Foresters Financial

Working at Foresters Financial: Employee Reviews

Canada60 reviews

Continuous repetitive routine

Management not physically involved in daily operations, Needs to be more flexible and open to suggestionsEveryday workloads are different and work tasks needs to be adjusted accordingly

Great introductory career

Awesome place for a starter career for students who just graduate. Not much for growth. Micro managed which is somewhat annoying. Apart from that a nice company to jump start your career.

Pros

I love what the company stands for

Cons

Low pay

Insights into Foresters Financial

• Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Good entry-level Job

The job is suitable for entry-level with no previous work experience in the financial industry or insurance. The people are great, but the work itself is boring and repetitive. There's no room for advancement in the company, and the salary is low for the amount of work you have to put in.

Pros

Great team, depending on your department.

Cons

Repetitive and stressful job.

Fun place to grow and learn

Started off working in the basement and everyone was so nice and friendly. This was my first job in insurance and everyone made it easy to learn and grow. Team meetings were fun and managers were great!

Pros

Cool events and people made work not so boring

Cons

Can be stressful but managers understand

Excellent Place to Work

- I had to be in office 5 days a week with options to work remotely - Challenging environment - Management works for people - Friendly culture with a lot of team work - Hardest part was to work with OffShore Vendor - Bi-Weekly team collaboration

Excellent

Foresters financial is the best place to work with ..cooworkers are so good and they were so helpful ...... also the paid wise it was good as welll .......

A well meaning and purpose driven company

Foresters is a company driven by the right reasons. There has been a tremendous amount of change in a very short period of time, which has lead to a somewhat mixed environment. For the most part, the people at Foresters are hard working and caring.

High expectations, low salaries

Skill/career development is minimal. Management is a revolving door as there have been 8 management changes in my department alone since I was hired in 2016.

Not for everyone

Management is full of themselves and treats the New Business department like a number. Not a lot of room for growth. Lots of change; systems, management, etc

It was a nightmare!

The ELT does not care about anything but their bonus and keeping their jobs. HR did not protect employees from bullying but rather told managers about complaints. Every October there were lots of people fired for NO reason so staff just held their breath to make it through the month. While the majority of their sales come from the US, US employees are treated like dirt and considered disposable. My reviews were stellar and still I was treated like I didn't matter. It has so much potential but the Board and the CEO are idiots and have no idea what they are doing. I was told by the VP of the team that he had no time for innovation and I needed to just do my job and stop thinking of ways to improve things. There is no vision and no thought of the customers. So SAD! The worst part is how they talk about people who leave. They ruin their reputation within the building. If the EEOC was ever called they would have a real issue. No matter what they offer don't do it. You will have PTSD after you leave.

Pros

Benefits are decent

Cons

Everything. Bad management, no vision, self important Board, no care for members, lack of fiscal responsibility, HR violations

Good Company

I had a good experience working for Foresters Financial. Management and the employees were helpful in the training and developing for the time I was there.

Good company with cultures

Love the company cultures and giving back to our communality. The company cares about their employees. Staff are usually nice here and everybody almost everybody. Feel like family.

Pros

Cultures

Cons

Systems

Amazing place to work

Work environment is clean and nice. Friendly team leader and co-workers. Cafetaria facility. Good pay. Overtime hours when needed. Hands-on help when needed

Pros

Amazing place to work

Cons

Too far

Marketing

The entire company is backdated and does not understand marketing in general. They do not provide on boarding, the tools to do your job, etc. The VP likes to play favourites, so if you are in good with her you have job security.

Nice company to work

Foresters Financials is a leading Insurance company in Canada, USA and UK. The workplace culture is very good and foresters employees will support / help at work.

Horrible -save your energy

4-5 weeks of training not enough to do the job. Most training happen by answering calls and training your self while taking calls, no training on how to use internal databases. Many on line coarces, compliance training and emails to read between calls, very very stressful .Most staff tell you to look it up in learning database when help is needed . Little downtime. callers wait long time & are from USA some are hostle when they find out your from canada. High turn over of staff. They have full time person to train groups every few months. Many staff complain. Allot of mistakes throughout company customers told wrong information. Unlimited sick days but if more than 5 are taken you are 'warned''. Very high expectations of you by way of training on new programs new rules , its rushed and it never ever ends. Unrealistic expectations, preferences given based on merit. supervisor never happy finds something wrong even for people who do a good job . Must work to 8pm for a week a month. Wish I didn't take this opportunity.

Pros

Good food in cafeteria . Good benefits

Cons

Stressful, demanding, poor training

Very good place to work

A lot of very long serving employees at this location. That means there is very little room for advancement until a person in a desired role you are looking for retires. They also change their senior management roles very frequently.

Drive in not convenient location

Apply position when rapid streetcar complete from Yonge to Don Mills. Commute to work is annoying. It is not a good advantage comparing with other financial firm.

soul sucking company

Managers are mostly white, so if you are minority, you will not be promoted just because of that. Of course, thats not what they would or could ever claim, but given that majority of the people with the highest yielding results are minorities but managers are not, speaks volumes. So, if all you need is a 9-5 with little hope for growth, this is for you.

Pros

some work from home days for some departments

Cons

everything else

a typical day

it was ok.. I only worked there temporarily it was not something i wanted to do long-term. I enjoyed my time there, but i have moved on and now i am interested in something else.

Bad experience

Too many changes withing the company, bad training. They do not provide you with leads or ways to learn how to increase your business. I think the company has changed but before was really bad

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foresters Financial. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement