Forest Ridge Landscaping

Forest Ridge Landscaping Employee Reviews

Fun conversations

They switch you round so your not stuck doing one thing having new tools is a asset and have really good equipment and team to keep up on equipment ..

Pros

Cons

Medium hrs

Unorganized business, actions differing from their words in regards to what they will offer their employees.

I was told I will receive a guaranteed 50 hours per week for work from Forest Ridge before beginning, they only gave me about 25-30 hours per week as I worked there for 8 weeks. This must have been their sales pitch to potential employees as they were desperate for workers. Extremely disappointed in the communication within this company as supervisors would not find out their job sites for the next day until 9pm-10pm the night before (almost every night) which can be extremely inconvenient waiting to figure out what the work plan is for the next day. A very toxic environment within the social community inside this company as lots of back biting was prevalent behind all employees and supervisors, seemed as if no one got along or liked working with eachother. Another instance would be when a supervisor told me to lift a extremely heavy bag (about 1000 pounds) which ultimately led to herniating my spinal disc which I know suffer from sciatica because of. I would not recommend anyone to work here

Cons

Short hours, low pay, extremely heavy work, supervisors not being aware of Safety hazards and endangering employees

Straight Forward Job Poorly Run

There is no direction to crew, some would be off doing nothing. Problems with proper pay where we all had to email HR to fix it 3 weeks later. Equipment constantly broken and not getting fixed, which you'd expect would be important with snow removal. Poor communication all around.

Cons

Company doesn't understand labour laws, no direction to crew members who don't work

Great Place!

Forest Ridge is a great place to work. From the beginning you are welcomed as a part of the team. Co workers are great, helpful and willing to share their knowledge. Overall a great experience.

I enjoy working for Forest Ridge - it is easy to get along with everyone, it was easy to fit in right from the beginning, and seeing everyone else work hard really motivates you to work hard as well.

Great Family Cultured Organization

We have been serving the GTA communities year round for over 25 years. I work with folks who have stayed with this family first company for many years, growing their skills and experiences. Others return year over year for the seasonal work they enjoy doing. Summer BBQ's, employee appreciation events, Christmas parties, company wear, are just some of the perks available. Seasonal work is not for everyone, but if you enjoy working outdoors improving your community, come check us out!

Pros

Great co-workers, Trade skills development, Company benefit program available, Staff appreciation events

Fun, productive and rewarding

This company is awesome. They have reasonable hours. The pay is fine. They reward those who are committed. Company Christmas party, summer BBQs. Those who decide to trash talk the company through INDEED are the laggards who have been vetted out. Positive people stick together. Trucks and equipment are up to date. A full-service team that ensures everything is well maintained.

Not a great landscaping company to work for...

Everything at this company is a disaster. I would not recommend working here to anyone. It taught me a valuable lesson of not taking just any job... Pay was unreasonable for the way they expected us to work. Wanted us working like dogs for a lousy $15/hr... This is the lowest paying landscaping company I have worked for and expected to be a slave for poor pay. They leave their trucks running during lunch... Crew leads are very immature and do not follow any protocol/rules... They smoke in their trucks, throw trash out the window, and have no respect for their workers. I did not have a very pleasant experience working here.

Official response from Forest Ridge Landscaping

17 January 2020
Hello,We're sorry to hear that you had a bad experience working for our company. We pride ourselves on our family-oriented work environment and our dedicated employees who stay with us year-over-year. Please reach out to us regarding your experience here so we can address your concerns and try to rectify this as soon as possible.Thanks

Its alright

They have okay management and the work hours are long but you pull in alot of money here there is always work winter is when the money actually comes check it out

Great place to work!

Whether you are working in the field or the office, Forest Ridge makes you feel apart of the team! If you are looking to find employment with a company who is continually growing each year and shows compassion, this is the place for you!

Great

Great place to work at. Takes a long time to get a pay raise. Able to learn how to drive heavy machinery and learn valuable skills in the construction workforce

Not Worth It.

Ill keep this short and right to the point. - Super long work days from 6:30 AM to anywhere between 6-8 PM. - Only have one for sure day off per week (Sunday) - Terrible pay (just barely over minimal wage) especially for the amount of work your expected to do and the physical aspect. - Back breaking work where back and joint issues are bound to happen, on top of that they provide no benefits........ - Contract work so job security is none existent. - Only positive is the guys that your out at the work site with are great and down to earth working class people. - Just a side note landscaping work is terrible anyways you should just avoid it all together, find something else that you wont break your back over and get paid more then a person flipping burgers.

Pros

Lots of hours if your into that, coworkers are great

Cons

Basically everything

Family based buisness

Excellent staff and work environment you either are family or treated as such. A fun and loving environment with chance for advancement.great learning opportunities.

Pros

Family orintated friendly enviroment

Cons

Non consistant hours slow paced

Launch???

Any employee that spells lunch incorrectly should not be paid for it. Most companies do not pay for your "launch". Good luck on your future endeavors...

great

great to work for long hours pay from the time you sign until you signed out also gotb to work in the winter

Pros

no payed launch

Cons

great hours

Landscaping And Snow Removal

a typical day at work with this company was an average of 14-16 hour days arriving at the shop for 630 am and being down in Vaughan cutting boulevards for the city till about 7 or 8 pm almost every night for minimal 6-7 days a week. There was 2 weeks where we had to work straight monday to sundays. 14 hr days easily.I was a crew leader with this company for the first bit i really enjoyed the work and the people but when you get promoted and drive a pick-up with a crew of people and a trailer full of equipment and ask for a 2$ raise and had been told you will get it NUMEROUS times... i requested it for the last time still got no response... (keep in mind i was driving a veryyyy unstable vehicle, the gearswitch was held together by a twist-tie by a employee while i was on the road.) had to drive the truck back to the shop in Holland Landing from Vaughan.So i had no choice but to lay down my keys and give it up.

Pros

none.

Cons

no life outside work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forest Ridge Landscaping. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6Job security/advancement