Ford Motor Company

Ford Motor Company Pay & benefits reviews: Assembler

Clear
4.1Pay & benefits

Found 17 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,566 reviews

Overall a good company to work for

Poorly managed systemPays wellBenefits are mediocre Hours are terrible it’s all about seniority and not about how hard and dedicated you work. if you’re at the bottom of the totem pole then you will be stuck on the hardest back breaking job that nobody wants or always get injured on.

Pros

Pays well

Cons

Quality and excellence of product demands quality and excellence in personelle.Our success as a company depends upon the committment of every employee

We are tasked with assembling a very complex engine product and to do it at a speed that means it will be in a competetively priced market.The company provides the equiptment and training to train new employees to this end.Safety is always a paramount concern so personal protective equiptment is provided and should be used whenever on line.Management is not as visible as in past decades but their support is bolstered by a strong team spirit and staff (TCs,AVRs,RGTs etc).Structure and organization is supported by a fair and consistant code of behaviour and discipline at most times.

Pros

Working with great people, fair to excellent health benefits and a very good salary

Cons

Employment and overtime potential are subject to market factors.

Good luck working here

I came into the company thinking that it will be a 30 years and retire job. Absolutely not! I was on year 5 and the whole dynamic of the place has changed. You can only have 4 sick days (with documentation provided) a year without being penalized, benefits are worse then social assistance. You are just a number to them, they don’t care. It takes 11 years to get to top wage... and then maybe you can finally get ahead of bills and sit comfortable. Just a horribly run company.

they have a gym you can use for free

very secure job industry. good company good benefit package. I learned to adapt and learn new skills.fast paced assembly work. great union, and depending who and where you are placed it can be a fun work environment

Pros

good starting wage

Cons

hours in the main plant are hard to adjust to

Hard work, Long Hours, Rotating shifts, Excellent money and hours

excellent Money, great benefits, hard work, long hours, and rotating shifts, sense of pride in what I did. I did not approve of the allocated union members. It is my personal opinion that they are constantly letting there local members down.

meet some cool people

great pay, mind numing work.it now has a tim hortons in the plant.if you can do the same thing over and over for 10 hours for the rest of your life its the job for you.

Not for everyone

This place is not for everyone, it’s very difficult to work with so many people of so many ranges, most people do not respect each other, and everyone is talked down too.

Pros

Great wage, benefits

Cons

Long hours, shift work, co workers

terrible place to be a woman

good money...great benefits, job protection from the union. working hours sucked 10hr days 5 days a week. hard work. plant is closed now anyways...

Pros

good money

Cons

repetetive work injuries

automotive

worked for shuttered plant in st.thomas. Great pay and hours with benefits. company closed the plant. stress free job. work the shift and go home with little stress

Summer Student Line Worker

Overall good place to work. Nice coworkers. Good pay. Shift work. Long hours but adequate breaks. Safety training could be better to be honest. Parking is annoying.

Quality verses Quality

I enjoyed working at Ford because it helped me out while I was school becoming an Massage Therapist. I would work during summers and I would be placed in the same department. I build a family over the years and enjoyed the people I worked with.

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

Organizational Skills

Productive, well organized, with lots of perks

The people in general are friendly and helpful. The company provides excellent benefits and rate of pay. The overall management is supportive and most union representatives are helpful with any issues.

Pros

Pay, benefits, management and co workers are great

Cons

Not many, aside from being physically demanding, but you wouldn't expect anything other that that in an assembly plant.

Financially rewarding,great benefits, good amount of vacation time.

Assembly line work pretty monotonous How to persurvire your when you felt you were to tired to go on. If you were the kind of person who showed up on time and gave your best effort they were appreciative. Most co-workers were great and of course there were a few jerks. Hardest part was the shift changes and long hours. Most enjoyable part was the comrodery of co-workers

Pros

Great wages and benefits

Cons

Shift changes and overtime.

excellent summer placement

Not something I would be interested in for the rest of my life but, it has proved to be a wonderful work experience for the summer-time. its a good way for me to make a few extra dollars on the side when you need some extra cash. Good hours, good pay, people are welcoming.

Pros

simple

Cons

few 'not so fun' jobs

repetitive mind numbing work

put batteries into a car upwards of 500 times a day very boring pays very well interesting work environment

Hot summers

- gets really hot in the plant during the summer time, little water provided to employees- management was more about the bottom line and making sure things got done on time- good pay for what is done

Fast paced environment

Very repetitive work in a industrial setting. Good people to work with and good pay. Great company with rich history.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ford Motor Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6K