Ford Motor Company

Canada347 reviews

Found 347 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,093 reviews
motorassemblyunionplantrepetitiveshiftvehiclecar

Fast pace

General it is a good company to work with. Co-workers are very friendly and nice, management always support works to get done. You need to finish job very fast and accurate, need to really know your job or it may cause huge trouble to recover it!

Under appreciated and under paid

I learned a lot of life lessons there and it had its moments of fun but overall the work space is negative and toxic. People are selfish and there is no companionship. Staff was under paid and under appreciated. Management was unorganized and rude. I enjoyed working near my friends not working for Ford. Was a good stepping stone but I can’t recommend anyone to work at Barrhaven ford or any other Ford.

Insights into Ford Motor Company

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Fair pay for job
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

The people there make it tolerable

Overall not a terrible job the pay checks are good, extremely repetitive which makes your days drag on. The union is pretty mediocre at best at what they do. Constantly getting screwed over at contract time

Awful. Disgusting place to work. Toxic work environment

Do not even waste your time jumping through all of their hoops just to get hired because once your hired, it's all down hill from there. Management is absolutely the most terrible team of people I have ever met. No one there including their safety inspectors care if you get injured or not. Management is toxic, the supervisors are not educated and are terrible to employees and the union gets weaker every time a old timer retires. Waste of my life.

Pros

There isn't any

Cons

Great workplace culture ,very inclusive work place, supportive co worker.

from the interview process to the onboarding and training you are extremely well guided , great work culture, very inclusive, supportive co worker and team mate , opportunity to grow and learn everyday with on going training on the job, management open door policies, great benefices, salary can review a little upward though aside that Great place to work ! the most positive work experience I have ever had.

Solid place to work.

The work is not very difficult and they pay is very good, as long as you can deal with the repetitiveness of the work. As a TPT the management was pretty decent and everyone was very supportive.

hard work with OT and gym usage

typical work day meetings steady on the go work not many breaks!!wash room breaks on the assembly line were hard to come by!!that why i ate my food and sat on the toilet at times!!eating my food!!

Pros

great cafeteria food

Cons

lots of pushing to get the work done not a friendly enviroment

good job

good place to work, i had an easy interview and easy assessment online. warehouse and staff a friendly always go to the supervisor for an issues you may have

What a Joke

Just put a band-aid on it. Never repair it. Nothing but grief on breakdowns. Management doesn't care about your mental health or well-being. Been "laid off" for 4 weeks plus 2 weeks earlier this year. Get a part time job Management says.Skilled trades are treated like GARBAGE. No life planning at all

Pros

Can't think of one

Cons

List is to long

Terrible work environment with very bad management and bad union

Supervisors are very disrespectful and treat you like kids. They lie and write you up for a simple mistake. They force you to stay overtime even when there is no work to be done. Would not recommend working at this company.

Pros

Co-workers

Cons

Mandatory overtime, bad management, hot environment

Best general labour job I’ve ever worked at

Extremely relaxed, employees are amazing, most supervisors are nice and understanding as long as your attitude is reciprocated, some supervisors just want to make their quota but they’re still decent people. HR is great, ergonomics are pretty good for the most part, pay is amazing, they’re understanding of disabilities, they always let me sit if I needed to on the line which helped me do a better job (i have scoliosis so standing for long periods are almost impossible for me), jobs are incredibly easy, you can pause the line if you have an issue or if you haven’t finished at your station, it’s just overall a great place to work for a general labour job.

Very stressful.

A highly stressful position. You are always wrong, even when you are right. Union dictates everything. The constant struggle between upper management and the union.

Pros

Benefits and a good salary.

Cons

Long hours.

Production Team Member

When the plant is busy there is alot of opportunity for overtime. Mandatory shedualed Saturday while still working 48hrs during the weekend is tough on the body and family life when it is constantly.

Great pay for students but management needs improvement.

Great pay for what the job entails and very straight forward. Very good for a college or university student! Cons include; long hours, mandatory overtime and micromanaging from certain supervisors. They sometimes lie to us and assume we don't know any better, when we do. Also, don't expect the Union to do much for you unless its a serious issue. Overall, very repetitive job and expect shifts to be cut every once in a while but the bonuses and time and 1/2 shifts are nice.

No work/home life balance.

If you want a life, don't come here.... Good pay, but no work/home life balance... You'll see that in your co-workers there who are grumpy and miserable.. this place also breeds addictions from the mind numbing repetitive work. Hard on your body. Would have been a good job 20years ago. Avoid now.

I love my work !

I belong to this workplace, I have a great Manager who is a Leader more than a BOSS, He always appreciates my work and that gives me lots of motivation to do my daily tasks!

Super fast paced, rewarding, and satisfying. Lots to learn. Not payed enough

Worked for 2+ years at ford, staff was niceDidnt get payed enough for the amount of workGreat to get into of you want to learn about automotive. I have learned alot and am able to preform basic maintenance to all vehicles, it may kill your passion for cars when you work on shitboxes all day though so beware.

Avoid this place...Oakville Assembly

Was great when I started. Lots of overtime and no layoffs. 2021 trades got laid off 15 weeks and production employees were laid off more than that. This year in 2022...had 2 weeks of layoffs already and was told to expect 10 to 20 weeks of layoffs more.If you love being laid off this is the place for you.Management has in no respect for trades and all they care about is saving money to fluff their bonuses. #1 person on that list is the plant controller who's obviously jealous of how much money trades make. He has no clue about trades and could care less if they lose their trades although it's pretty stupid because they can't hire anyone either.

Huge company, many opportunities to grow. Management is ok (can be better) the best thing are colleagues, it's a fantastic team to work with.recommended to others

Pros

Work environment

Cons

Skilled trades pay has fallen behind comparable jobs in the area. Pension and benefits are terrible.

Paid poorly. Treated poorly. Laid off numerous times totalling 12 weeks last year with no notice. Hostile work environment with no respect. People quitting all the time now. Not what it used to be. IBEW pays more, better pension, more vacation and better benefits

Fast paced envrionment but due to shortage of parts etc there are weeks of layoffs

Can listen to music, even watch movies when you get comfortable with the job you own.Coworkers are really friendly and helpful. When work is good the management is also good but they are usually stressed out when work load is slow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ford Motor Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement