Ford Motor Company Employee Reviews

Found 186 reviews matching the search See all 5,170 reviews
Fun.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 March 2019
I enjoyed my time while working there. The people were very, very, friendly and it was a really good environment to work in. Going to work each day was a pleasure.
Fast paced production industry
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON4 March 2019
This experience is what you make of it. You need to be able to find your own work-life balance in an industry that would otherwise ask very much of its qualified personnel. You will meet all kinds of personalities and you have to be confident in your own skills to succeed. It isn't for everyone, but Ford has a lot to offer.
Pros
High salary
Cons
"red-tape"
Operator (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 February 2019
Ford is a good place to work. I do enjoy going to work everyday. This job is not for everyone though. It is the same work everyday. If you do not like change this job is great for you.
Overall good
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 February 2019
Very good place to work if you enjoy working on the line. Hard work but the pay is nice! Great job to have if your a student or someone looking to put years into the industry for their lifetime job!
Pros
line goes down quite often
Cons
Long days
Excelent place to work
Core and D&R Engineer (Former Employee) –  Distrito Federal1 February 2019
Very good company that takes care of its employees. It gives you more vacation days than the average companies in Mexico, and has good compensation policies
they have a gym you can use for free
assembler (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON16 January 2019
very secure job industry. good company good benefit package. I learned to adapt and learn new skills.fast paced assembly work. great union, and depending who and where you are placed it can be a fun work environment
Pros
good starting wage
Cons
hours in the main plant are hard to adjust to
Relaxed worked environment
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON25 November 2018
Relaxed work environment, workers are allowed to music while working preventing boredom on days when the plant is not busy.
The only hard part of the job is when working an overnight shift the cafeteria is not open.
I have not worked here (never worked with ford as employer)
have not worked with ford (Former Employee) –  not applicable24 November 2018
I have only worked with Ford as supplier but not directly as Ford employee.
Still I would say very system driven company and has proved over years stability of it's offering to market.
Decently okay for a big company
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 November 2018
Still in need to improve on their Software development process. Has the old Automative process which favors more of the Waterfall development process.
Worst job ever
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON18 October 2018
You're just a number to them.

Be prepared for permanent injuries due to repetitive movements because they refuse to rotate jobs.

biweekly shift changes mean once you get used to the one shift you're switched on to the other meaning your mental health, family life, everything, suffers.
Hard work, Long Hours, Rotating shifts, Excellent money and hours
Absentee Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON17 October 2018
excellent Money, great benefits, hard work, long hours, and rotating shifts, sense of pride in what I did. I did not approve of the allocated union members. It is my personal opinion that they are constantly letting there local members down.
emploi physique et enrichissant
Assembleur de pneus (Former Employee) –  Valleyfield16 October 2018
ne peut pas recommender plus la Cie est fermée,depuis.
Intergrative and Networking
Commissioning Safety Engineer (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 October 2018
All aspects of working with corporate and global teams for new lands projects, involving procurement, project management, new product installations and overall OHS geared towards zero lost time, and full coverage of issue resolutions with all levels of the workforce, (in plant skilled trades, contractor, OEM's, controls engineers, requisitioning engineers, program leadership, and corporate officers). Very rewarding to install a new product line for a truck or vehicle engine, from the ground up. Completing sign off for review, design, run off and launch programs, leading to completion of a 2 year project is rewarding, especially with zero harm.
Pros
Job Autonomy
Cons
working with negative folks
meet some cool people
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON27 September 2018
great pay, mind numing work.it now has a tim hortons in the plant.if you can do the same thing over and over for 10 hours for the rest of your life its the job for you.
Senior QA Test Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON20 September 2018
I really want to thank you for acknowledging my work on the new thinking strategy. You put a lot of trust in me to lead that initiative, and it gave me a chance to flex my project management skills. I’m glad it had a positive outcome, and I’m particularly pleased that you saw the value in the work as well.
good place to work at
sevice tech (Former Employee) –  Lac La Biche, AB18 September 2018
very clean and stable place to work at, employees where grate bunch of pepol to work with.the employer was a great guy 2 talk to and be around. id go back there if i could.
Pros
grate wage and it was in town
Cons
it shut down
Unpredictable
Assemble Line (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON17 September 2018
Ford is a great place to work with good benefits but job security is not the best they are very unpredictable no matter how long you have put time in there.
benefits
Cons
job security
Great Opportunity!!
Dock Worker/ Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 September 2018
As a student, I was able to not worry financially with great schedule flexibility. With performance issues amongst many employees, situations were always able to be handled calmly and directly. With many other students, the summers were a peaceful compared to many other warehousing positions. Overall Ford motor company is a very contentious workplace with it's employees, making sure that individual needs are met so that the team producing the results are work are not hampered with.
Pros
Flexible schedule, with great consideration to education
Cons
Communication amongst levels of superiors is a bit strained
repetitive place to work
ASSEMBLY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 September 2018
Ford is a great place to make good money and has a union but does not offer good job security and has very poor work place culture. A regular work day consists of standing there doing the same job thousands of times.
Pros
wages and benefits
Cons
job security
good job at Ford
RF Test Engineer of LTE/UMTS Network (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 August 2018
the manager is an expert in this field and have very good the team work,I am happy working for the company,the salary level is satisfying ,but this is a contract job, I am looking for a full time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ford Motor Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2