Foot Locker

Foot Locker Employee Reviews in Hamilton, ON

Relatively easy job, besides around Christmas time and back to school. Personally I think we should be paid a little more but that's retail for you. Lots of opportunities to move up if you wish to do that. Management listens to your concerns and are truly a phone call away if you need them. If you're a Sneakerhead this is no doubt the job for you.
Pros
Discount, hours, relaxed
Cons
Pay, hours are slim if you're a part timer
Working at footlocker is great in a sense where you meet a lot of different people where you become close friends with because you have such similar styles, however work can get very stressful and they do not pay management enough for the amount of work and stress they carry.
Great place to work, Lots of support. Friendly staff. Multiple offices throughout the Gta. Brand recognition on Global scale. Costing pursuit in latest technology.
Pros
Discount apparel
Cons
A typical day at work would be selling shoes. paper work. Shipment/merchandising. I learned a lot my 2 years there. Closing shop. Open shop. Count money tills. Make sure my team is doing there job helping customers. Making sure the store runs smoothly.
Very productive and a fun place to be. Learned to be independent and stronger and have strong communication skills. Enjoy to communicate with the customers.
The staff is fun and energetic, always willing to teach you and provide you with the best management they can. It was my first job and I enjoyed every moment of it! It taught me a lot about sales and serving the public, I would recommend to anyone
Pros
Discounted shoes
Cons
Loved working at foot locker the only thing was that the pay wasnt good and also they give you alot of work but little money what i loved was the discount i would get for shoes it was great and also dealing with different customer seeing their smile on the face when you helped them shoes the shoe they want its a very good feeling For a first Job foot locker is the best place to start but for a career i do feel like it will take a long time to move up in the corporate
Pros
greats discount
Cons
little pay
As a basksetball player I have a vast knowledge of different basksetball shoes. I also am a volleyball, softball, football, and badminton player. I enjoying selling the proper foot ware.
Pros
Purchasing shoes with a discount
Cons
I have been a part time sales associate at Foot Locker for over a year now. Just like any other job it has its ups and downs which will be discussed briefly in this review. A typical day at work starts with individually greeting my coworkers as I walk to the back to punch in. Learned how to use a cash register and improved on my interpersonal skills but I learned how to sell and survive in retail. Management is always there to help out, more often than not they have been with the company for a few years so they have a decent amount of experience in all areas of the job. Hardest part of the job is dealing with stubborn customers and not having a sale go through after investing so much time and effort in to it. Most enjoyable part is working with people my age and building relationships with coworkers and customers. Workplace culture is enjoyable, music is playing a majority of the time and it is crucial in creating a good environment.
Pros
Discounts on items sold in the store.
Cons
Only con I have is that the commission incentives can be improved for part time employees.
very welcoming and very helpful co workers that I worked with while as a sales associate got along with everyone never had a problem or issue working there
Pros
selling shoes
Cons
On a typical day I will help multiple customers at once with either shoes or apparel. I will print SKU stickers to go in the shoes, I will fill shoe holes in the wall. My day will also include me closing the store usually. This will consist of me folding and organizing clothing, sweeping, changing the garbage, putting away and helping to count tills. The hardest part of my job is trying to quickly find shoes in the stock room while also trying to move through and avoid the mess. Sometimes if the stock room is disorganized, it can cause us to take longer than the customer would like to get their shoes. This is not helpful when we are trying to keep the customer happy as well as help them to leave with a decent and memorable experience. The part I like most about my job is when I give a customer exactly what they want and they end up leaving happy and with a smile. This makes me feel great about my job and remember how enjoyable it is when you can please someone and make them happy just by making their day easier.
Pros
Fun team members, making new friends.
Cons
no healthcare, not enough shifts.
it really helped my experience in sales and i learned alot about my products and really grew with the company