Forest of Flowers

Forest of Flowers Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews
A great place to branch into floral design if that is a trade youre wanting to go into. They offer training and they are a busy shop so you get lots of experience.
The floral industry gets busy 5 times a year and be prepared to go into overtime and some very long days.

Pros
Floral design training, small business type family feel
Cons
Long hours during holiday times, lower end of salary pay
-Time passes quickly.
-Very fun workplace.

-Good place for parttimers

-Good management.

-Most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with new customers.
Good fast-paced environment but management is never around so you are essentially playing manager and sales associate at times for only minimum wage and disrespect.
Pros
you get to work with flowers.
Cons
long hours and always on your feet. breaks are frowned upon.
I can see how other locations in the franchise would be a great place to work judging from what I have learnt about the franchise overall, but unfortunately I don’t have much good to say about my experience working at the Burlington location.
The owners/managers seemed incapable of training me as there seemed to be no unity between any of the senior staff.

They all trained me in different ways (some of which even I knew made no sense and were sloppy, and lots of corner cuts just to get the job done as quick as possible) and this was incredibly confusing to me considering they're a franchise and are soposed to have a routine way of operating to be on par with other stores as well. Because of all the confusion that seemed to be occurring, it was near impossible to understand or advance the skills I was to be learning. To top it all off, there is so much pressure being put on newbie employees to pick up the pace and hurry up, even after only training for less then 2 weeks, which I could never really understand because the store never even seemed to be busy, with only 1 or 2 customers coming in during most of my shifts. I was also told I had lasted longer than most after only being employed for about a month, and should have quit as soon as I heard that because from this point on the owner/managers began being increasingly rude. Overall, I enjoyed the atmosphere but this particular franchise is operated by people who do not care about how they treat they're employees, and probably need to all be retrained or fired themselves if the franchise heads actually witnessed the way
 - more...
I very much enjoyed my years working for Forest of Flowers. Holiday times can be rough because of the long hours but you get through it as a team and it feels very satisfying every time you get through a holiday period.
Pros
Working with flowers and awesome coworkers
Cons
Long hours at holiday times
It's kind of fun working in the flower shop but there's a lot of stress that comes with it you're expected to work 12 hours plus on holidays and it's not appreciated over all. The manager I had was a tyrant and expected everybody to do things their way. They would say things like oh I can't leave because I can't trust my staff. Workers tend to be quick to blame others for mistakes. Having good penmanship and being able to take addresses and information is crucial. And this is a very fast paced environment.
Pros
Make pretty Arrangements
Cons
Highly stressful environment
good people all and all easy to get along with. I was a sign walker which meant being out in the heat on 40 plus degree days and they were also making sure I was coming in every 15 minutes for drinks and a break.
Pros
good bosses
Cons
working in all weather.
Great environment to work in! Exceptional co workers who go above and beyond to make sure working is fun! You learn a lot on how to read a person. You also learn how to connect with customers so you are able to help them find exactly what it is they are looking for even when they don't.
Overall, I have been treated quite fairly. There unfortunately are not a lot of hours to go around. The location has been easy to get to as well which has been helpful.
Forest of flowers was a beautiful place to work! Not just because of the flowers, but my boss and coworkers were always understanding and caring. I was taught almost everything I know today about the industry by the owner and head designer, who were always patient with my short comings but quick to celebrate my success. A typical day would involve helping customers, for and through, every occasion, learning something new in design and pitching in with the team to keep the store looking good. From cleaning buckets to putting up christmas lights, there was never a dull moment!
Good management the job was flexible with hours since I was student nothing was difficult that I couldn't overcome. paid well the only reason that I left because it was seasonal, temporary and I wanted somewhere that was permanent.