Footaction

Footaction Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews
If you like sneakers, you'll like footaction
Everyone there was a sneakerhead to some degree so there was always a common ground between everyone. Good people to work with, met a lot of cool people.
Great Place to Work if you are not trying to work a lot
Provide exceptional level of customer service by assisting customers and assessing their shopping needs in person and over the phone. Resolving any problem that customers may have with any past or present purchase. Processing online orders in a timely manner with flawless execution. Take incoming calls, reservations, rate quotes, general questions and answers. Provide information and resolution for customers, other branches, insurance companies, dealerships, repair shops and other vendors.
Fun workplace
People that worked at Footaction were really nice, people there were really outgoing. Met a lot of people while working there and learned a lot. Overall it's a fun and cool workplace to be in.
fun workplace
I have been working at Footaction part time for a couple months now.
Pros

Opportunity to operate business as if it was your own. Only thing is you don't have to worry about the expense of a business owner just controlling it.

Cons

Holiday hours and unruly customer at times.

Advice to Management

You have to need thick skin if you don't already.
Great workplace
Working within this company I have learnt how competitive sales are. The company pushes for associates to create a great experience for anyone that walks into the store. If you love sneakers and lifestyle clothing, it's a great environment to work in. The culture is great, everyone is like family and is looked out for.
Amazing workplace
The employees are generally great. The culture is fantastic and i really enjoyed my time working there. The only reason I don't work their anymore is because i wasn't making enough money.
Look elsewhere if you're looking for good hours
Commission has been taken out, employees only make minimum wage.

Typical day of work consists of assisting customers and organizing merchandise. Most of the time, there is little to no traffic which results in employees just walking around doing nothing.

The biggest downside to this workplace would be management and the hours. The store acknowledges the fact that there is a lack of hours to be distributed among employees but still continues to hire people. Typical part timers would receive 5 hours per week (10 if lucky); however, management will give certain part timers almost 20 hours per week despite them demanding less hours

GM is a genuinely good person but he needs to improve his relationship with the employees as well as other members of the management team.
Pros
Culture and Discount
Cons
Hours and Management
Good
people are really lit. its fun to work. everyone is friendly. product is great. GM needs some help. stay on your ps and qs. other than that, its a good job.
Footaction
Would not recommend it to anyone else. Asked me to work at Foot locker full time. Did not receive any guidance to grow within the company. Slow paced.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Slow paced work environment depending on what shift you worl
Fun workplace, management felt very different
Coworkers and managers were very friendly and helpful however management was very distant. Lack of communication and overwork compared to other stores even footlocker and champs.
Greatest Experience with a change in the dynamic of retail service
Every since Footaction opened up in Toronto, the change in service for in store level has gone dramatically up.

Not only does Footaction offer the exclusive products and assortment to their competitors, they offer substantial service to make every customer experience memorable every way possible.

It is a huge step to secure bricks and mortar industry. Customers want to have the best experience possible. This leads to loyalty and commitment to Footaction Canada in the near future
alright
Hours at footaction very inconsistent, training wasnt thorough enough. Too much people working and management has favorites, the crew overall was great
Where else would a sneaker head work
If sneakers or just street wear in general is something you cant get enough of, this place is paradise. Not only are you surrounded by your favorite brands (Nike, Jordan, Adidas, Champion) but you get to talk about and share your interests with your customers all shift. Another cool bonus (other than the discount) would be having cool music other than the typical songs played by the mall. My favorite part of the job would be having an outlet to share my passion for sneakers and just working with shoes all day. Where else would a Sneaker head workÉ
Pros
discount
Cons
hours
productive and fun
i really in enjoyed working at foot action, my experienced there gave me lot of knowledge in working in a retail store. I enjoyed working with my employers it made me feel I was part of family.