Forensic Psychiatric Hospital

Forensic Psychiatric Hospital Employee Reviews

A secure psychiatric hospital
A good place to work but lots of new staffs make for a lack of consistent routine. The management is making lots of positive changes to make the hospital safer for staffs and patients. The benefits are great but the wage is very low compared to the cost of living on the west coast. .
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Workplace violence
Good workplace
Good group of people to work with, interesting workplace, always something new to learn
Unique experience
Working at the forensic hospital you have to be very mindful of personal space and safety. Overall i think i have learned a lot working here. Can be challenging depending the moods of the patients. We work as a team for the mutual safety of the staff and patients. It,s good to know I can rely on my coworkers when needed. The most enjoyable part of my job is the comradery between my coworkers that extends beyond work.
Unique experience
My Role at the FPH includes providing hands on care to the patients as needed per their individual needs. I work on all 12 units that range from maximum to minimum security. The population at the hospital is individuals suffering from a mental illness who have come in conflict with the law. Remand unit is focused on assessments to determine whether the patient is unfit to stand trial or found NCRMD at the time of the offence. If found unfit or NCRMD they move on through the hospital starting with the Psychiatric Intensive care unit where the treatment and integration of programs begins. The goal is stabilize individuals through the hospital moving from maximum to minimum security unit and eventually back into the community.
Good pay and benefits
Good pay and benefits but no opportunity for advancement and no encouragement from management to improve skills. Fine for someone who just wants to go through the motions and accept the status quo.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Boring
Very good
Working at the forensic hospital you have to be very mindful of personal space and safety. Overall i think i have learned a lot working here and really enjoy working here.
no concept of teamwork and respect
Lack of teamwork makes this worksite of the most dysfunctional environment I have ever worked for in many many years.
A dpt. whose food service employees are clearly divided with each side constantly blaming the other.

Management is very aware of the difficulties and promotes one sided complaints.
Pros
could be a great job…maybe
Cons
casuals not willing to stay due to the toxic environment
Engage with patients to get feedback on how they are coping
I prepare diets and various food for the patients
I play vollyball and gym activities.

I socialize in the Recreation Center with the patients
Pros
get to engage with patients--------and the fact i am employed in this economy
Cons
there is no advancement---job is the same every year
Good coworkers that I can rely on.