance. Some nice co-workers. Apply, only if you need some money and no more............
Pros
Cons
Long Hours
Productive and Fun workplace
-- (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2016
Good place to work, excellent people and coworkers. Opportunity to grow and learn from peers. Good corporate vision and focuses on community involvement.
Fun, Exciting, Caring Company
Claim Adjudicator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2015
Foresters is a Fraternal Benefits Society, they are about helping communities and believe our members and surrounding communities are what shape the company and are always looking for other ways to assist.
There is always something to boost morale and they do not treat their employees as a number, they are people and Foresters cares.
Fast-paced and challenging work environment with lots of treats
Actuarial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 February 2015
Everyday, there are new projects to look forward to and model improvement with VBA can be interesting and challenging at the same time. Everyone here is friendly and helpful. The environment encourage asking a lot of questions and voicing out opinions.
Pros
Free treats (Chocolates, cupcakes, cookies, fruits, etc...)
Cons
Tight deadlines
Foresters, Working there
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 October 2014
I love working for Foresters. They have the best work life balance I've ever had before.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Job Security sometimes shakey
Great place to work.
Market Relations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2014
I began my career with Foresters straight from graduating from high school. I started my career in a junior position and was promoted throughout the years to many other positions. I worked with many different people over the years and developed many great friendships. Foresters was like a second home.
Pros
Great benefit packages and pension plans. Easily accessible by car.
I great experience
Bilingual Service Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2014
Foresters was a new experience it changed my perception about insurance. I learned about insurance and insurance products offer by Foresters. I enjoyed even more when I received good feedback from members that I helped.
Friendly,interactive,fun filled environment
Quality Assurance analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 December 2013
Along with a good start of the day and good scope for learning new tools ,technology learned a lot as the colleges were very supportive and friendly and encouraging.
All good
Granting Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto1 December 2013
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the jo
Productive Fun Workplace
Certificate Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2013
Very friendly co-workers. Made going to work enjoyable, especially when overtime was required. Hardest part of the job is keeping up with the workload during peak volumes. Most enjoyable part of the job were the people.
Productive working environment with a realistic sense of a family camaraderie
Case Manger, Image Associate, Contract Admin, (Former Employee) –  Toronto Canada16 February 2012
My time working for Forester was nothing but spectacular. It is by far my most memorable working experience I have ever encountered. I learned so much on the job and from my fellow co workers. There wasn't a day that I didn't enjoy waking up in the morning and making my way to work. Everyday was learning experience professionally and personally.
Pros
fund raising events for sick kids hospital, company sporting events, investment insurance opportunities
Cons
job security was not stable