FORACO

FORACO Employee Reviews

3.8Job security & advancement

Met some great people while working there.

Enjoyed my time working for Foraco. Met some great people. Met some good drillers with a lot of experience that showed me some of their knowledge. Management was not always pleasant with the workers.

Nil

Not overly the best to work for pay is descent but lack of experience is well known. Miscommunication is the down fall. Is a descent place for entry level

Sneaky management

Terrible management in their under ground division. Terrible for parts and mechanics for repairs. Zero communication amongst cross shifts as well with upper management.

My expirence as a HSE supervisor on a FIFO rotation.

Working in Guinea on a BHP Billiton site I was responsible for managing HSE for Foraco, on a day to day basis I did manage all HSE actions on the site according to my HSE work plan approved by my manager in Burkina faso e.g. Job safety observation, weekly workplace inspection, hazard identification among others that also includes my daily Positive Attitude Safety System (PASS) meeting with the client which made me a very good and skilled HSE team player.I had the opportunity to learn a lot from the BHP Billiton safety standards and also got to know how to use the field ID's new technology for my field inspections, which was very great and much effective.Reporting directly to the regional HSE manager for Europe Middle East and Africa (EMEA) I had the opportunity to work hand in hand with the country manager for Guinea and also with the project and site manager which helped me to build better interpersonal skills from all those people with much work experience.The hardest part initially was working in an area of that country where the safety culture was not much accepted but with time they all got into the safety culture after months of trainings everything was playing out the way they should and they most fun part was BHP Billiton as the main client was very much concern about the compliance of standards so it gave me the support from my manager and also from management in almost everything needed for my job to be executed effectively, also it was a 2 months fly in and a month fly out (FIFO) contract which was also nice.

Pros

work perfomance bonus

Cons

12 hours shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FORACO. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8Job security/advancement