Foresters

Foresters Employee Reviews

Canada23 reviews
Very good place to work
A lot of very long serving employees at this location. That means there is very little room for advancement until a person in a desired role you are looking for retires. They also change their senior management roles very frequently.
5000 a month
Makes sure you keep all you’re trips sheets because they lose them a lot for some reason at the office . The Forman are mostly very high on themselves and like to talk down at people
Amazing place to work
Work environment is clean and nice. Friendly team leader and co-workers. Cafetaria facility. Good pay. Overtime hours when needed. Hands-on help when needed
Pros
Amazing place to work
Cons
Too far
soul sucking company
Managers are mostly white, so if you are minority, you will not be promoted just because of that. Of course, thats not what they would or could ever claim, but given that majority of the people with the highest yielding results are minorities but managers are not, speaks volumes. So, if all you need is a 9-5 with little hope for growth, this is for you.
Pros
some work from home days for some departments
Cons
everything else
Bad experience
Too many changes withing the company, bad training. They do not provide you with leads or ways to learn how to increase your business. I think the company has changed but before was really bad
office job
Desk job so most of my days would be just sitting by a desk and answering the phone. Forwarding calls to others within foresters and provinding the best service i can to help the customers.
Pros
salary was good
No Team Work
Apply my previous experience so I can change some of the work we do using automation tools but team do not want to make any changes and still want to do the same old way. No one willing to learn the new technology and apply on day to day work.
Pros
Poor Team work
Cons
Good Management
Volunteer
It was volunteer work with a big group of people doing various items. did many item like fundrasiers for child making bears for children and giving them to the hospitail.
Great people great team - looking for a change
Foresters is a strong and solid insurance company that does offer room for advancement, focusing currently on changing the culture and developing talent, Foresters will become a great place to work . Many perks, free lunches, lots of Overtime, learning opportunities, coaching and developing. Always changing .
Pros
overtime, learning
Cons
lots and lots of work, not enough staff, Sr management mindset
Management lacks any real direction.
The organization is always changing.
There quality control is below industry standard.

The company needs to invest in there employees so they can achieve success.

Company claims to be a family organization but when you have a family emergency it is frowned upon.

The best part of the job is the people in which you work with.
fun to work with my co-workers
its nice to work with my co-worker, my supervisor and manager are very nice. People working there are positive, and very helpful.
Pros
good hours
Cons
you have to finish yur quota
very professional environment
Very professional environment with smart individuals working together. Great opportunities for community involvement.
This is not a professional environment
Manager are not professional, just a call center. No room for advance. Some nice co-workers. Apply, only if you need some money and no more............
Pros
Cons
Long Hours
Productive and Fun workplace
Good place to work, excellent people and coworkers. Opportunity to grow and learn from peers. Good corporate vision and focuses on community involvement.
Fun, Exciting, Caring Company
Foresters is a Fraternal Benefits Society, they are about helping communities and believe our members and surrounding communities are what shape the company and are always looking for other ways to assist.
There is always something to boost morale and they do not treat their employees as a number, they are people and Foresters cares.
Fast-paced and challenging work environment with lots of treats
Everyday, there are new projects to look forward to and model improvement with VBA can be interesting and challenging at the same time. Everyone here is friendly and helpful. The environment encourage asking a lot of questions and voicing out opinions.
Pros
Free treats (Chocolates, cupcakes, cookies, fruits, etc...)
Cons
Tight deadlines
Foresters, Working there
I love working for Foresters. They have the best work life balance I've ever had before.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Job Security sometimes shakey
Great place to work.
I began my career with Foresters straight from graduating from high school. I started my career in a junior position and was promoted throughout the years to many other positions. I worked with many different people over the years and developed many great friendships. Foresters was like a second home.
Pros
Great benefit packages and pension plans. Easily accessible by car.
I great experience
Foresters was a new experience it changed my perception about insurance. I learned about insurance and insurance products offer by Foresters. I enjoyed even more when I received good feedback from members that I helped.
Friendly,interactive,fun filled environment
Along with a good start of the day and good scope for learning new tools ,technology learned a lot as the colleges were very supportive and friendly and encouraging.
All good
a typical day at work
what you learned

management

your co-workers

the hardest part of the job

the most enjoyable part of the jo
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foresters. Our community is ready to answer.
Foresters Reviews by Location