Foot Locker

3.3Pay & benefits

Found 112 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,042 reviews
shoelockerdiscountfootsalecommissionstoresneaker

Decent first job

not much to say. Chill job, great if you like shoes and are looking for discounts. Decent first job, the commission is not the greatest but it could be worse

Brief Summary Of My Time At Foot Locker

The most enjoyable part is the friendships I have made with employees and even some customers. I was able to advance quickly and frequently within the company but then once I got to a certain level as a General Manager there wasn't much growth available from there.

Pros

30% discount, access to exclusive shoes, fair bonus structure for management, benefit program

Cons

communication from head office, well below average compensation for all employees

Insights into Foot Locker

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Poorly run, very unprofessional

Great as a part time job, any form of full time jobs in this company will under pay you while treating you with very minimal respect and zero professionalism. I wouldn’t recommend working at footlocker to anybody.

Pros

good employee discount

Cons

Unprofessional, low wages, lazy management

Great first job

It's all about teamwork, so it is immediately a welcoming environment. Everyone is read to help eachother out. It gets quite stressful depending on location, but it's manageable. Sometimes it can be overwhelming when understaffed and needing to do several tasks at once. But overall great experience if a first job. You learn so much.

Pros

Discount, Flexible hours, employee raffles

Cons

Too much work for minimum wage

Not the greatest

Not a great place to work if you are management.Pay scale is not it. Poor communication from head office. Great place to work though if you're part time and don't mind the min wage.

Fun and fast paced environment

Overall, I had a great experience working at Footlocker. The managers and associates are inclusive, easygoing and friendly. The schedules are very flexible and managers can make quick arrangements at the last minute. Pay is minimum wage which is okay but understandable.

It’s just OK

Footlocker no longer gives out commission but you are still required to hit your quotas. For my location, we would get written up if we don’t hit goals which was stressful because sometimes it was hard to do so during slow hours. With no commission and working at minimum wage it was not worth the stress that the management applies to the workers.

Good first job, but not a career

Started in highschool and was getting hours at first, but as the years progressed, the hours started to decreases. Great people to work with just not enough hours to work.

Fun place to work

I really enjoy working at Foot Locker, it’s a fun place to work especially for someone who is into sneakers and collects sneakers themselves. The discount is great and it’s much easier to buy limited sneakers than if you were a regular customer.

Pros

Discount / Sneakers, Great Environment

Cons

30 min breaks, minimum wage, lots of standing

Productive fun environment

Was ok not great and not horrible. Was a decent place to work at. People were nice. No future advancement in the company, my time there was ok. Some days were good and some were bad.

Pros

Discount

enjoyable work environment

footlocker has such a unique atmosphere that makes you forget youre even working. its so fun and laid back as long as youre good with your managers. sneaker releases are a beautiful perk of the job and i would most definitely recommend working here

Pros

sneaker releases, 30 % discount and occasional 50% discount

Faces paced. Easy going. Fun company.

I loved my time at footlocker and if it wasn’t for a store closure I would of been there for many years. Everyone in HR and Talent specialist etc are so kind. The wage is fair at least what I was making as ASM was. I loved my job and would recommend anyone to work at footlocker.

Pros

Launch list, loyal customers, good pay, good hours.

Cons

None :)

Good part time minimum wage job

Worked there for two years part time, no real complaints. You know what you get with this job as its minimum wage and there really isn't any surprises with it

Pros

shoe discount

Cons

High stress fast paced environment

Sales Associate

Good part-time job. Full-time employees and management are not paid enough for the amount of work they have to put in. If you have a good manager and co-workers it can be a fun job. There is weekly sale targets, however with the removal of commission there's really no incentive to hit them. 30% discount year round, with 50% a few select times throughout the year. If you aren't willing to dedicate your life to the company they really don't care about you and good luck getting any sort of raise. Profits over people.

Pros

Discount

Cons

No commision, low hourly wage

Great Staff/Out of Touch Upper MGMT

The people you work with throughout your time with this company are amazing. That is what you come to work for every day.Upper management and those in Head Office are out of touch, out of sight, and you are out of their minds. Until they need to criticize you or blame you for something. Something that with better training, and more support from them, could've been avoided.I could go on and on but just know, if you choose to work here at any level, you will not be compensated close to what you deserve and as soon as you stop bending over backwards for minimum wages and minimum praises, they will find a way to see you out the door.Foot Locker:People in store: 5/5Upper management: 2/5Discount: 3/5 (You are no longer guaranteed access to new releases)Wage & hours (unless you are a manager) 1/5

Pros

Discount

Cons

Upper Management

Easy going, great culture

Relatively easy job, besides around Christmas time and back to school. Personally I think we should be paid a little more but that's retail for you. Lots of opportunities to move up if you wish to do that. Management listens to your concerns and are truly a phone call away if you need them. If you're a Sneakerhead this is no doubt the job for you.

Pros

Discount, hours, relaxed

Cons

Pay, hours are slim if you're a part timer

Amazing place to work at

I have been with Footlocker for 5 years now. Footlocker isn’t just a job for me anymore it’s more of a family. I am enjoy going to work everyday. Hours are flexible and pay is average can’t complain. You do get benefits of first come first serve for some releases. Overall 10/10

Trendy workplace

The job can be fun and busy depending on the season-- back to school, black friday, christmas. The environment of the store is really depending on the manager. Some were fun, some were strict and some could be unfair. You are required to meet sale goals which is not that hard. The best part about working at foot locker were the coworkers and building an awesome shoe collection.

Pros

Employee discount 30%-50%

Cons

PT- no benefits and low pay (minimum wage)

Unless you are the store manager dont bother

As an assistant manager you got all the responsibility and no compensation. Bonuses were "just taken away" as I was promoted? How likely. 100% Audit with no bonus. But the manager boasts about his. And if you think the stress ends after you quit boy are you wrong, you might get a call months later (on a Valentines Day to boot) accusing you of theft and fraud! But when they review everything and realize you are innocent all you get is a text with no apology

Pros

Discount but you might get accused of theft

Cons

Stressful, no compensation, no reason to hit sale goals, no reason to be promoted unless you skip ASM.

Good first Job or Part Time Job but after a year, leave.

Footlocker is a good job for someone who lives with their parents or who are students that like sneaker culture you'll make the bare minimum wage and benefits that a company is required by law to offer but truly nothing else. When you work at least 1 year work well and leave, i guarantee you, you stay any longer than that you will waste your valuable time and is not worth it. They couldn't care less about their employees they only look out for their Store managers and District managers and nothing else really. Truly bad "career opportunities" if you could even call it that. Work for a year ONLY IF YOU REALLY LIKE SNEAKER CULTURE. If not avoid this company like the plague

Pros

Good for part times

Cons

Terrible for Anyone else.

Productive workplace that is flexible with school schedules

Productive workplace that is flexible with school schedules. Great for a part-time job but it will not pay enough to cover the cost of living. It is a good second job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foot Locker. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement