Ford Motor Company

Ford Motor Company Employee Reviews for Assembler

Found 49 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,529 reviews

Overall a good company to work for

Poorly managed systemPays wellBenefits are mediocre Hours are terrible it’s all about seniority and not about how hard and dedicated you work. if you’re at the bottom of the totem pole then you will be stuck on the hardest back breaking job that nobody wants or always get injured on.

Pros

Pays well

Cons

As anyone would expect a factory job to be.

I worked there for about 8 months. The money was amazing and i Worked a lot of overtime. Some weeks i was taking home 1500$ after taxes. And thats at starting rate $20.81. If you are looking for a job that you can listen to music, text all day, and watch movies while you work this is the job for you. Only way to advance is by putting your time in and bidding on other jobs. Everyone is looking to land the “easy” jobs. If you are mechanically inclined, look else where. You will get very bored very quickly. Rumours of people being rude and mean are just rumours. Everyone i worked with was nice. A couple older guys think they run the place, but they should realize that they are replaceable like everyone else in there.

Pros

Money, overtime, easy job

Cons

Long hours, night shift, same thing day in and day out

Quality and excellence of product demands quality and excellence in personelle.Our success as a company depends upon the committment of every employee

We are tasked with assembling a very complex engine product and to do it at a speed that means it will be in a competetively priced market.The company provides the equiptment and training to train new employees to this end.Safety is always a paramount concern so personal protective equiptment is provided and should be used whenever on line.Management is not as visible as in past decades but their support is bolstered by a strong team spirit and staff (TCs,AVRs,RGTs etc).Structure and organization is supported by a fair and consistant code of behaviour and discipline at most times.

Pros

Working with great people, fair to excellent health benefits and a very good salary

Cons

Employment and overtime potential are subject to market factors.

Not the best place to work

Really repetitive work. Working shift work is difficult. Don’t have much of a life away from work. Management doesn’t treat you very well. The pay isn’t work the work.

Student Summer Job @ Ford

I worked at Ford as a student during the summer and the hours were long and strenuous but it was great pay. It was hot during the summer months (especially when your fan is broken!) and made it grueling work. They're not forgiving when you miss a day of work. I came into work one day with major anxiety, and on top of that being sick, and they switched me to a new assembly line the next day. Some of the workers there were really nice but coming in as a student is different as people have cliches or keep to themselevs. I wouldn't go back. (great pay though!)

Good luck working here

I came into the company thinking that it will be a 30 years and retire job. Absolutely not! I was on year 5 and the whole dynamic of the place has changed. You can only have 4 sick days (with documentation provided) a year without being penalized, benefits are worse then social assistance. You are just a number to them, they don’t care. It takes 11 years to get to top wage... and then maybe you can finally get ahead of bills and sit comfortable. Just a horribly run company.

Terrible work place

Worst place I have ever worked. You are treated as an employee number only. Any mistakes you make you are punished for. Vacations are next to impossible to get approved(unless you have high seniority). Sick days are a painful process to explain to the company and require doctor notes. People you work with all act like high school kids. Yohave no life.

Hard Job that will grind you down

If you want to be disabled by the time you retire, work here. Physical injuries are common and the people here are awful to work with. Management will straight up yell at you.

fast paced work environment

fast paced work environment can be fun if individuals are interested in working with tools and assembly productivity. co-workers can be friendly and helpful

Hahah

Worst place to work very stressful not enough manpower ever which creates mass job reductions and eliminating jobs to add to others that are already struggling

Jobs at Ford Motor Company

Assembler positions
See more jobs

Bad Place to work

This place is for you if you do not have a life and want to waste it they work you till you can’t anymore and then keep making you do the same thing. The Union is something to laugh at and not one of the union reps will care about you they are just around to keep you quiet

fast paced

Constantly walking and moving on feet, bending into cars and reaching above cars. The hardest part of the job is your muscles adjusting to different body movements and positions.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

commuting

Was hired in a big group than laid off in a big group

Ford needed worker's at the time was doing a mass hiring. I was one of the new hires. They ended up laying all the new hires off, a total of 180 workers, after 4months when they had knowlying getting rid of two of there big vehicles. They brought in the 2020 new model vehicle. Didn't need all the new hires after 4months. Jobs are never secure there no matter how long you work there. supervisor

Pros

Make good money while it lasts

Cons

Always have a back up job, you could be layed off at anytime no matter how long you work there

Hard, Non-stop and stressful

Show up at work. We the Line starts you put on your parts on vehicle and when done you go back to work station and get parts ready for next vehicle. Repeat like 600 times a day. When the line stops at end off the day we then go home

Good

Good experience and good staff. Really enjoyed working there for the most part. Most people don't understand how much the job entails unless they've worked in a similar place. Worst part was the owner didn't pay us every two weeks and having to do overnights.

Consistent employment with great salary and benefits

It was an excellent job opportunity that allowed me to advance into the next stage of my life. I wont forget the coworkers, nor the discipline that the Ford motor company taught me.

Great enrionment

I had an excellent time working at Ford Motor Company in Oakville, Ontario. the structured shifts were incredibly well organized, i was amazed by the level of efficiency that was maintained on such a large scale.

they have a gym you can use for free

very secure job industry. good company good benefit package. I learned to adapt and learn new skills.fast paced assembly work. great union, and depending who and where you are placed it can be a fun work environment

Pros

good starting wage

Cons

hours in the main plant are hard to adjust to

Relaxed worked environment

Relaxed work environment, workers are allowed to music while working preventing boredom on days when the plant is not busy. The only hard part of the job is when working an overnight shift the cafeteria is not open.

Worst job ever

You're just a number to them. Be prepared for permanent injuries due to repetitive movements because they refuse to rotate jobs. biweekly shift changes mean once you get used to the one shift you're switched on to the other meaning your mental health, family life, everything, suffers.

Hard work, Long Hours, Rotating shifts, Excellent money and hours

excellent Money, great benefits, hard work, long hours, and rotating shifts, sense of pride in what I did. I did not approve of the allocated union members. It is my personal opinion that they are constantly letting there local members down.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ford Motor Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6K