Ford Motor Company

Ford Motor Company Employee Reviews for Machine Operator

Found 7 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,529 reviews

Great experience

Loved working there. Would love to go back.I did several job's at varies plant's and enjoyed my experience. It was a learning experience and evolved me to be the professional Supervisor I am today and would enjoy sharing my experiences my knowledge and my skills back in a Supervisory role.

Bad management

Very very fast paced you are just a number there even with a union you can get fired there if you can't do the job. Very good pay but nothing else benefits and pension are garbage

Pros

Pay

Cons

Everything else

If only I could give Ford Motor Company zero stars

Harassed if you miss any days and even if you have a doctor's note HR hassles you. I got an umbilical hernia from working there and was told that it wasn't due to activities at Ford so was denied WSIB claim. When you are working constantly and there 10 hrs Mon-Thurs + 8hrs Friday and mandatory Saturdays, not sure how else this would happen, in my sleep? I also have torn muscle and ligament in my elbow and trigger finger from repetitive working conditions (I worked there for 3 years). 3 years later after quitting, my elbow still gives me problems. Hospital emerg visit for debris in the eye that turned into a circus side show of humiliation when returned to work. 6 Supervisors (plant supervisor, 2 man power supervisors, my own line supervisor, plus 2 more) came to this station, was forced to dress in painters coveralls, safety glasses under goggles, and a dust mask, rubber gloves under normal work gloves in the middle of summer. Trouble even picking up a screw to install and trouble seeing because the goggles were fogging up. Supervisors stood over and every time line went down, was threatened with firing. Union person was nowhere to be found for an hour and was evident he is in Ford pocket

Pros

comparable benefits to OHIP

Cons

years ago was a great place to work

the new culture has made the Ford Motor company a workplace I would not recommend. Management would eat their own mother to get a step up the corporate ladder.

Pros

can't think of any

Cons

not enough space here to list them all

Fun.

I enjoyed my time while working there. The people were very, very, friendly and it was a really good environment to work in. Going to work each day was a pleasure.

35 great yrs.

would do it again, it was good working with good people that got along every day in a close environment

a great place to work

i like to work hard for my shift . my coworkers were great.management was good the hardest part of the job was repeative work.

Pros

when the shift is over i`m done untill the next day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ford Motor Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6K