Ford Motor Company

Clear
4.1Pay & benefits

Found 92 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,529 reviews

Extremely stressfull ...competative

If you are honest .hardworking and conscientious....this is not the place for you...it is very...competative...and management at the time i worked there were just intimidating bullies...very unorganized...and rewarded for blaming others....outside of that it can be very rewarding...if you can hang in there for a year or so...opportunities can open up.benefits and salary are good.....product is interesting...very complexe systems....very fast paced...turnover rate from a management perspective ..was very high...because of long hours

Pros

Lots of overtime good wages and benefits

Cons

Long hours...too many meetings....union and management are always fighting and in constant turmoil

Worst job i have ever had

Left a very secure job for this company, I have been laid off more than I have worked, they have no respect for skilled trades employees and it shows. The union is useless. Extremely high stress job with the worst benefits and vacation package I have ever had as a tradesman. Stay where you are this job isn't what it was 20 years ago.

Cons

Ford. Once upon a time a highly desirable job.

Master certified technician makes warranty time (40%) less than retail jobs just because he has the certificates. Works his tail off to make his way and gets ridiculed for stating as much. High stress low pay everyone complains just as much but a job is a job.

Pros

Cons

Lots.

Fast paced rewarding and great team

Its is a fast paced environment and it can be demanding at times. But you have a great team including management to support each other. The people genuinely care about you and it is a place where all team members succeed together.

Pros

Great benefits and pay.

Cons

Best company to work for. Amazing.

Who work at ford motor co. is just a great adventure because once you really know what is going on , the time , days weeks years, go by and you spend your time without mayor problems , just mind your own business and your time working there will be a breeze . Benefits, are second to none and the culture inside the plant is great as long as you do whathever they assign you to do. Consider yourself very lucky if they hire you to spend your time working at such a wonder place. Once you know your job, no one will butter you , just follow the rules and you will never regreat having to work for one of the greatest companies in Canada.

Pros

great salary, benefits, etc.

Cons

to deal with certain individuals that nothing make them happy.

Overall a good company to work for

Poorly managed systemPays wellBenefits are mediocre Hours are terrible it’s all about seniority and not about how hard and dedicated you work. if you’re at the bottom of the totem pole then you will be stuck on the hardest back breaking job that nobody wants or always get injured on.

Pros

Pays well

Cons

Great pay and place to work.

Great place to work and people to work with. Lots of OT if desired. The pay is excellent but the benefits are less the average. This is a very low stress job!!

Pros

Low stress, good pay

Cons

Shift work, benefits are less then adequate, no benefits after retirement or company paid pension for new hires.

Stereotyped and main focus is on number of calls attended.

You are expected to attend a minimum 104 calls in your 8 hours shift (To reach your metrics, you are expected to do at least 13 calls every hour). This is a call center environment. You are expected to talk with customers, navigate the system, take notes, record complaints etc... simultaneously. The job can take a toll on you if you can't multitask, or if you cant handle difficult and aggressive customers. Shift includes night shift till 10pm and Saturdays. The supervisors will be right on your back even if you are just a few minutes late to log back in.

Pros

Salary just above other call centers

Cons

Main focus is to attain calls targets and metrics target only.

Fun working for Ford Credit

First it was very easy to start working by learning how to make sure communication is the keys to solve any problem and the management was great always looking to make sure everybody is doing good.the workplace culture was great no complains .The hardest part of the job when you work hard but in the end of the month you find out your salary is not enough for your needs. Always fun working for Ford Credit

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

average hours

Good pay but really long hours

I worked as a TPT for 3 years almost and I can say from experience, unless you like to work in an environment that smells like grease all the time, where you're sometimes in a corner all alone, or on a job where you will have to stand for 8 hours. This is not the job for you. However the pay was very good so if you can trade off the negatives for the positive then go for it. But personally I didn't enjoy it at all. Once I asked the management for a chair to sit on cause the job they had me on wasnt and actual job, it was more just me checking to see if someone did something right an d put it in the right place, and it took him over 3 hours to get me a chair. In the end, I ended up asking another member of management for the chair and he brought me one within 30 minutes.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Long hours, Long periods of standing, Some of the management is slow when you need something

Jobs at Ford Motor Company

See more jobs

good for working

I got to good experience a lot here. All of them were friendly, like a family. When there were difficulties, they helped each other and proceeded well.

