Foresters Financial

Foresters Financial Employee Reviews

Foresters financial is the best place to work with ..cooworkers are so good and they were so helpful ...... also the paid wise it was good as welll .......
- I had to be in office 5 days a week with options to work remotely - Challenging environment - Management works for people - Friendly culture with a lot of team work - Hardest part was to work with OffShore Vendor - Bi-Weekly team collaboration
Foresters is a company driven by the right reasons. There has been a tremendous amount of change in a very short period of time, which has lead to a somewhat mixed environment. For the most part, the people at Foresters are hard working and caring.
Skill/career development is minimal. Management is a revolving door as there have been 8 management changes in my department alone since I was hired in 2016.
Management is full of themselves and treats the New Business department like a number. Not a lot of room for growth. Lots of change; systems, management, etc
The ELT does not care about anything but their bonus and keeping their jobs. HR did not protect employees from bullying but rather told managers about complaints. Every October there were lots of people fired for NO reason so staff just held their breath to make it through the month. While the majority of their sales come from the US, US employees are treated like dirt and considered disposable. My reviews were stellar and still I was treated like I didn't matter. It has so much potential but the Board and the CEO are idiots and have no idea what they are doing. I was told by the VP of the team that he had no time for innovation and I needed to just do my job and stop thinking of ways to improve things. There is no vision and no thought of the customers. So SAD! The worst part is how they talk about people who leave. They ruin their reputation within the building. If the EEOC was ever called they would have a real issue. No matter what they offer don't do it. You will have PTSD after you leave.
Pros
Benefits are decent
Cons
Everything. Bad management, no vision, self important Board, no care for members, lack of fiscal responsibility, HR violations
I had a good experience working for Foresters Financial. Management and the employees were helpful in the training and developing for the time I was there.
Love the company cultures and giving back to our communality. The company cares about their employees. Staff are usually nice here and everybody almost everybody. Feel like family.
Pros
Cultures
Cons
Systems
The entire company is backdated and does not understand marketing in general. They do not provide on boarding, the tools to do your job, etc. The VP likes to play favourites, so if you are in good with her you have job security.
Foresters Financials is a leading Insurance company in Canada, USA and UK. The workplace culture is very good and foresters employees will support / help at work.
4-5 weeks of training not enough to do the job. Most training happen by answering calls and training your self while taking calls, no training on how to use internal databases. Many on line coarces, compliance training and emails to read between calls, very very stressful .Most staff tell you to look it up in learning database when help is needed . Little downtime. callers wait long time & are from USA some are hostle when they find out your from canada. High turn over of staff. They have full time person to train groups every few months. Many staff complain. Allot of mistakes throughout company customers told wrong information. Unlimited sick days but if more than 5 are taken you are 'warned''. Very high expectations of you by way of training on new programs new rules , its rushed and it never ever ends. Unrealistic expectations, preferences given based on merit. supervisor never happy finds something wrong even for people who do a good job . Must work to 8pm for a week a month. Wish I didn't take this opportunity.
Pros
Good food in cafeteria . Good benefits
Cons
Stressful, demanding, poor training
Apply position when rapid streetcar complete from Yonge to Don Mills. Commute to work is annoying. It is not a good advantage comparing with other financial firm.
it was ok.. I only worked there temporarily it was not something i wanted to do long-term. I enjoyed my time there, but i have moved on and now i am interested in something else.
The manager in my department depended on some of the older employees who have been with the company for over 10 years who spent their time gossiping and telling tales of other employees who did not meet their expectations. Most of these employees did no work and were still praised, and the newer employees had to work really hard in order to complete their work and the work of their seniors, but are not appreciated or recognized for the amount of work done and time spent. We often had to stay extra hours in order to complete the work, and were hardly paid over-time for our work.
I enjoy working here. I have worked in two departments. Different management styles. Silo mentality. some managers are really good, while others need coaching. good company to work for
benefits
Cons
lack of planning
Typical insurance corporate environment. Birthdays are celebrated with cake for the team. Mostly enjoyable part of the job is working with good people on the team.
Management changed course far too many times during my tenure. Initially the role was a wonderful when I started in 2000. The role was entirely client and membership focused. Management was accessible and progressive. However, over time, the role and compensation structure began to devolve. in time, the many changes in middle and upper management resulted in a culture which was less client focused on sales and more concentrated on the bottom line. This resulted in the sales staff becoming incentivized to act against the best interests of the Foresters membership and clients. one this n=became clear to me, I tendered my resignation and embarked on a different course.
Pros
The aforementioned model was eventually abandoned
Cons
The aforementioned devolved to a point that convinced me to leave.
Did not enjoy working for this company. The pay was good, but you are very micromanaged and there is very little chance of professional growth or advancement available. Also the clients are primarily American and can be very hostile when they realize they are dealing with a Canadian company.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours and miserable unhappy clients
Good place to work at, management is approachable and supportive though it may take a long for advancement or promotions to be made available. Overall opinion is positive though.
the management does not care much about employees and most department managers could care less about who work there, especially if you are under contract. all they want to know is that they reach their daily goal and they do not recognize employees for their hard work. tell-tales are encouraged and most employees who have been their for a while, are able to spend their day doing almost nothing and get paid for it while new employees have to do their work and the work of their seniors if they want to keep the job
Overall the people are great and the company is awful. No room for advancement, you have to be liked by management in order to be "released" to another dept. Or have a family member that has some tenure, otherwise you're stuck! Employees that actually do quality work are over looked and come across as slackers vs reps that take 70+ calls per day that are undocumented...many of those calls produce call backs. Management is a JOKE several a* kissers that get others to do their work and they take credit. Need to hire more staff as callers tend to wait 20+ mins to speak to anyone and are irrate before you can can get to the reason fir their call. Agents lack knowledge and submit business they know won't stay on the books but long enough for them to get compensated. Their comp is pretty good too. The only good thing is some of the benefits they offering their members...like the emergency disaster relief but they have to wait 8 weeks to get it. So much for emergency benefits. The CEO has a great personality though, dispite being American.
Pros
Location, salary
Cons
Have to work Canadian holidays. Lack of quality management no room for advancement