Pros

1 hour lunch time

Cons

a little hot

Bad management

Very very fast paced you are just a number there even with a union you can get fired there if you can't do the job. Very good pay but nothing else benefits and pension are garbage

Pros

Pay

Cons

Everything else

I was a great way to make money while in school.

Working at Fords was a great way for me to work and go to school at the same time. They were very understanding about taking time off for school and testing.

Good Company

I enjoyed my time at FORD Mo. Co. I think the company has lots to offer employees. Growth, Compensation, and Advancement are all available at FORD. This is a fast paced environment that requires decision making and long hours.

Quality and excellence of product demands quality and excellence in personelle.Our success as a company depends upon the committment of every employee

We are tasked with assembling a very complex engine product and to do it at a speed that means it will be in a competetively priced market.The company provides the equiptment and training to train new employees to this end.Safety is always a paramount concern so personal protective equiptment is provided and should be used whenever on line.Management is not as visible as in past decades but their support is bolstered by a strong team spirit and staff (TCs,AVRs,RGTs etc).Structure and organization is supported by a fair and consistant code of behaviour and discipline at most times.

Pros

Working with great people, fair to excellent health benefits and a very good salary

Cons

Employment and overtime potential are subject to market factors.

fun and easy going place to work

My co-workers were really nice and very easy to get along with, However the hours were really long and it was really far away from home, i'm just looking for a new job that would allow me to spend more time with my family.

Pros

friendly environment

Cons

very long hours

If only I could give Ford Motor Company zero stars

Harassed if you miss any days and even if you have a doctor's note HR hassles you. I got an umbilical hernia from working there and was told that it wasn't due to activities at Ford so was denied WSIB claim. When you are working constantly and there 10 hrs Mon-Thurs + 8hrs Friday and mandatory Saturdays, not sure how else this would happen, in my sleep? I also have torn muscle and ligament in my elbow and trigger finger from repetitive working conditions (I worked there for 3 years). 3 years later after quitting, my elbow still gives me problems. Hospital emerg visit for debris in the eye that turned into a circus side show of humiliation when returned to work. 6 Supervisors (plant supervisor, 2 man power supervisors, my own line supervisor, plus 2 more) came to this station, was forced to dress in painters coveralls, safety glasses under goggles, and a dust mask, rubber gloves under normal work gloves in the middle of summer. Trouble even picking up a screw to install and trouble seeing because the goggles were fogging up. Supervisors stood over and every time line went down, was threatened with firing. Union person was nowhere to be found for an hour and was evident he is in Ford pocket

Pros

comparable benefits to OHIP

Good luck working here

I came into the company thinking that it will be a 30 years and retire job. Absolutely not! I was on year 5 and the whole dynamic of the place has changed. You can only have 4 sick days (with documentation provided) a year without being penalized, benefits are worse then social assistance. You are just a number to them, they don’t care. It takes 11 years to get to top wage... and then maybe you can finally get ahead of bills and sit comfortable. Just a horribly run company.

Ford is always a Fun place to Work

Apart from the salary, The work culture is really good At Ford. You get to learn a lot if you the drive for it. I really enjoyed my 5yrs at ford motor Company.

Good Place to work

Decent benefits, awesome coworkers, lots of hours available. willing to train you properly to do the job right. The service manager was amazing when I worked there

Golden Jail

The job and company are wonderful but I was warned against submitting to the Golden Jail. The safety of a decent salary and benefits is hard to escape once you become comfortable. You can also listen to whatever you want ("one" headphone at a time).

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ford Motor Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6K